Traveling from Denia to Formentera by ferry
There are approximately 12 weekly ferry crossings from Denia to Formentera, normally serviced by the ferry company Baleària. Check our summary with the latest data for ferries.
Is there a ferry from Debia to Formentera?
The Denia - Formentera ferry route is available daily during the summer. The route is operated by Baleària and it is available throughout the year. You can compare data and check real-time info on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Denia to Formentera?
The ferry crossing from Denia to the port of Formentera lasts 2 hours. This is one of the fastest routes from mainland Spain to the Balearic Islands.
How much is the ferry from Denia to Formentera?
The ferry ticket to Formentera is around €50. The price gets higher or lower according to reductions, offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Denia to Formentera?
In the summer, there are 12 weekly ferry routes from Denia to the island of Formentera, available daily. The earliest ferry usually departs at 07:30 and the latest ferry leaves at 18:00. Off-season, the itinerary is available 5 days per week.
What’s the distance between Denia and Formentera?
The distance between Denia and Formentera is approximately 61 nautical miles (112 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Denia to Formentera?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel to Formentera from the port of Denia for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous community of Valencia is under perimetral confinement. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Denia to Formentera?
On Ferryhopper you can easily book ferry tickets to Formentera and the Balearic Islands. Find information about available itineraries from Denia on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
Traditional fishermen sheds at Caló de Sant Agustí in Formentera.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Denia to Formentera
- You can also travel to Formentera indirectly through Ibiza. From the port of Denia you can travel to Ibiza 2-3 times per day and the Ibiza - Formentera route is serviced with 40 daily crossings on average.
- Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port of Denia at least 1h 30min before departure. The port is quite busy in the summer, as it’s popular with travelers heading to the Balearics.
- From Formentera, you can start your island hopping in the Balearic Sea. Have a look at the latest 2021 ferry schedules for Spain and plan your trip.
- The small island of Formentera has a good transport network and you can choose to explore it by bicycle, scooter, public bus, or taxi.
- There is no airport in Formentera. The closest airport is in Ibiza. The Ibiza - Formentera ferry route is 45min on average.
- Formentera is perfect for family vacation. Traveling to Formentera with kids is a worthy experience, as you can find comfortable accommodation, quiet beaches and many cultural activities.