Ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca?
Please note that ferry timetables may vary depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules to both ports of Mallorca on our Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets with ease!
Am I allowed to travel from Barcelona to Mallorca?
Yes, traveling from Barcelona to Mallorca by ferry is possible. As you start planning your trip, we suggest that you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain.
What’s the ferry schedule from Barcelona to Mallorca
Usually, the Barcelona to Mallorca crossing is available 20 times per week, with increased frequency in the summer.
The earliest crossing is normally scheduled for 13:00, arriving at the port of Palma de Mallorca around 20:30-21:00. The latest Barcelona to Palma ferry leaves at around 23:00 and reaches the island around 06:00 in the morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca?
The Barcelona - Mallorca ferry prices are about €29-71. The final cost is subject to change, depending on available discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Find the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Read updated information about our ferry crossings, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Barcelona to Mallorca for free, while there are also discount tickets for children.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Mallorca?
The duration of the ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca ranges from 5 to 8 hr. Travel time depends on the destination port and type of vessel you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca?
The Barcelona - Mallorca connections are mainly operated by standard ferries that have cabins and allow the transport of vehicles. The fastest ferry takes about 5 hr to reach the port of Alcúdia in Mallorca.
What’s the distance between Barcelona and Mallorca?
The distance between Barcelona and Mallorca is around 112 nautical miles (207 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Mallorca from Barcelona
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Barcelona to Mallorca (or Majorca):
- Make sure that you arrive at the port of Barcelona well in advance, as it can get quite busy, especially in the summer.
- Transferring your vehicle by ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca is a great idea to explore every corner of the island at your own pace.
- The Barcelona - Mallorca ferry usually travels to both ports of Mallorca: Palma and Alcúdia. The distance between the 2 ports is about 58km, which is about 1 hr by bus or 45 min by car.
- You can find more tips on how to get to Mallorca from Barcelona on our detailed guide and travel to the Balearics hassle-free!
- Visiting Mallorca from May to September is highly recommended, thanks to its Mediterranean climate.
- Find out more information and vacation tips about the island on our Mallorca travel guide.
Where to take the ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca
There are regular ferries departing from the port of Barcelona to Mallorca. The port of Barcelona is located 9km from the city center and it's easily accessible by public transport (underground or bus), car and taxi.
To get to the port of Barcelona from the closest airport, you need about 25 min by car or 1 hr by public transport.
Can I travel on the ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca with a car?
Yes, bringing along your vehicle on the ferry from Barcelona to Mallorca is possible.
Each ferry operator serving this route has different luggage policies:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers to carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40kg for cabins and 30kg for onboard seating. There are usually closed spaces for luggage on the ferries.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage, as long as you can carry and handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- With GNV, passengers can carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage.
Most of the ferries from Barcelona to Mallorca have different types of cabins. There are also numbered seats included in the ticket price.
When it comes to traveling to Mallorca by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator and type of vessel, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you contact the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Barcelona to Mallorca?
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Mallorca and the Balearic Islands online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can find all available ferry crossings, compare companies, itineraries and prices, and book your ferry to Mallorca with just a few clicks.