Ferry Ibiza - Formentera
Tickets, Times, Prices & Schedules
Ibiza - Formentera Ferry schedules
How to get to Formentera from Ibiza by ferry?
The Ibiza - Formentera ferry runs several times per day throughout the year. The companies that usually operate on this route are Baleària, Mediterránea Pitiusa, Naviera Aquabus, and Trasmapi.
On Ferryhopper, you can check real-time schedules and book your ferry tickets online for the Ibiza - Formentera ferry crossing.
Am I allowed to travel from Ibiza to Formentera?
Yes, traveling to the Balearic Islands in Spain is allowed. As you start planning your holidays, we suggest you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain, including all the documents for the Ibiza to Formentera ferry.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ibiza to Formentera
There are more than 35 daily ferry crossings from the port of Ibiza to the port of La Savina in Formentera.
During the summer, there is usually increased frequency, with more than 40 daily sailings from Ibiza to Formentera.
The earliest Ibiza - Formentera boat normally departs from Ibiza at 07:00 in the morning and arrives in Formentera at around 07:30. The latest ferry departure is usually after midnight, reaching the port of Formentera at 02:10.
Ferry Ticket Prices, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
The Ibiza to Formentera ferry price ranges from €15 to €27. The final ticket cost may vary depending on available discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can discover the best available offers for the crossing you’re interested in. Find updated information about our ferry routes, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Ibiza to Formentera for free. There are also discount tickets for children and senior travelers (over the age of 60).
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Ibiza to Formentera?
The Ibiza to Formentera ferry time ranges from 25 min to 1 hr. The trip duration depends on the type of vessel you’ve chosen (high-speed or conventional).
However, keep in mind that ferry times from Ibiza to Formentera depend on the season and type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
Yes, there are many high-speed ferries to Formentera. The fastest Ibiza - Formentera ferry takes about 25 min to reach the port.
What’s the distance between Ibiza and Formentera?
The distance between Ibiza and Formentera is just 10 nautical miles (19km).
Ferry Ibiza - Formentera: useful tips for your trip
Here are some travel tips for your Ibiza - Formentera ferry trip:
- The ferry from Ibiza Town to Formentera can get crowded and the port of Ibiza is bustling during the summer. Therefore, make sure to arrive well in advance to avoid crowds and have a comfortable trip.
- The Ibiza to Formentera day trip is a great idea if you are on holiday in Ibiza, as there are many daily crossings and the distance is relatively short.
- Wondering if Formentera is worth visiting? Have a look at our complete Formentera travel guide and find the best things to do during your vacation.
- Catching the ferry to Formentera from Ibiza is your go-to option, as the island doesn't have an airport. The ferry from Ibiza arrives at the port of La Savina in Formentera.
- In high season, make sure that you book your ferry tickets in advance since the Ibiza to Formentera ferry price gets higher during the summer months.
Where do you catch the ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
You can take a boat to Formentera from Ibiza and its main port on a daily basis. Ferries depart from the port of Ibiza Town to the port of La Savina in Formentera.
The port of Ibiza is located close to the island’s Old Town and it's a 10-minute drive from the airport.
Can I travel on the Ibiza to Formentera ferry with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the ferry from Ibiza to Formentera. Keep in mind, however, that the circulation of vehicles on the island is limited to reduce pollution and traffic.
Restrictions apply from the end of June until the beginning of September. During those months, you need to apply for a permit in order to transport, drive and park your vehicle on the island. For more information, visit the Formentera Eco website.
The ferry companies serving this route have different luggage policies:
- Trasmapi ferries allow passengers to carry up to 20kg of luggage.
- With Mediterránea Pitiusa, each passenger can carry a maximum of 20kg of luggage and a small piece of hand luggage.
- On the ferries of Balearia, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger, as long as you can handle it on your own.
- Naviera Aquabus allows 1 piece of luggage per passenger.
Some of the larger ferries traveling from Ibiza to Formentera offer cabins for a more comfortable and relaxing trip.
When it comes to traveling to Formentera by ferry, you can bring along your pet. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you contact the ferry operator you’re traveling with.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Ibiza to Formentera
On Ferryhopper, you can book your tickets for the Formentera ferry with just a few clicks! Find real-time information on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and prices, and book ferry tickets to the Balearic Islands at no extra cost.