Ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, there is. The ferry route from Tenerife to La Gomera is normally served daily throughout the year. Most ferries arrive at the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera.
There are usually 6-7 daily ferry crossings from Tenerife to La Gomera. The route is served by 2 ferry companies: Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to La Gomera
The first ferry normally departs frrom Tenerife (Los Cristianos port) at 08:45 and arrives in La Gomera at around 09:45. The last departure is usually scheduled at 22:30, with the ferry reaching La Gomera at 23:20.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules for the Tenerife - La Gomera ferry connection and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper in no time.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Ferry prices for the Tenerife - La Gomera ferry start at around €43. The final cost may vary depending on the company, available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best ferry deals and offers for Spain on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about routes, compare prices and offers, and book your tickets to the Canaries on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees!
Note that current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Find all available discounts for your Tenerife - La Gomera ferry trip on Ferryhopper, including the Canary Islands resident discount! Discover some indicative passenger categories entitled to discount tickets:
- Children (4-11 years old)
- Young travelers (<26 years old)
- Senior travelers (60+ years old)
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Note: infants and toddlers up to 3 years old normally travel free of charge.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Ferry time from Tenerife to La Gomera ranges between 50 min and 1 hr, depending on the crossing and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Tenerife to La Gomera. The fastest ferry reaches the island in 50 min.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and La Gomera?
The distance between the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife and San Sebastián in La Gomera is around 25 nautical miles (about 47 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to La Gomera from Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your ferry trip:
- The port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife can get quite busy during the summer. We recommend getting there at least 1 hr before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- As La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canaries, it is a great destination for a short trip. Take a look at our La Gomera travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- We recommend booking your return trip in advance, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle. Check out more information about ferries from La Gomera to Tenerife on Ferryhopper!
- La Gomera is also a great starting point gor an island-hopping adventure! Find all available ferry connections on the Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canaries hassle-free.
- For even easier and faster bookings, download the Ferryhopper App for free!
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
You can travel by ferry to San Sebastián de La Gomera from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The city is located on the south coast of the island, approximately 14 km from Tenerife South Airport and 79 km from Tenerife North Airport. Several daily bus services are running from both airports to Los Cristianos.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, normally all ferries to La Gomera from Tenerife have car decks and transport vehicles.
Bear in mind that the car-deck spaces can run out fast, especially in the high season. Therefore, we suggest booking your car or motorcycle tickets well in advance!
Each ferry company serving this route has a different baggage allowance policy:
- With Naviera Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 4 luggage items, weighing up to 60 kg in total. It also offers trolleys to help passengers transport their luggage
- With Fred. Olsen Express, you can carry up to 20 kg of luggage free of charge. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags.
The ferry trip to reach La Gomera from Tenerife is quite short. As such, there are no cabins available on the ferries serving the route, but there is onboard seating (numbered seats) included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on all Tenerife - La Gomera ferries, as long as you include the pet in the booking. Pets are usually allowed in seating areas, as long as they stay in a carrier. They are also allowed on the outside decks. When outside their carriers, pets should wear a leash.
Make sure you carry your pet’s health certificates and any necessary supplies.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera at the best prices. Find all available ferry connections in the Canaries on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and plan your trip to La Gomera easily and quickly!