Ferry from Algeciras to Tangier
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Algeciras - Tangier Ferry Schedules
Is there a ferry from Algeciras to Tangier?
Yes, there are usually 5 daily crossings operating the Algeciras -Tangier ferry route all year round. The route is operated by FRS Iberia, Trasmediterránea, Baleària and Africa Morocco Link.
Am I allowed to travel from Algeciras to Tangier?
Yes, you can travel from Algeciras to the port of Tangier by ferry at the moment.
However, travel guidelines may change so check the latest updates on Covid-19.
What’s the ferry schedule from Algeciras to Tangier
There are usually about 5 daily crossings operating the Algeciras -Tangier route all year round. The Algeciras to Tangier ferry runs more than 30 daily ferry connections during the summer months of July and August.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 05:30 and arrives in Tangier around 06:00. The latest crossing is at 23:45, reaching Tangier around midnight.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry schedules may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Algeciras to Tangier?
The Algeciras -Tangier ferry price starts at €36. The ticket cost depends on discounts, seat or cabin type and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Tangier from Algeciras. Find the lowest ferry prices for the Algeciras to Tangier ferry and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Children up to 3 years old can travel from Algeciras to Tangier for free. There are also special discounts for children between the ages of 4 and 12, students, large families and permanent residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Algeciras to Tangier?
The ferry trip from Algeciras to Tangier takes between 30 min and 4 hr. The duration of the trip depends on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Algeciras to Tangier?
Yes, the Algeciras - Tangier ferry trip is operated by hydrofoils. The fastest ferry takes about 30 min to reach the port of Tangier.
What’s the distance between Algeciras and Tangier?
The distance between Algeciras and Tangier is around 16 nautical miles (30km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Algeciras - Tangier: useful tips for your trip
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Algeciras to Tangier:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Algeciras at least 90 min prior to departure as it can get busy, especially in the summer.
- Tarifa is also a popular starting point for trips to the Moroccan coast. You can hop on a ferry from Tarifa to Tangier and explore the beauty of the Moroccan coastal city.
- Read our Tangier travel guide for more tips and useful information about the Moroccan city.
- Find useful information on the ferries between Spain and Morocco, take a look at the ferry schedules and take the ferry from Gibraltar to Tangier or from Algeciras to Tangier.
- Read our guide for the ports of Tangier and find out which suits you best. You can choose between taking the ferry from Algeciras to Tanger Med or from Tarifa to Tangier Ville (near the city center).
Where to take the ferry from Algeciras to Tangier
Ferries to Tangier depart from the port of Algeciras. The port of Algeciras is located in the province of Cádiz, close to Gibraltar.
The port of Algeciras is situated in the city center and it's easily accessible on foot or by public transport. It's also just a 30-minute drive from the airport of Gibraltar.
Tip: if you decide to travel with FRS ferries, keep in mind that they offer a free bus service, connecting the ports of Algeciras and Tarifa.
Can I travel on the ferry from Algeciras to Tangier with a car?
Yes, on the ferries operating the Algeciras -Tangier connection, it is possible to embark your vehicle.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers to carry single luggage up to 40kg for cabins and up to 30kg for a ticket with numbered seats.
- In Baleària ferries, there is no weight limit for your personal luggage.
- FRS allows passengers to take their luggage on board free of charge.
- Africa Morocco Link allows passengers to bring single luggage weighing up to 30kg.
Some of the ferries traveling from Algeciras to Tangier have cabins. You can also book a numbered seat for extra comfort.
On Algeciras -Tangier ferries, you can bring your pet on board. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. On the ferry from Spain to Tangier, larger pets should wear a muzzle and be on a leash.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Algeciras to Tangier?
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Tangier from Algeciras online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can check all available ferry connections, compare companies and ticket prices, and book your ferry trip to Tangier at no extra cost.