Traveling from Barcelona to Mallorca by ferry
Barcelona is the capital of Catalonia and its port is one of the most important of the Iberic peninsula. Apart from the rest of mainland Spain, it is well connected with Italy, North Africa and the Balearic Islands. From the port of Barcelona, there are at least 25 weekly sailings to the ports of Mallorca, the biggest island of the Balearic complex. On Ferryhopper, you can find all the information about the schedules and the ferry ticket prices for the ferry trip from Barcelona to Mallorca!
Which of the ports of Mallorca are connected with Barcelona?
- La Palma de Mallorca: The main port of Mallorca that is located to the west of the island
- Alcudia: The port of Alcudia is in the north part of Mallorca.
How frequent is the ferry connection between Barcelona to Mallorca?
The ferry connection between Barcelona and Mallorca is very regular with over 25 weekly crossings. More specifically:
- La Palma de Mallorca: There are 13 weekly sailings to La Palma de Mallorca, that are usually operated by the ferry companies Balearia and Trasmediterranea.
- Alcudia: The ferry company Balearia provides 15 weekly crossings from the port of Barcelona to the port of Alcudia in Mallorca.
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Mallorca?
The duration of the ferry trip from the port of Barcelona to La Palma de Mallorca is almost 9 hrs, while to the port of Alcudia is a little less than 6 hrs.
What is the distance between Barcelona to Mallorca?
The distance between Barcelona and the port of Palma de Mallorca is approximately 128 nautical miles (237 km). One the other hand, the port of Alcudia is 104 nautical miles (192 km) from the port of Barcelona.
Ferry tickets from Barcelona to Mallorca: Cost
The price of the ferry ticket starts from 55 euros for single foot passengers, for both of the ports of Mallorca. The ferry companies also offer the option to book a bed cabin or to transport your vehicle in the ferry garage.
Tip: Keep in mind that the ferry route from Barcelona to Mallorca is one of the busiest and the ferry tickets may run out if you delay your booking. Check now the Ferryhopper search engine and plan your ferry trip in time!
How can I book my ferry tickets from Barcelona to Mallorca?
On Ferryhopper you can find all the information about the ferry routes from the port of Barcelona to each of the ports of Mallorca. Check the available itineraries and book your ferry tickets to the beautiful island of Mallorca!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Barcelona to Mallorca:
- The port of Barcelona can be quite busy during the summer. For that reason, it is recommended to get to the port 90 min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- At the port of Barcelona, the T-3 port bus can easily transfer you to the ferry you are traveling with.
- In Mallorca, there is a bus service that connects the port with the center of Palma de Mallorca. If you do not have a vehicle, we advise you to rent one to enjoy more of this Mediterranean beauty.
- The island of Mallorca is well connected by ferry with its neighboring islands of Menorca and Ibiza, so it is very easy to organize a ferry trip and explore more Balearic Islands. Check the map of ferries, to see all the available ferry routes.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer support!