Traveling from Tarifa to Tangier by ferry
There are around 12 daily ferry crossings from Tarifa to Tangier with an average duration of 1h 15min. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets to Morocco.
Is there a ferry from Tarifa to Tangier?
Normally, the route from Tarifa to the port of Tangier Ville is available year-long with 12 daily crossings. The route is operated by FRS and Inter Shipping. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Tarifa to Tangier?
The ferry crossing duration from Tarifa to Tangier is around 1h 15min. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Tarifa to Tangier?
The starting price for a standard ferry ticket from Tarifa to Tangier City Port is €38. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tarifa to Tangier?
There are more than 70 weekly ferry routes from Tarifa to the port of Tangier in peak season. The earliest ferry usually departs from the port of Tarifa at 08:00 and reaches Tangier around 09:15. The last ferry leaves at 20:00, arriving in Tangier at 21:15. The Tarifa - Tangier route timetable may change depending on the season.
What’s the distance between Tarifa and Tangier?
The distance between Tarifa and the port city of Tangier is approximately 17 nautical miles (31 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tarifa to Tangier?
At the moment, it is not possible to travel from Tarifa to Tangier. All ferry routes from Spain to Morocco are currently suspended. For more information on COVID-19 ferry traveling, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tarifa to Tangier?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to the port of Tangier Ville. Find information about available ferry routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
View to the port of Tangier Ville from the old town.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tarifa to Tangier
- The port of Tangier Ville is located right in the city center of Tangier. If you’re not traveling with your own vehicle, you can reach your accommodation by the ‘petite’ and ‘grand’ taxis of Tangier.
- Have a look at the Ferryhopper blog to find out more about the 2021 ferry crossings from Spain to Morocco and the northern coast of Africa.
- Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port of Tarifa at least 1h 30min before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a vehicle.
- You can contact the ferry company FRS to ask about free shuttle service from the city to the port of Tarifa.
- The beaches of Tarifa are perfect for water sports! Before you board the ferry to Tangier, explore the magical beaches of the Spanish city.