Traveling from Motril to Al Hoceima by ferry
There are 2-4 weekly ferry crossings from Motril to Al Hoceima with an average duration of 5 hours. Find all information regarding schedules and ticket prices. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets to the the northern coast of Morocco.
Ferry schedules from Motril to Al Hoceima*
Is there a ferry from Motril to Al Hoceima?
Normally, the route from Motril to the port of Al Hoceima is available with 2-4 crossings per week. The route is operated by Naviera Armas. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Motril to Al Hoceima?
The ferry crossing duration from Motril to Al Hoceima is around 5 hours. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Motril to Al Hoceima?
Ferry tickets from Motril to Al Hoceima start at €40. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Motril to Al Hoceima?
There are 2-4 weekly routes from Motril to the port of Al Hoceima. Usually, the service is available at least 2 days per week. The earliest ferry from Motril leaves at 10:00 and reaches Al Hoceima at 17:00, while the last ferry usually departs at 16:00 and arrives in Al Hoceima at 21:00.
The Naviera Armas route is seasonal and departure times may change depending on the season.
What’s the distance between Motril and Al Hoceima?
The distance between Motril and Al Hoceima is approximately 91 nautical miles (168 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Motril to Al Hoceima?
At the moment, it is not possible to travel from Motril to Al Hoceima. Ferry routes from mainland Spain to Morocco are currently suspended. For more information on COVID-19 ferry traveling, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Motril to Al Hoceima?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to the port of Al Hoceima from Motril. Find information about available ferry routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The port and city of Al Hoceima at sunset with the Rif mountains in the background.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Motril to Al Hoceima
- The port of Motril is less than 1 hour from Granada. Due to its proximity to the city of Granada the port is also known as Port of Motril-Granada.
- Motril is a popular starting point for trips to the Moroccan coast. It can get quite busy during high season, so make sure you arrive 1h 30min in advance, particularly if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- The port is 4km from the town of Motril. You can get there by car, taxi or one of the local buses.
- Al Hoceima is a great destination for outdoor exploration and relaxation. If you’re a fan of hiking and sunbathing, you’re in for a treat!
- The city of Al Hoceima is located at the foot of the Rif mountains. The mountainous region of Morocco is home to many species of fauna such macaques and honey bees!