Traveling from Mallorca to Menorca by ferry
These two neighboring Balearic Islands offer multiple options of ferry connection. There are over 15 ferry routes from both ports of Mallorca to the ports of Menorca. Ferryhopper gives you all the information about the ferry connections, the dates and the ferry ticket prices so you find the best solution to travel by ferry from one island to another.
Through which ports are Mallorca and Menorca connected by ferry?
- Alcudia - Ciutadella: The first one is from the port of Alcudia, in the north of Mallorca, to the port of Ciutadella, in the west of Menorca.
- Alcudia - Mahon: The second one is from the same port of Mallorca to the port of Mahon, in the south of Menorca.
- Palma de Mallorca - Mahon: The third option is from the port of Palma de Mallorca, the capital of Mallorca, to the port of Mahon of Menorca.
How frequent is the ferry connection between Mallorca and Menorca?
There are 18 ferry routes in total from the ports of Mallorca to Menorca.
- Alcudia - Ciutadella: It is the shortest and most frequent crossing with over 15 weekly sailings. The ferry companies that usually offer this ferry crossing is Balearia and Trasmediterranea.
- Alcudia - Mahon: There is 1 weekly crossing from the port of Alcudia in Mallorca to the port of Mahon in Menorca, which is provided by the ferry company Corsica Ferries.
- Palma de Mallorca - Mahon: There is also 1 weekly crossing for this ferry route, which is operated by Trasmediterranea.
How long is the ferry ride from Mallorca to Menorca?
The shortest ferry journey is from the port of Alcudia to the port of Ciutadella that last about 1hr 30 min. The ferry ride from Alcudia to Mahon lasts around 3 hr 15 min and from Palma de Mallorca to Mahon, the duration is 6 hrs.
What is the distance between Barcelona to Mallorca?
The shortest distance between the two islands is approximately 34 nautical miles (64 km) from the port of Alcudia to the port of Ciutadella. The longest distance is from Palma de Mallorca to Mahon, which is about 107 nautical miles (198 km).
Ferry tickets from Mallorca to Menorca: Cost
The price of the ferry ticket, for 2019, from Mallorca to Menorca ranges between 16.50 and 70 euros depending on the season and the duration of the route. All ferry companies provide ferries that have bed cabins and garages to transport your vehicle.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Mallorca to Menorca?
The ferry connection between Mallorca and Menorca is quite busy during the summer months. Be sure to book your ferry tickets in advance to avoid unavailability. With Ferryhopper, booking ferry tickets is an easy task. On our pages you can find all the itineraries and also you can compare prices to pick the best option for you!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mallorca to Menorca:
- The port of Mallorca can be really crowded in the summer. We suggest that you get to the port at least 90 min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- In Mallorca, there is a bus service that connects the port with the center of Palma de Mallorca. From there you can also take a train or bus to the port of Alcudia in Mallorca. The distance between the two ports of Mallorca is approximately 55 km and the trip takes approximately 1 hour.
- In Menorca, there is a bus service that frequently connects the two ports of Mahón and Ciutadella. The bus trip between the two ports of Menorca is approximately 1 hour and costs less than 10 euros.
- If you want to combine relaxing holidays with a more entertaining environment, like the island of Ibiza, you should definitely organize an island hopping around the Balearic Islands. The Ferryhopper map of ferries can help you choose and plan your ferry trips!
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer services!