Traveling from Barcelona to Ibiza by ferry
There are daily ferry crossings from Barcelona to Ibiza with an average duration of 9 hours. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Balearic Islands.
Ferry schedules from Barcelona to Ibiza*
Is there a ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza?
Normally, the route from Barcelona to Ibiza is available daily with approximately 10 weekly crossings. The route is in operation throughout the year, serviced by Baleària and Trasmediterránea. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Ibiza?
The ferry crossing from the port of Barcelona to the port of Ibiza Town lasts 9 hours on average. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Barcelona to Ibiza?
The price for a simple ferry ticket from Barcelona to Ibiza is €45. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Barcelona to Ibiza?
Normally, there are more than 10 weekly ferry routes from Barcelona to the island of Ibiza during the summer. The first ferry leaves at 09:00 and the latest scheduled trip is at 23:58.
What’s the distance between Barcelona and Ibiza?
The distance between Barcelona and Ibiza is approximately 149 nautical miles (276 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Barcelona to Ibiza?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel to Ibiza from the port of Barcelona for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous community of Catalonia is under perimetral confinement. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Barcelona to Ibiza?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to Ibiza and the Balearic Islands. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and fares, and plan your trip.
Sailing boats off the coast of Ibiza.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Barcelona to Ibiza
- If you’re traveling with a vehicle, it would be a good idea to arrive at the port of Barcelona at least 1h 30min before departure, as Barcelona Port is one of the busiest in Europe.
- The island of Ibiza (or Eivissa) is part of the Balearic complex. From Ibiza you can hop on to Mallorca or Formentera to experience island hopping in the Spanish sea. Have a look at the latest 2021 ferry schedules for Spain.
- If you’re into chill-out music, beautiful sunsets and delicious cocktails, Ferryhopper suggests that you visit the famous Café del Mar of Ibiza in San Antonio.
- Ibiza is one of the most sough-after destinations in the Mediterranean sea. This means getting around the island can be quite expensive. If you don’t own a vehicle, we recommend that you rent one or get acquainted with the local bus lines.
- Barcelona is a cosmopolitan city with numerous attractions. You can spend a couple of days exploring the city’s culture, nature, and gastronomy before traveling to Ibiza.