Ferry Algeciras - Ceuta
Tickets, Prices, Schedules & Times
Algeciras - Ceuta ferries, schedules and times
The ferry route between Algeciras and Ceuta is operated by Baleària, Trasmediterránea and FRS Iberia DFDS, with many daily crossings all year long.
Tip: please note that ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time information about the Algeciras - Ceuta route on our Map of ferries and book ferry tickets online.
The earliest ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta usually departs at 07:00, while the last scheduled departure is at 23:30.
Similarly, from Ceuta to Algeciras, the earliest ferry leaves at around 06:30 in the morning, while the last crossing is at 22:30.
Ferry tickets, discounts and offers
Algeciras - Ceuta ferry prices
The Algeciras - Ceuta ferry cost ranges from €33 to €45. Keep in mind that the Algeciras - Ceuta ferry prices can be higher or lower based on discounts, seat type or vehicle selection.
Discounts & offers
You can find year-round reduced fares for children, toddlers, large families and permanent residents when traveling between Algeciras and Ceuta.
As for seasonal offers, you can browse and compare all available ferry deals on Ferryhopper. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the best Algeciras - Ceuta prices and plan your ferry trip hassle-free.
Book Algeciras - Ceuta ferry ticket
On Ferryhopper, you can book Algeciras - Ceuta ferry tickets easily and quickly. Find all available ferry connections, find the one that suits you best and plan your ferry trip between the two Spanish ports!
Useful FAQs about the ferry route
How long is the Algeciras - Ceuta ferry ride?
The duration of the ferry trip between Algeciras and Ceuta is 1-1.5 hr. Travel time depends on the company and the type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry between Algeciras and Ceuta?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries between the ports of Algeciras and Ceuta. The fastest ferry crossing lasts around 1 hr.
What's the distance between Algeciras and Ceuta?
The distance between the port of Algeciras and the port of Ceuta is approximately 15 nautical miles (28 km).
Where do ferries depart from?
Ferries to Ceuta depart from the Andalusian port of Algeciras. Specifically, the port of Algeciras is located in the province of Cádiz, close to Gibraltar.
Ferries to Algeciras, on the other hand, depart from the port of Ceuta, close to the city center and bordered by Morocco. In walking distance from its ferry platforms, you can find cafeterias, shops and travel agencies.
The ferries operating on the Algeciras - Ceuta route allow the transport of motor vehicles. Make sure to book your Algeciras - Ceuta vehicle tickets early in advance, as there might be limited availability.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy on the Algeciras - Ceuta ferry route. Specifically:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers a maximum of 40 kg of luggage for cabins and 30 kg for seats, while ferries often have closed luggage storage rooms.
- On the ferries of Baleària, you can carry the maximum luggage that you can get on board by yourself, without help and in one go. Ferries might also have open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- FRS Iberia DFDS allows passengers to take their luggage on board free of charge.
Cabins and seating
The ferries traveling between Algeciras and Ceuta have no cabins, as the duration is rather short. You can book a numbered seat for extra comfort, as an alternative.
On Algeciras - Ceuta ferries, you can smoothly travel with your pet. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets, while larger pets should wear a muzzle and be on a leash. For more information, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with.
Useful tips for your ferry trip
Here are some travel tips for your ferry trip between Algeciras and Ceuta:
- We recommend you arrive at the port of Algeciras or Ceuta at least 1.5 hr before your departure, as it can get busy, especially in the summer and on the weekends.
- From the port of Algeciras, you can also visit the beautiful country of Morocco. Check out the Algeciras - Tangier ferry route for more information.
- The Algeciras - Ceuta ferry route is perfect for a day trip, as in just 1 hour you are introduced to wonderful new locations!
- Make sure to check out the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain as you get ready for your Algeciras - Ceuta ferry trip.
A perfect mix of industrial aesthetics and Andalusian elements, the city port of Algeciras is a must-visit destination for all kinds of travelers! Check out our detailed guide about Algeciras and make the most of your time there.
The Spanish port city of Ceuta is a fantastic holiday destination and a duty-free zone, perfect for a shopping trip. Discover more in our Ceuta travel guide and see what you can do and see in the city, whether you’re vacationing or simply waiting for your ferry.