On Ferryhopper you will find all the ferry routes, the available schedules so you book ferry tickets from Motril and Andalusia to North Africa!
The port town of Motril is located in the Tropical coast of Granada. Motril is mostly a commercial town that has one of the biggest hyper - markets with various local products. The port of Motril is one of the most important ports of Spain, because it is connected by ferry with many destinations of the Νorth African coast line. For all of these reasons, Motril is an ideal destination, with many more options to enjoy your holidays in Andalusia!
Ferry routes and ferry tickets from Motril
- Ferry from Motril to Nador: This is the fastest ferry route between Motril and the ports of North Africa. Naviera armas offers 4 weekly sailings and the ferries will travel for about 4 hrs.
- Ferry from Motril to Al Hoceima: The same ferry company operates this crossing with also 4 weekly sailing. The duration of this ferry route is about 5 hrs.
- Ferry from Motril to Melilla: This ferry connection is usually operated by FRS, with 6 weekly crossings. The duration of the ferry trip is approximately 5 hr 45 min.
- Ferry from Motril to Tangier - Med: FRS provides this ferry connection as well. There are 7 weekly sailings from Motril to Tangier - Med and the ferry journey lasts about 8 hrs.
Don't get confused - check now the map of ferries on Ferryhopper and find all the available ferry routes from Motril to North Africa!
What to do in Motril
Motril is the second biggest town in the Granada province that stands out for its exceptional exotic beauty and cultural heritage.
Beaches in Motril
Tourists from all over the world, choose to visit Motril for its ideal climate all year long. Furthermore, Motril has to offer the best beaches to enjoy sunbathing and relaxing in the waters of the Costa Tropical. Some of the best beaches to visit are the following:
- Poniente Beach
- Granada Beach
- La Joya Beach
- Calahonda Beach
- Carchuna Beach
Activities and sightseeing in Motril
Apart from the natural landscapes, Motril is an ideal destination for holidays, as it offers many options for sightseeing, eating and of course, having fun. Due to its hyper - market, you will find in Motril, many delicious local products and recipes to taste, like the Dry Octopus of Motril. In addition, if you are a golf lover, you can visit the Moriscos Golf Club and enjoy your favourite sport. The Ferryhopper team recommends some of the must-see site of the town:
- The Sugar-Factory Museum of Pilar
- The pre-industrial museum of the Sugar Cane
- The Iglesia Mayor de la Encarnacion
- The Parque de las Americas
- The Santuario de Nuestra Señora de la Cabeza
Tip: A perfect option to enrich your experience in Andalusia is to travel by car from Motril to beautiful Granada! Being only 65 km from Motril, you will visit one of the most mesmerizing cities in all of Spain! Don’t miss the chance to visit the magnificent Alhambra and stroll around the narrow streets of Albaicin.
How to book your ferry tickets from Motril
Motril is an ideal destination if you want to spend your holidays to an exotic place in Andalusia! Check now the Ferryhopper search engine, find all the information about the ferry routes with their respective itineraries and book your tickets to Melilla and Andalusia, in just a few clicks!