Ferry Ibiza - Formentera
Tickets, Times, Prices & Schedules
Ibiza - Formentera ferry schedules
How to get to Formentera from Ibiza by ferry?
The Ibiza - Formentera ferry route runs several times per day throughout the year. Ferries serving this route travel from the port of Ibiza Town to the port of La Savina in Formentera.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. On Ferryhopper, you can check real-time schedules and book your ferry tickets online for the Ibiza-to-Formentera ferry crossing.
Ibiza - Formentera ferry timetable
There are more than 35 daily ferry crossings from the port of Ibiza to the port of La Savina in Formentera.
During summer, there is usually increased frequency, with over 60 daily sailings from Ibiza to Formentera.
The first Ibiza - Formentera boat normally departs from Ibiza at 07:00 in the morning and arrives in Formentera at around 07:30-08:00. The last ferry is usually at 23:30, reaching the port of Formentera around midnight.
Ferries Ibiza - Formentera: Prices, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
The Ibiza - Formentera ferry price usually ranges from around €18 to €29 for standard tickets. The final ticket cost may vary depending on available discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can discover the best available offers for the Ibiza - Formentera crossing. Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Find updated information about all ferry routes, compare prices and offers, plan your vacation in Formentera with ferry tickets at the best prices, without any hidden fees!
Infants and toddlers (up to 3 years) can usually travel from Ibiza to Formentera for free. There are also discount tickets for:
- Youth card owners
- Senior travelers (over the age of 60)
- Large groups
- Large families
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Ibiza to Formentera?
The Ibiza - Formentera ferry time ranges from 25 min to 1 hr. The trip duration mainly depends on the type of vessel you’ve chosen (high-speed or conventional).
However, keep in mind that the trip duration from Ibiza to Formentera also depends on the season.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
Yes, there are many high-speed ferries to Formentera by all ferry companies. The fastest Ibiza - Formentera ferry takes about 25 min to reach the port.
What’s the distance between Ibiza and Formentera?
The distance between Ibiza and Formentera is just 10 nautical miles (19 km).
Which ferry companies operate between Ibiza and Formentera?
The companies that usually operate on the Ibiza - Formentera ferry route are:
- Aquabus: the company operates on the route with small conventional ferries, high-speed vessels, as well as tour boats.
- Baleària: the company operates on the Ibiza - Formentera crossings with conventional ferries and high-speed vessels.
- Mediterranea Pitiusa: the company operates on the route with 4 speedboats.
- Trasmapi: the Trasmapi ferry connection is served by 6 high-speed vessels.
Compare all ferry operators and find out which company to choose for your Ibiza - Formentera ferry trip.
Ferry Ibiza - Formentera: useful tips for your trip
Here are some travel tips for your Ibiza - Formentera ferry trip:
- The ferry from Ibiza Town to Formentera can get crowded and the port of Ibiza is bustling during the summer. Therefore, make sure to arrive well in advance to avoid crowds and have a comfortable trip.
- Catching the ferry to Formentera from Ibiza is your go-to option, as the island of Formentera doesn't have an airport.
- In high season, make sure that you book your ferry tickets in advance, as Ibiza - Formentera ferries are very popular during the summer months.
- Check out the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain, including all the documents required for your ferry trip.
Where do you catch the ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
You can take a boat to Formentera from Ibiza on a daily basis. Ferries depart from the main port of Ibiza to the port of La Savina in Formentera.
The port of Ibiza is located close to the island’s Old Town and it's a 10-minute drive from the airport.
Which is the best ferry from Ibiza to Formentera?
As the ferry trip from Ibiza to Formentera is very short and the ferries of all 4 companies can reach Formentera from Ibiza in 1 hour max, it is up to you which company you will choose, depending on each company’s:
- Tickets prices
- Pet policy
- Luggage policy
- Available discounts and offers
Can you do a day trip from Ibiza to Formentera?
Yes you can! Since the distance between the two islands is very short and Ibiza - Formentera ferries run many times daily, the day trip to Formentera from Ibiza is a great idea if you are on a holiday there.
Can I travel on the Ibiza to Formentera ferry with a car?
Yes, you can bring your vehicle on the ferry from Ibiza to Formentera. Vehicle transportation is possible on some Baleària and Trasmapi vessels. Keep in mind, however, that the circulation of vehicles on the island is limited to reduce pollution and traffic.
Restrictions apply from the end of June until the beginning of September. During those months, you need to apply for a permit in order to transfer, drive and park your vehicle on the island. For more information, visit the Formentera Eco website.
Tip: Ferryhopper recommends exploring the island of Formentera by bicycle.
The ferry companies serving this route have different luggage policies:
- Aquabus allows 1 piece of luggage per passenger.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no specific limitations on the amount of luggage per passenger.
- With Mediterranea Pitiusa, each passenger can carry a maximum of 20 kg of luggage and 1 small piece of hand luggage.
- Trasmapi ferries allow passengers to carry up to 20 kg of luggage.
Ferries traveling from Ibiza to Formentera normally don’t offer cabins, as the ferry trip is too short to book one.
All ferry companies serving the Ibiza to Formentera boat trip let you travel with your pet for free. Some of them have special kennels for your dog and you can even bring your cat or reptile with you in a cage.
- Aquabus: this ferry company allows pet transportation without any specific conditions.
- Baleària: there are special facilities with kennels where you can keep your dog, or, if its size allows it, your pet can stay inside a cage you have brought yourself. However, pets are not allowed to walk in the lounge or on the deck of the ferry.
- Mediterranea Pitiusa: on some vessels, small pets are allowed inside, provided that they stay in their cage. However, you can walk with your dog on the exterior deck as long as it’s kept on a leash and wears a muzzle. Guide dogs are allowed everywhere on the ferry.
- Trasmapi: you can travel with your pet as long as it stays in its cage. There are no available pet cages on the ferries. Keep in mind that large-sized pets can only travel on the deck. In case weather conditions are bad, pets might not be allowed on the ship at all.
For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we recommend contacting the ferry operator you’re traveling with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Ibiza to Formentera
On Ferryhopper, you can book tickets for Formentera ferry routes easily and quickly! Find real-time information on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and prices, and book ferry tickets to the Balearic Islands at the same prices as ferry companies!