Ferry Tenerife - La Palma
Tickets, Prices, Schedules
Is there a ferry from Tenerife to La Palma?
The ferry route from Tenerife to La Palma is served at least 2-3 times per day throughout the year. Specifically, there are at least 2 daily sailings from the port of Los Cristianos, operated by Fred. Olsen Express and Naviera Armas. Additionally, there is 1 weekly ferry from Trasmediterránea that travels between Santa Cruz de Tenerife and Santa Cruz de La Palma.
Please note that ferry schedules can change depending on the season. You can find real-time information, compare ferry ticket prices and book tickets for the ferry Tenerife - La Palma on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Tenerife to La Palma?
The duration of the ferry trip from Tenerife to La Palma ranges from 2.5 hrs to 7 hrs. The ferry time depends on the port of departure or whether you are traveling with a fast or standard ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Tenerife to La Palma?
Yes, there are high-speed vessels traveling this crossing. The fastest ferry to La Palma from Tenerife takes about 2.5 hrs.
How much is the ferry from Tenerife to La Palma?
The cost of the ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Palma range from €27 to €55. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What's the ferry schedule from Tenerife to La Palma?
There are at least 2 daily ferry crossings from Tenerife to the port of Santa Cruz de la Palma all year round, with ferry frequency usually increasing during the summer.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Tenerife at 08.30 and arrives in La Palma around 11.00. The latest ferry usually departs from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife at 19.00 and arrives at Santa Cruz de la Palma at 21.30.
Note: The Tenerife - La Palma ferry schedule can be changed due to the events of the volcanic eruption on the island, so be sure to follow us for the latest updates.
What's the distance between Tenerife and La Palma?
Tenerife is not far from La Palma. The distance between the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife and Santa Cruz de la Palma is approximately 68 nautical miles (125 km). The distance between Santa Cruz in Tenerife and the port of La Palma is about 116 nautical miles (215 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Tenerife and La Palma?
Yes, you can travel from Tenerife to La Palma as traveling between the Canary Islands is currently allowed.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Tenerife to La Palma?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from the ports of Tenerife to La Palma on Ferryhopper online in just 4 clicks. Check all the available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, schedules and prices, and book ferry tickets to the Canary Islands at no extra cost.
Hiking trail passing through the impressive Teneguía volcano in La Palma
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tenerife to La Palma
Here are some travel tips from your trip from Tenerife to La Palma:
- Both ports of Tenerife, Los Cristianos and Santa Cruz de Tenerife can get busy so we recommend arriving at least 1,5 hr before ferry departure.
- The port of Santa Cruz de la Palma is located less than 1 km from the city center where you can find cafes, shops, restaurants and local food markets.
- Don't forget that you can also book your tickets for the La Palma to Tenerife ferry route on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
- From La Palma, you can also travel by ferry to La Gomera. There are numerous weekly ferry crossings and the trip lasts around 2 hrs.
- Read our La Palma travel guide for useful information and tips about the island.
- Due to the recent volcanic eruption in La Palma, ferry companies such as Fred. Olsen Express have added more crossings to accommodate passengers, who might get their flights canceled or delayed. Traveling by ferry from and to La Palma is a much safer option at the moment.
Where to take the ferry from Tenerife to La Palma
You can take a ferry to Santa Cruz de la Palma from both ports of Tenerife: the port of Los Cristianos in the south of the island, or the port of Santa Cruz in the northwest.
Usually, the majority of high-speed ferries to La Palma depart from the port of Los Cristianos, while the standard ferries to La Palma depart from the port of Santa Cruz.
Can I travel on the ferry from Tenerife to La Palma with a car?
Yes, the boat from Tenerife to La Palma can transport vehicles. An average ferry price range for a car ticket is from €36 to €60, while for motorcycles from approximately €30 to €53. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily plan your Tenerife to La Palma ferry trip.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Trasmediterránea: The company allows up to 30kg per person or 40kg in the cabins.
Ferries traveling from the port of Los Cristianos in Tenerife to La Palma do not have cabins, as the trip duration is quite short. Most companies offer numbered seats.
The ferries in the crossing from Santa Cruz in Tenerife to La Palma offer bed cabins, as the trip duration is longer. The price of a bed cabin starts from about €110.