How to get from Tenerife to La Gomera by ferry
There are normally at least 4 daily ferry crossings from Tenerife to La Gomera and the trip lasts approximately 1 hr. Compare ferries from Tenerife to La Gomera and find the latest updates in our ferry guide.
Ferry schedules from Tenerife to La Gomera*
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
The ferry route from Tenerife to La Gomera is usually served several times per day throughout the year. Most ferries arrive at the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera, but occasionally, there is also a connection to the port of Valle Gran Rey. The route is normally operated by 2 ferry companies: Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can find real-time schedules for the Tenerife to La Gomera ferry route and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Travel time from Tenerife to San Sebastián de La Gomera is approximately 1 hr, while ferry duration from Tenerife to the port of Valle Gran Rey is around 1 hr 45 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Tenerife to La Gomera. The fastest ferry reaches the island in 50 min.
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Ferry prices from Tenerife to La Gomera start at around €40. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts. For example, you can apply the resident discount on the Tenerife - La Gomera ferry crossing.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to La Gomera?
There are usually at least 4 daily ferry crossings from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife to the port of San Sebastián de La Gomera. The earliest ferry normally departs at 08:45 and arrives in La Gomera at around 09:45. The latest departure is usually at 20:00, with the ferry reaching La Gomera at 20:50.
Occasionally, there is also a ferry connection from Tenerife to Valle Gran Rey, a small town on the east coast of La Gomera. The route is usually served 2 times per week.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and La Gomera?
The distance between Tenerife and La Gomera is approximately 25 nautical miles (about 47km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, traveling by ferry between the Canary Islands is allowed. Βear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera on Ferryhopper with just a few clicks. See all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and plan your trip to La Gomera online at no extra cost.
The so-called Castle of the Sea next to the beautiful Vallehermoso beach in La Gomera
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tenerife to La Gomera
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tenerife to La Gomera:
- The port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife can get quite busy during the summer. We recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Since La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canaries, it is a great destination for a short trip.
- Check our La Gomera travel guide for more tips and useful information about the island.
- From La Gomera, you can travel to other neighboring islands of the Canaries, such as La Palma and El Hierro. Find all available ferry itineraries on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping hassle-free.
- For more information about your ferry trip from Tenerife to La Gomera, you can contact our customer support team.
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera
You can travel by ferry to San Sebastián de La Gomera from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife. The city is located on the south coast of the island, approximately 14km from Tenerife South Airport and 79km from Tenerife North Airport. There are several daily bus services running from both airports to Los Cristianos.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera with a car?
Yes, the ferry to La Gomera from Tenerife can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance! The average price of a car ticket for the trip is around €30 - €40, while motorcycle fares cost approximately €25 - €40.
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and travel easily by ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera.
Luggage on the ferry to La Gomera
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
The ferry trip to reach La Gomera from Tenerife is quite short. So, there are no cabins on the ferries serving the route, but there are numbered seats.