Traveling from Gran Canaria to Tenerife by ferry
There are more than 12 daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to Tenerife with a sailing duration of 2 hours on average. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets for the Canaries.
Ferry schedules from Gran Canaria to Tenerife*
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Normally, there are more than 12 daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to the port of Tenerife, operated by 3 ferry companies. You can catch the ferry to Tenerife from two ports: Las Palmas and Agaete. The route is available throughout the year, serviced by Fred Olsen Express, Naviera Armas and Trasmediterránea.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
The ferry crossing lasts an average of 2 hours. The fastest way to get to Tenerife from Gran Canaria is from the port of Agaete. There is one itinerary operated by Trasmediterránea that takes 8 hours as it cruises through the Canary complex.
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
The price for a simple ferry ticket from Gran Canaria to Tenerife ranges from €27 to €42. If you transfer your vehicle or book a cabin, there is higher fare.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
There are regular ferry routes from Gran Canaria to Tenerife. You can travel daily from the ports of Las Palmas and Agaete to Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The earliest ferry route is at 05:30 and the latest scheduled trip is at 20:00.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and Tenerife?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Tenerife is approximately 43 nautical miles (80 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Yes, travel between Gran Canaria and Tenerife is currently allowed. There are no movement restrictions in place for the Canary Islands. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
On ferryhopper.com you can easily book ferry tickets to Tenerife. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and itineraries, and plan your trip.
Cute street with colorful houses and palm trees in Puerto de la Cruz on the island of Tenerife.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
- Gran Canaria is the perfect starting point for island hopping in the Canaries. From the two ports of the island you can travel by ferry to Lanzarote, Fuerteventura, Huelva, and Tenerife.
- The ports of Gran Canaria are quite busy particularly in the summer. Ferryhopper suggests that you arrive at the port at least 1h 15min before departure.
- On a bright day, you can actually see the island of Tenerife from Gran Canaria, meaning that the trip to the port of Santa Cruz is quite short.
- The port of Santa Cruz is in the northern part of the island, while Los Cristianos is in the south. Although there are beautiful beaches to explore on both sides, you may as well choose the port closest to your favorite beach!
- Tenerife is the largest Canary island and it’s a great place to visit throughout the year, as temperatures rarely fall below 20°C.