Traveling from Almería to Melilla by ferry
There are around 10 weekly ferry crossings from Almería to Melilla with an average duration of 5h 30min. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets to the Spanish autonomous city of Melilla in North Africa.
Ferry schedules from Almería to Melilla*
Is there a ferry from Almería to Melilla?
Normally, the route from Almería to the port of Melilla is available year-long with 1-2 daily crossings. The route is usually operated by Baleària and Trasmediterránea. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Almería to Melilla?
The ferry crossing duration from Almería to Melilla is around 5h 30min. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions. Crossings may last from 4h 15min to 6h 30min.
How much is the ferry from Almería to Melilla?
Ferry tickets from Almería to Melilla start at €37. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Almería to Melilla?
There are around 10 weekly ferry routes from Almería to the port of Melilla. The earliest ferry usually departs from the port of Almería at 11:30 and reaches Melilla around 17:00. The last ferry leaves at 23:59, arriving in Melilla at 05:29.
What’s the distance between Almería and Melilla?
The distance between Almería and Melilla is approximately 95 nautical miles (176 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Almería to Melilla?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel from Almería to Melilla for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous city of Melilla is under perimetral confinement. For more information on COVID-19 ferry traveling, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Almería to Melilla?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to the port of Melilla. Find information about available ferry routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The beautiful Plaza de España in Melilla with tall palm trees.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Almería to Melilla
- Consider arriving at the port of Almería at least 1h 30min before departure, as the port gets busy during summer months.
- Normally, from the port of Almería you can also travel to Nador in Morocco, as well as Ghazaouet and Oran in Algeria. Plan your trip with Ferryhopper!
- You can reach the port of Almería driving or by taxi. If you want to use public transport, you can catch the bus to the port or travel to the Almería-Intermodal train station, which is a short walk from the port.
- The Moroccan city of Nador is just a 30-minute drive from Melilla. Situated across the border, Nador is surely worth a visit for its unique Moroccan flair and beautiful beaches.
- From the port of Melilla you can take a return ferry trip to Málaga and Motril in Andalusia. For more details about itineraries, have a look at the 2021 ferry schedules for Spain.