Traveling from Málaga to Melilla by ferry
There are approximately 10 weekly ferry crossings from Málaga to Melilla with an average duration of 6h 30min. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Spanish exclave in North Africa.
Ferry schedules from Málaga to Melilla*
Is there a ferry from Málaga to Melilla?
Normally, the route from Málaga to Melilla is available year-long with more than 10 weekly crossings. The route is operated by Baleària and Trasmediterránea. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Málaga to Melilla?
The ferry crossing from the port of Málaga to Melilla lasts approximately 6h 30min. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel.
How much is the ferry from Málaga to Melilla?
The starting price for a ferry ticket from Málaga to Melilla is €40. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Málaga to Melilla?
Normally, there are around 10 weekly ferry routes from Málaga to the port city of Melilla. During peak season the route is serviced daily with 1-2 crossings. The earliest ferry usually leaves at 14:30 and reaches the port of Melilla at 21:00. The latest trip is at 23:59 and arrives in Melilla around 06:29.
What’s the distance between Málaga and Melilla?
The distance between Málaga and Melilla is approximately 112 nautical miles (207 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Málaga to Melilla?
At the moment, traveling from Málaga to Melilla is only allowed for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous region of Andalusia and the autonomous city of Melilla are under perimetral confinement. Visit our FaQ page for more information on COVID-19 ferry traveling.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Málaga to Melilla?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to Melilla. Find information about available ferry routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.Faro de Melilla la Vieja: Impressive old lighthouse in the old town with views to the Mediterranean.
Faro de Melilla la Vieja: Impressive old lighthouse in the old town with views to the Mediterranean.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Málaga to Melilla
- From the port of Málaga you can also travel to Tangier in Morocco. The ferry route to Tanger-Med lasts 6 hours and it is available once a week.
- Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port of Málaga at least 1h 15min in advance, as the port is quite busy particularly during the summer.
- Melilla is located very close to the city of Nador in Morocco across the border. Why don’t you make a day trip to explore the city’s arab architecture and majestic beaches!
- The autonomous Spanish city of Melilla in Africa is known for its multicultural influences, modernist architecture, historical buildings, and local cuisine.
- The neighboring Moroccan port of Nador serves ferry routes to Spain and France. Explore the Mediterranean Sea by arranging your return trip to Almería, Motril, Barcelona, or Sète.