Ferry Almería - Melilla
Tickets, Prices, Schedules & Times
Almería - Melilla ferries, schedules and times
There are multiple weekly ferry crossings between the ports of Almería and Melilla. The ferry companies that normally operate on this route are Baleària and Trasmediterránea.
Tip: please keep in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules on Ferryhopper and book your tickets easily and quickly.
Ferries from Almería to Melilla usually depart around midnight, while you can also find some weekly departures scheduled for 16:00.
On the other hand, Melilla - Almería ferries travel throughout the day, with the earliest ferry leaving at 08:00 and the last one at 17:00.
Ferry tickets, discounts and offers
Almería - Melilla ferry prices
Standard Almería - Melilla ferry prices range from €58 to €61. The final ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on available discounts and vehicle and seat selection.
Discounts & offers
You can find year-round discount tickets for various passenger categories, such as children, toddlers and large families when traveling between the ports of Almería and Melilla.
As for seasonal offers, you can browse and compare all available ferry deals on Ferryhopper in real time. Find the best Almería - Melilla ferry prices and plan your trip between Spain and North Africa without any hidden fees.
Book Almería - Melilla ferry ticket
On Ferryhopper, you can check out all available ferry routes, find the one that suits you best and book ferry tickets between Almería and Melilla online.
Useful FAQs about the ferry route
How long is the Almería - Melilla ferry ride?
The average duration of the ferry trip between Almería and Melilla is around 7-8 hr, depending on the company and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry between Almería and Melilla?
The Almería - Melilla ferry route is primarily operated by conventional ferries that make the crossing in 7-8 hr.
What's the distance between Almería and Melilla?
The distance between Almería and Melilla is approximately 95 nautical miles (176 km).
Where do ferries depart from?
Ferries to Melilla depart from the port city of Almería, located on the southeastern coast of Spain, in the region of Andalusia. It is situated right in the city center, below Parque Nicolás Salmerón.
Ferries to Almería, on the other hand, depart from the port of Melilla, located on the north coast of Africa. It is an autonomous Spanish city bordered by Morocco.
You can bring along your vehicle on the majority of the ferries traveling between Almería and Melilla.
The ferry companies operating on the Almería - Melilla route have different luggage allowance policies:
- On the ferries of Baleària, you can carry the maximum luggage that you can get on board by yourself, without help and in one go. Almería - Melilla ferries might also have open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- With Trasmediterránea, passengers can carry a maximum of 40 kg of luggage for cabins and 30 kg for seats, while ferries often have closed luggage storage rooms.
Cabins and seating
Most of the ferries that travel between Melilla and Almería have cabins, as well as numbered seats for a more comfortable trip.
On Almería - Melilla ferries, you can smoothly travel with your pet. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets.
Keep in mind that pet policies and services may vary depending on the operator you’ve chosen for your Almería - Melilla trip.
Useful tips for your ferry trip
Below, you can find some travel tips for your ferry trip between Almería and Melilla:
- We recommend you arrive at the port of Almería or Melilla at least 1.5 hr before your departure, as it can get busy, especially in the summer and on the weekends.
- For more information regarding trips to/from Spanish ports, check out the ferry schedules for Spain.
- Need more tips before your adventure between Spain and North Africa? Make sure to read our detailed guide about ferries between Spain and North Africa here.
- On our Map of ferries, you can find all available routes between Spain and North Africa. Visualize the adventure of your dreams and book your ferry trip step-by-step.
Famous for its year-round captivating beauty and top-tier amenities, the port of Almería is a popular Andalusian destination that connects Spain with North Africa.
The breathtaking coastal wonder that is Melilla is located on the northwest coast of Africa. It is a Spanish autonomous city close to the Sahara Desert and right next to Morocco. Discover more about the ferry port of Melilla here, including travel tips and recommendations.