Ferry from Mallorca to Menorca
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Mallorca to Menorca?
Usually, there are daily ferries from Mallorca to Menorca throughout the year. The companies that normally operate on the Mallorca - Menorca ferry route are Baleària, Trasmediterránea and Corsica Ferries.
Keep in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules and buy your ferry ticket for the Mallorca - Menorca route on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Mallorca to Menorca?
Yes, traveling by ferry from Mallorca to Menorca is allowed. As you start planning your holidays, we suggest you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mallorca to Menorca
Usually, there is at least 1 daily ferry from Mallorca to Menorca, with increased frequency in the summer.
The earliest ferry leaves the port of Alcudia at around 03:30 and arrives in Ciutadella in Menorca just before 07:00. The latest ferry to Menorca usually leaves Mallorca around 21:00 reaching Menorca around 22:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Mallorca to Menorca?
The Mallorca - Menorca ferry price usually starts at €49-54. The final cost may vary depending on available discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Find the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Read updated information about our ferry crossings, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Toddlers can travel from Mallorca to Menorca for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Balearic Islands. Check all Menorca to Mallorca ferry schedules on our fare search engine and find the discount that best suits your needs.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Mallorca to Menorca?
The duration of the Mallorca - Menorca ferry ranges from 1.5 to 6 hr. Travel time depends on the ferry operator, destination port and type of vessel (high-speed or conventional).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mallorca to Menorca?
The Mallorca to Menorca ferry crossing is mainly operated by conventional ferries. The fastest ferry travels from the port of Alcudia to the port of Ciutadella in Menorca in just 1.5 hr, as the distance is relatively short.
What’s the distance between Mallorca and Menorca?
The distance between Mallorca and Menorca is approximately 43 nautical miles (80 km). The shortest distance is between the ports of Alcúdia and Ciutadella.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Menorca from Mallorca
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Mallorca to Menorca:
- We recommend arriving at the port of departure at least 1 hr before your departure to avoid delays and overcrowding, especially in the summer.
- Bringing your vehicle on the Mallorca - Menorca ferry is a great idea to explore the beautiful island at your own pace.
- Find more tips on how to get to Menorca from Mallorca and mainland Spain on Ferryhopper!
- We recommend booking your return ticket well in advance, as they might sell out fast, especially in the summer.
- Menorca (or Minorca) is known for its impressive natural landscapes, which makes it perfect for outdoor activities.
- Menorca is also a great destination for sustainable holidays. The island has been declared a Biosphere Reserve by UNESCO, offering eco-tourism facilities and experiences.
- For additional holiday suggestions, check our Menorca travel guide for more information and tips about the island.
Where to take the ferry from Mallorca to Menorca
How to get from Mallorca to Menorca, you ask? Mallorca has 2 ports: the port of the capital Palma de Mallorca and the port of Alcudia. Both ports of Mallorca have ferry crossings to Menorca.
The easiest and fastest trip is from the port of Alcudia to the port of Ciutadella in Menorca. Alternatively, the Palma to Menorca ferry travels to the port of Mahón in Menorca and the trip is about 6 hr at most.
The two ports of Mallorca are connected by regular trains and bus services, with the trip lasting approximately 1 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Mallorca to Menorca with a car?
Yes, you can bring along your vehicle on the Mallorca-Menorca ferry.
Each ferry operator serving this route has different luggage policies:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers to carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40kg for cabins and 30kg for onboard seating. Ferries often have closed spaces for luggage.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger, as long as you can handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges for storing your luggage.
- Corsica Ferries allows passengers to carry pieces of hand luggage for free. Any other luggage with maximum dimensions of 200x100x50cm is also allowed.
Most of the ferries from Mallorca to Menorca have cabins and numbered seats for a more comfortable trip.
When it comes to traveling to Menorca by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator and type of vessel, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend, such as special pet-friendly cabins and kennels.
For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you consult the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Mallorca to Menorca
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Mallorca to Menorca online on Ferryhopper. Find information about available crossings on our Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and prices, and plan your trip in just a few clicks.