Ferry from Valencia to Ibiza
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Valencia to Ibiza?
There are daily ferry connections from Valencia to Ibiza. The route is available with around 10 weekly crossings throughout the year, operated by Trasmediterránea, Baleària and GNV.
Find real-time information about the ferries from Valencia to Ibiza on Ferryhopper and plan your trip step-by-step!
Am I allowed to travel from Valencia to Ibiza?
Yes, traveling by ferry from Valencia to Ibiza is allowed. As you start planning your holidays, we suggest you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Valencia to Ibiza
There are at least 10 weekly ferries from Valencia to Ibiza, with increased frequency in the summer.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Valencia at around 22:45 and arrives in Ibiza the day after, at around 05:45 in the morning. The latest scheduled trip is around midnight, with the ferry reaching the port of Ibiza just before 06:00 in the morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Valencia to Ibiza?
The price of a standard ferry ticket from Valencia to Ibiza starts at €42. The final ticket cost varies depending on discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Find updated information about our ferry crossings, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Toddlers can travel from Valencia to Ibiza for free. There are also discount tickets for children and residents of the Balearic Islands.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Valencia to Ibiza?
The duration of the Valencia - Ibiza ferry ride ranges from 5 hr 15 min to 6 hr 45 min, depending on the company and type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Valencia to Ibiza?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Valencia to Ibiza. The fastest ferry to Ibiza covers the distance in around 5 hr.
What’s the distance between Valencia and Ibiza?
The distance between Valencia and Ibiza is approximately 87 nautical miles (about 162km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ibiza from Valencia
Here are our top travel tips for your trip from Valencia to Ibiza:
- To visit the island like a pro, read our guide on how to get to Ibiza hassle-free!
- The port of Valencia can get quite busy in the summer, so we suggest that you reach the port well in advance, especially if you are traveling with your vehicle.
- In Ibiza, it is best if you use public transport or your vehicle to move around. You can either transfer your vehicle by ferry or rent one once you get there. Taxis, on the other hand, are the most expensive mode of transport on the island.
- The main port of Ibiza is in Ibiza Town, the island’s capital. There is a second port in San Antonio on the midwestern part of the island.
- Read our Ibiza travel guide for useful information and holiday tips about the island.
- From the port of Ibiza, you can easily organize a day trip to the beautiful island of Formentera. The Ibiza - Formentera ferry ride lasts 30 min and there are multiple daily departures.
Where to take the ferry from Valencia to Ibiza
The port of Valencia is located close to the center of the city. It's easily accessible by public transport, taxi and car. There is also a shuttle bus that transfers passengers to the port terminals.
Can I travel on the ferry from Valencia to Ibiza with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the majority of the ferries from Valencia to Ibiza.
Ferry companies operating on this route have different luggage policies:
- Trasmediterránea allows passengers to carry luggage with a maximum weight of 40kg for cabins and 30kg for onboard seating. There are usually closed spaces for luggage on the ferries.
- With Balearia, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage, as long as you can carry and handle it on your own. There are open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges for your luggage.
- On the ferries of GNV, passengers can carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage.
Most of the ferries that travel from Valencia to Ibiza have cabins as well as numbered seats for a more comfortable trip.
When it comes to getting to Ibiza by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator you’ve chosen, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend, such as special pet-friendly cabins. For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you consult the ferry company you’re traveling with.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Valencia to Ibiza
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Valencia to Ibiza and the Balearic Islands online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can find all available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and prices, and book your ferry trip to Ibiza in just a few clicks.