How to get to Ceuta from Algeciras by ferry
There are at least 10 daily ferry crossings from Algeciras to Ceuta all year round, with a trip duration of about 1 hr. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Algeciras to Ceuta*
Is there a ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta?
The ferry route from Algeciras to Ceuta is operated by Baleària, Trasmediterránea, and FRS Iberia, with many daily crossings all year long. Specifically, usually, there are 12 Algeciras - Ceuta ferries from FRS Iberia, 8 from Baleària and 5 from Trasmediterránea.
Please note that ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season. Check real-time information about the Algeciras-Ceuta route on our ferry ticket booking engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Algeciras to Ceuta?
The duration of the ferry trip from Algeciras to Ceuta is from 1 hr to 1,5 hr. Travel time depends on the company and the type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries from Algeciras to Ceuta. The fastest ferry to Ceuta takes 1 hr to reach the port in North Africa.
How much is the ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta?
The Algeciras - Ceuta ferry cost ranges from €30 to €45. Keep in mind that the Algeciras to Ceuta ferry prices can fluctuate based on discounts, seat type or vehicle selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Algeciras to Ceuta?
There are normally 10 to 14 daily ferry routes from the port of Algeciras in the Iberian peninsula to the port of Ceuta in North Africa.
The earliest ferry usually departs at 07:00 and arrives in Ceuta at 08:00. The latest crossing from Algeciras is around 22:00, reaching Ceuta around 23:30.
Find more information on the Algeciras - Ceuta ferry timetable on our fare search engine!
What’s the distance between Algeciras and Ceuta?
The distance between the port of Algeciras and the port of Ceuta is approximately 15 nautical miles (28 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Algeciras to Ceuta?
Yes, starting May 9, 2021, ferry travel from Ceuta to Algeciras is allowed under specific circumstances. See more details about ferry travel and Covid-19 in Spain.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Algeciras to Ceuta?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Algeciras to Ceuta online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can check all the available connections, compare ferry companies and prices, and book tickets with just 4 clicks.
The impressive old fortress of Ceuta
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Algeciras to Ceuta
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Algeciras to Ceuta:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Algeciras at least 1h before departure. During the high season, in particular, the port can get quite busy.
- Ceuta is a beautiful, multicultural city that combines Arab and Spanish influences. We suggest walking around its old town and exploring its markets. Read our Ceuta travel guide for more information and useful tips about the autonomous city in North Africa.
- Ceuta enjoys reduced taxation and it is considered a duty-free zone, so it's also perfect for a shopping trip.
- Another way of reaching the Spanish exclave is by taking a ferry from Gibraltar to Ceuta.
- From Ceuta, you can also easily travel to Morocco so make sure to have your passport with you.
- The city of Algeciras, Spain, is a perfect getaway to North Africa. For example, an interesting route that you could consider is from Algeciras to Tangier, to explore the beauties of the Moroccan city.
- The Algeciras - Ceuta day trip is a pretty popular idea as in just 1 hour you can visit the impressive Spanish exclave.
Where to take the ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta
The port of Algeciras in Spain is located in the province of Cádiz, close to Gibraltar. The port of Algeciras is situated in the city center and it's easily accessible on foot or by public transport.
It's also 30 min drive or 1,5 hrs by public transport from the airport of Gibraltar.
Can I travel on the ferry from Algeciras to Ceuta with a car?
Yes, there is the option of traveling on board with your vehicle. The Algeciras - Ceuta ferry prices for cars are from €65 to €70, while for motorcycles around €25. Bear in mind that tickets for the car ferry deck may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Stay tuned to Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and book your tickets for the route Algeciras - Ceuta.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. In Baleària ferries you can carry the maximum luggage that you can get on board by yourself, without help and in one go. Ferries might also have open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip. Trasmediterránea allows passengers a maximum of 40 kg of luggage for cabins and 30 kg for seats, while ferries often have closed luggage storage rooms. FRS allows passengers to take their luggage on board free of charge.
The ferries that travel from Algeciras to Ceuta have cabins, as well as numbered seats, for a more comfortable trip.