Traveling from Tenerife to La Gomera by ferry
There are around 45 weekly ferry crossings from Tenerife to La Gomera, serviced by 2 ferry companies. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Canary Islands.
Ferry schedules from Tenerife to La Gomera*
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Normally, the route from Tenerife to La Gomera is available with 2-3 daily crossings. The route is available throughout the year, usually serviced by Fred Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. From Tenerife you can travel to two ports in La Gomera: San Sebastián and Valle Gran Rey. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to La Gomera?
The ferry crossing duration from Tenerife to San Sebastián in La Gomera is 1 hour on average. The crossing to Valle Gran Rey is slightly longer. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on weather conditions and vessel type.
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera start at €28. The price gets higher or lower according to discounts, offers, and vehicle or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tenerife to La Gomera?
There are 2-3 daily ferry crossings from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife to San Sebastián in La Gomera. The earliest ferry usually departs at 08:45 and arrives in La Gomera around 09:45. The latest scheduled trip is at 20:00, reaching La Gomera at 21:00.
From the port of Los Cristianos you also can catch a ferry to Valle Gran Rey on the west side of the island twice a week.
What’s the distance between Tenerife and La Gomera?
The distance between Tenerife and La Gomera is approximately 25 nautical miles (47 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife to La Gomera?
Yes, travel between Tenerife and La Gomera is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Gomera?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to La Gomera from Tenerife. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The Castle of the Sea in Gomera next to the untamed Vallehermoso Beach.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tenerife to La Gomera
- The port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife can be quite busy during peak season. Ferryhopper suggests that you get to the port 1h 30min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- The island of La Gomera is well connected with other volcanic islands of the Canary Archipelago like La Palma and El Hierro. Plan your unforgettable island hopping in the Canary Islands with Ferryhopper!
- The 3 ports of La Gomera are connected with each other by ferry! Don’t miss the chance to admire the beauty of the island by the sea.
- La Gomera is one of the smallest islands in the Canary complex, which makes it perfect for a quick trip!
- The port of Los Cristianos is close to some of the most popular resorts on the island. From Costa Adeje it is just a 10-minute drive to the port. You can also reach the port on foot.