Ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza?
Yes, there are usually about 8 weekly ferry crossings from Barcelona to Ibiza. The ferry companies that operate on this route are Baleària, Trasmediterránea and GNV.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and buy your ferry ticket for the Barcelona - Ibiza crossing on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Barcelona to Ibiza?
Yes, traveling from Barcelona to Ibiza by ferry is allowed. As you start planning your trip, we suggest that you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain.
What’s the ferry schedule from Barcelona to Ibiza?
Normally, there are several weekly crossings from the port of Barcelona to Ibiza, with increased frequency in the summer.
The earliest ferry departs from Barcelona at around 21:30 and reaches the port of Ibiza at 06:00 in the morning.
The latest ferry to Ibiza from Barcelona normally leaves at 23:00 and arrives at 06:00 in the morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza?
Ferry prices from Barcelona to Ibiza start at around €42. The final cost may vary depending on available discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for the ferry route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Find updated information about our ferry crossings, compare prices and offers, and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Barcelona to Ibiza for free, while there are also discount tickets for children.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Ibiza?
The duration of the ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza ranges from 6 to 8 hr. Travel time depends on the destination port and type of vessel you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza?
The Barcelona - Ibiza route is mainly operated by standard ferries that have bed cabins and garages for the transport of vehicles. The fastest ferry to Ibiza reaches the island in less than 8 hr.
What’s the distance between Barcelona and Ibiza?
The distance between Barcelona and Ibiza is approximately 149 nautical miles (276km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ibiza from Barcelona
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Barcelona to Ibiza:
- If you travel with a vehicle, we recommend arriving at the port of Barcelona at least 1.5 hr before your departure, as the port can get quite busy.
- To reach the island like a pro, read our guide on how to get to Ibiza.
- The port of Ibiza is only a 10-min drive from the beautiful historical center of the town. Nearby, you can find plenty of shops, bars, and restaurants.
- From the port of Ibiza, you can easily plan a day trip to the beautiful island of Formentera. The Ibiza - Formentera ferry ride lasts only 30 min and there are several departures throughout the day.
- In Ibiza, we suggest you get around either by car or public transport. Taxis are the most expensive means of transport on the island.
- Read our Ibiza travel guide for more vacation tips and useful information about the island.
Where to take the ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza
There are regular ferry crossings from the port of Barcelona to Ibiza. The port of Barcelona is located less than 3km from the city center. You can easily get there on foot, as well as by public transport (underground or bus), car and taxi.
Can I travel on the Barcelona to Ibiza ferry with a car?
Yes, ferries traveling from Barcelona to Ibiza have garages that allow the transport of vehicles.
Each ferry company serving this route has different luggage policies:
- With Trasmediterránea, passengers can carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40kg for cabins and 30kg for onboard seating. There are usually closed spaces for luggage on the ferries.
- With Balearia, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage, as long as you can carry and handle it on your own. There are open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- On the ferries of GNV, passengers can carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage.
Most ferries traveling from Barcelona to Ibiza have cabins and numbered seats. The duration of the trip from mainland Spain to Ibiza can be long, so we recommend booking a cabin for a more comfortable journey.
When it comes to traveling to Ibiza by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the company, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we recommend getting in touch with the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Barcelona to Ibiza
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Barcelona to Ibiza and the Balearic Islands on Ferryhopper with just a few clicks. Find all the available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and book ferry tickets to Ibiza at no extra cost.