Ferry from Tarifa to Tangier Ville
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Tarifa to Tangier Ferry Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tarifa to Tangier?
Yes, there are usually 12 daily crossings operating the Tarifa - Tangier ferry route all year round. The route is operated by FRS Iberia and Inter Shipping. Ferries from Tarifa reach the port of Tangier Ville in the center of the Moroccan city.
Am I allowed to travel from Tarifa to Tangier?
Yes, you can travel from Tarifa to the port of Tangier by ferry at the moment.
However, travel guidelines may change so check the latest updates on Covid-19.
What’s the ferry schedule from Tarifa to Tangier
There are usually up to 12 daily crossings operating the Tarifa - Tangier route.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 07:00, reaching the port of Tangier around 08:15. The latest ferry leaves from Tarifa at 23:00, arriving in Tangier around midnight.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry schedules may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Ticket Prices, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Tarifa to Tangier?
The Tarifa -Tangier ferry price starts at €38. The ticket cost depends on discounts, vehicle selection, and season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Tangier from Tarifa. Find the lowest ferry prices for this route and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Children up to 3 years can travel from Tarifa to Tangier for free. There are also special discounts for children between the ages of 4 and 12, students, large families and permanent residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Tarifa to Tangier?
The Tarifa - Tangier ferry trip takes about 1 hr 15 min. The duration of the trip depends on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tarifa to Tangier?
Yes, the ferry trip from Tarifa to Tangier is operated by hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes about 1 hr to reach the port of Tangier.
What’s the distance between Tarifa and Tangier?
The distance between Tarifa and Tangier is around 17 nautical miles (31km).
Ferry Tarifa - Tangier: useful tips for your trip
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Tarifa to Tangier:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Tarifa at least 90 min before departure as it can get busy, especially in the summer.
- If you decide to travel with FRS ferries, keep in mind that they offer a free bus service, connecting the ports of Algeciras and Tarifa.
- Algeciras is also a popular starting point for trips to the Moroccan coast. You can hop on a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier and explore the beauty of the Moroccan coastal city.
- Are you wondering if Tangier is worth visiting? Read our Tangier travel guide for travel tips and useful information about Moroccan city and you will get your answer.
- Ferries from Tangier to Tarifa depart all day long until late at night. Therefore, you can catch the ferry early in the morning and enjoy the ultimate Tarifa to Morocco day trip.
- If you’re not sure, whether Tangier Ville or Tanger Med is the right port for you, read our blog and find travel tips, info and ferry schedules for the ports of Tangier.
- Find more information and tips about ferries between Spain and Morocco in our blog.
Where to take the ferry from Tarifa to Tangier
You can reach Tangier from the port of Tarifa in southern Spain. The port of Tarifa is the closest port of Spain to Morocco. You can catch the ferry Tarifa - Tangier from the terminal that is very close to the port entrance.
Before taking the ferry to Tangier you can stroll around the shops and restaurants near the port area. Ferries to Tarifa reach the port of the city of Tangier (Tangier Ville) rather than Tanger Med, which is located 40 minutes away from Tangier.
Tip: the ferry Tarifa - Tangier runs the only direct ferry connection between Spain and the city of Tangier Ville.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tarifa to Tangier with a car?
Yes, it is possible to embark your vehicle on the ferries operating the Tarifa -Tangier connection.
On the Tarifa - Tangier ferry, you are allowed to have luggage. However, each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- FRS Iberia allows passengers to take their luggage on board at no extra cost.
- On Inter Shipping ferries, you can bring a piece of luggage weighing up to 30kg.
Since the Tarifa - Tangier crossing is relatively short, there are no cabins. However, the Tarifa to Tangier ferry also provides numbered seats for extra comfort.
On Tarifa -Tangier ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. Also, a carrier or cage is required for all pets on the ferry from Spain to Tangier.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tarifa to Tangier?
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Tangier online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can check all available ferry connections, compare companies and ticket prices, and book your ferry trip to Tangier at no extra cost.