Ferries in Spain: 2022 schedules & tickets
Check the latest updates!
Planning your trip by ferry in Spain for 2022?
On Ferryhopper, you can find up-to-date timetables for all Spanish ferries! See how to get by ferry to the Canary Islands and the Balearics, find useful info about ferries to/from Spain, and organize your island-hopping trip with ease and cheap ferry tickets!
Find the latest 2022 info about:
- Schedules from mainland Spain to the Canaries and the Balearics
- Island-hopping routes in Spain
- Ferries from Spain to Ceuta, Melilla, Morocco, and other countries
- Ferries to Spain from Italy, the UK and more countries
- Ferry companies in Spain
Important: check the latest Covid-19 travel measures for ferries in Spain to plan your trip with confidence.
The quaint harbor of Ciutadella in Menorca, Spain
Ferries in Spain: from the mainland to the Canaries and the Balearics in 2022
You can travel by ferry to the islands of the Canary and the Balearic archipelagos from mainland Spain throughout the year. Ferry schedules to the Canary Islands are regular year-round, while ferries to the Balearic Islands from the eastern coast of Spain are more frequent during the summer months.
Check the latest updates to travel by ferry to the Spanish islands below.
Ferries to the Canaries from mainland Spain
In 2022, there are 3 ferry companies with which you can book a ferry from Spain to the Canary Islands. Trasmediterránea serves ferry crossings from the port of Cádiz, while Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen Express ferries depart from the port of Huelva.
Check popular routes to get by ferry from Spain to the Canary Islands:
- Ferry from Cádiz to Lanzarote: you can get directly from the port of Cádiz to Lanzarote once a week in 2022. The trip duration is 26 hours and tickets start at €175 in the summer.
- Ferry from Cádiz to Gran Canaria: the ferry route Cádiz - Gran Canaria is served once a week in the summer of 2022. It takes 33 hours to reach Las Palmas de Gran Canaria including stopover time at Lanzarote. Tickets start at €175.
- Ferry from Cádiz to Tenerife: it’s possible to travel to Tenerife from Cádiz once a week. The trip to Tenerife includes 2 stops and total travel time is 41 hours. Ferry tickets start at €175 for this sailing.
- Ferry from Huelva to Lanzarote: there are 2 weekly routes from Huelva to Lanzarote in 2022. The crossing duration is 26 hours and tickets cost around €150 without a vehicle in the summer months.
- Ferry from Huelva to Tenerife: there are both direct and indirect routes to Tenerife from Huelva this year. Tickets for the crossing start at €123 depending on ferry operator and itinerary. It takes from 32 to 37 hours to reach Tenerife from Huelva by ferry.
- Ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria: you can only get to Gran Canaria from Huelva by ferry with indirect crossings in 2022. The trip duration ranges between 36-37 hours and tickets cost from €122 to €150 for this route.
Good to know: ferry company FRS has not announced any info about ferries to the Canary Islands from the mainland in 2022.
Ferry off the coast of Tenerife in the Canary Islands
Ferries to the Balearics from mainland Spain
Ready to get by ferry to the Balearic Islands from mainland Spain? There are 4 ferry companies serving routes to the Balearics from Spain in 2022: Baleària, Grandi Navi Veloci and Trasmed (in collaboration with Trasmediterránea).
- Ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca: there are daily routes from Barcelona to Palma and Alcúdia in Mallorca. The ferry crossing duration ranges from 5-8 hours depending on operator and port of arrival. Tickets for this route start at €17.
- Ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza: you can get by ferry to Ibiza from Barcelona daily in the summer of 2022. The crossing duration is around 8 hours and tickets cost approximately €17-60.
- Ferry from Barcelona to Menorca: the Barcelona - Menorca ferry route is active with daily sailings this year. Economy class tickets are €17-46 and the trip duration is around 7.5 hours. There are routes to both ports of Menorca: Mahón and Ciutadella.
- Ferry from Valencia to Ibiza: ferries from Valencia to Ibiza are available daily in 2022. Tickets for the route range from €15 to €53 for economy seating. It takes 5 hours on average to reach the island of Ibiza from the port of Valencia.
- Ferry from Valencia to Mallorca: traveling by ferry to Mallorca from Valencia is possible daily. Ferries depart from the port of Valencia in eastern Spain and reach Mallorca in around 7 hours. The ticket price ranges from €17 to €47.
- Ferry from Dénia to Formentera: there are daily routes to Formentera from Dénia during summer 2022. Ferries to Formentera reach the island in 2 hours and the ticket price is €67.
- Ferry from Dénia to Ibiza: getting to Ibiza from Dénia by ferry takes less than 2.5 hours. There are routes to Ibiza on a daily basis with a starting price of €68.
Good to know: there are no 2022 announcements for passengers wishing to board a ferry to the Balearic Islands from Gandía, Spain.
Ferry from Barcelona arriving at the port of Mallorca at dawn
Island-hopping schedules in Spain
Exploring the archipelagos of Spain by ferry is one of the most summery experiences! In 2022, it’s time to go island hopping in Spain and discover every large and small island.
From the volcanic and remote Canary Islands to the popular Balearics, there are many island-hopping routes to choose from! Hop on a ferry from Mallorca to Menorca, go on a day trip to La Graciosa from Lanzarote or get to know the off-the-beaten-track island of Formentera.
Here are some of the most popular island-hopping Spanish routes:
- Ferry from Lanzarote to La Graciosa: the ferry route to La Graciosa from Lanzarote is available with more than 20 daily crossings. It takes only 30 minutes to reach La Graciosa from the port of Órzola and tickets start at €14.
- Ferry from Fuerteventura to Lanzarote: getting by ferry from Fuerteventura to Lanzarote is possible several times per day. The crossing takes 30 minutes on average and tickets are €18 with Líneas Romero.
- Ferry from Tenerife to La Palma: ferries to La Palma from Tenerife are available twice daily. It takes 2.5-7 hours to reach La Palma and tickets cost €27 for economy seats.
- Ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera: the ferry route Tenerife - La Gomera is in operation daily with multiple sailings. The ferry trip duration ranges from 1 to 2 hours depending on the port of arrival (San Sebastián de La Gomera or Valle Gran Rey). The starting ticket price is €40.
- Ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife: ferries to Tenerife from Gran Canaria are available daily. It takes 2 hours on average to get to Tenerife and tickets are normally around €45.
- Ferry from Mallorca to Menorca: reaching Menorca from Mallorca by ferry is possible daily in the summer of 2022. The ticket price ranges from €49-54 and the trip lasts 1 hour with the fastest ferry.
- Ferry from Ibiza to Formentera: the ferry crossing Ibiza - Formentera is one of the most popular. There are at least 35 daily crossings with an average duration of 40 minutes. Tickets for this route usually start at €15.
The lively port town of Playa Blanca in Lanzarote
Ferries from Spain in 2022
Did you know that there are also ferries from Spain to other countries, as well as North Africa? In 2022, you can get from Spain to Morocco, France, Italy, Algeria, Ceuta, and Melilla by ferry!
Here are some of the most popular routes from Spain:
- Ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta: ferries from Algeciras to Ceuta are available daily in 2022. The ferry ride is just 1 hour and ferry tickets cost around €35.
- Ferry from Almería to Melilla: there are ferries to Melilla from Almería several days a week. It takes 6-7 hours to reach Melilla from mainland Spain and tickets are €58.
- Ferry from Málaga to Melilla: you can catch a ferry from Málaga to Melilla up to 4 days a week. The trip duration is 5-6 hours and tickets cost around €60.
- Ferry from Motril to Melilla: the ferry route Motril - Melilla is in operation several days a week in the summer of 2022. Ferry tickets for this route cost €56 and the journey duration is around 5 hours.
- Ferry from Valencia to Mostaganem: getting from Valencia to Mostaganem in Algeria is possible once a week. Ferries reach Mostaganem in around 15 hours and tickets start at €186.
- Ferry from Barcelona to Porto Torres: the route from Barcelona to Porto Torres in Sardinia is available several days per week this year. Tickets for the route start at €30 and the trip lasts 12.5 hours on average.
Spain to Morocco ferry routes in 2022
Starting 18 April 2022, Spain to Morocco ferry routes are operating again for passngers and vehicles. You can catch a ferry from Barcelona, Motril, Algeciras, Almería, and Tarifa in mainland Spain to ports in northern Morocco, such as Tangier, Nador and Al Hoceima.
Have a look at the top routes announced for 2022 between Spain and Morocco:
- Ferry from Algeciras to Tangier: ferries from Algeciras to Tangier are served by 4 ferry companies. There are more than 20 daily crossings and the duration of the trip is 1 hour on average. Standard tickets are around €35.
- Ferry from Almería to Nador: there are 1-2 daily ferry routes between Almería and Nador. The trip takes 6.5 hours and tickets normally start at €60.
- Ferry from Tarifa to Tangier: the sailing from Tarifa to Tangier is served 6 times per day. Ferries travel to the port of Tangier Ville in just 1 hour. Tickets for this route normally start at €40.
- Ferry from Motril to Al Hoceima: you can catch a ferry from Motril to Al Hoceima in 2022. Ferry company Trasmediterránea is expected to release prices and timetables soon.
- Ferry from Barcelona to Nador: ferries from Barcelona to Nador are available twice per week. A limited number of tickets to Nador cost €92 and the fastest crossing taks 26 hours.
- Ferry from Barcelona to Tangier: you can get by ferry from Barcelona to Tangier up to 4 times per week. Tickets to Tangier from the port of Barcelona are around €100 and the crossing duration is 28-36 hours.
Important: more ferry routes to Morocco from Spain will be announced soon!
The coast of Melilla in the Mediterranean Sea
Ferries to Spain in 2022
As for taking a ferry to Spain from other countries, apart from the ferry connections with North Africa, there are also sailings to Spain from the UK, Italy and France!
Taking a UK - Spain ferry is the best way to transport your car or caravan to the Iberian Peninsula, while routes from Toulon and Rome (Civitavecchia) are the perfect way to explore the Mediterranean Sea with style!
Discover some of the most popular ferry routes to Spain:
- Ferry from Rome (Civitavecchia) to Barcelona: there are at least 6 weekly crossings from the port of Civitavecchia in Rome to Barcelona in the summer of 2022. The crossing duration from Rome to Barcelona is 20 hours and tickets start at €30.
- Ferry from Toulon to Mallorca: ferries from Toulon in France to Mallorca are available 3 days per week. The sailing duration is 11 hours with the fastest route and tickets start at €21.
- Ferry from Portsmouth to Santander: you can travel by ferry from Portsmouth to Santander in Spain twice a week this year. Ferries to Spain from the UK make the trip in 29 hours and tickets start at €400-500 with vehicle transportation.
- Ferry from Plymouth to Santander: ferries from Plymouth to Santander are in operation 2 days per week. The crossing duration is around 21 hours and tickets with car transportation start at €450.
- Ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao: the ferry route from Portsmouth to Bilbao operates twice a week in 2022. The ticker price including a car is around €500. The ferry trip duration is 33-35 hours.
Night lights at the busy port of Barcelona in Spain
Ferry companies in Spain
In 2022, there are around 20 ferry companies operating routes in Spain. These companies serve ferry routes from the ports of the mainland to the islands, trips between the island groups, crossings to North Africa, as well as routes to more countries in the Mediterranean Sea.
Moreover, if you want to get between Spain, North Africa and other countries such as Morocco, Italy and France, you can travel with Baleària, Trasmediterránea, Corsica Ferries, FRS, GNV, Africa Morocco Link, and Grimaldi Lines.
There are also ferries to Spain from the UK served by Brittany Ferries, as well as ferry routes to the archipelagos of Cíes, Ons, Cortegada, and Sálvora in Galicia by Naviera Nabia, Mar de Ons, Cruceros Rias Baixas, and Cruceros do Ulla.
Book tickets for Spain ferries in 2022
On Ferryhopper, you can book cheap ferry tickets for Spain in just a few clicks! Check our ferry map to get the latest information about available ferry schedules in Spain, compare ferry companies and book with no extra fees.
Tip: download the Ferryhopper App to get updates on offers for ferries in Spain, book your ferry tickets easily, and check in online!