Ferry from Motril to Melilla
Tickets & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Motril to Melilla?
Normally, the route from Motril to the port of Melilla is available year-long with 6 weekly crossings. The route is operated by FRS. You can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Motril to Melilla?
The ferry crossing duration from Motril to Melilla is around 5h 45min. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How much is the ferry from Motril to Melilla?
Ferry tickets from Motril to Melilla start at €35. If you want to book a cabin or travel with your vehicle, the fare will be higher.
What’s the ferry schedule from Motril to Melilla?
There are around 6 routes per week from Motril to the port of Melilla, serviced by FRS Iberia.
What’s the distance between Motril and Melilla?
The distance between Motril and Melilla is approximately 93 nautical miles (172 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Motril to Melilla?
At the moment, it is not possible to travel from Motril to Melilla. The autonomous city of Melilla and the community of Andalusia are under perimetral confinement. For more information on COVID-19 ferry traveling, visit our FaQ page.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Motril to Melilla?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to the port of Melilla from Motril. Find information about available ferry routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
The Ensenada de los Galápagos beach in Melilla by the old town fortifications.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Motril to Melilla
- From the port of Melilla you can take a return ferry trip to other cities in Andalusia such as Málaga and Motril. For more details about itineraries, have a look at the 2022 ferry schedules for Spain.
- The city of Nador in Morocco is just a 30-minute drive from Melilla. Situated across the border, Nador is surely worth a visit for its magical beaches.
- Many travelers choose Motril to travel to the Moroccan coast. It can get quite busy during high season, so make sure you get to the port 1h 30min before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- The port of Motril is 4km from the town. If you don’t own a vehicle, check the bus lines that connect the port with the town.
- The port of Motril is also known as Port of Motril-Granada, as it also serves the city of Granada. From Granada you can reach the port in under 1 hour.