How to get to Tenerife from Gran Canaria by ferry
There are several ferry crossings per day from Gran Canaria to Tenerife and journey duration ranges from 1 hr 20 min to about 3 hr. Compare ferries from Gran Canaria to Tenerife and find the latest updates in our ferry guide.
Ferry schedules from Gran Canaria to Tenerife*
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
The route from Gran Canaria to Tenerife is served several times per day, with more than 10 ferry crossings taking place on most days.
Please note that ferry schedules can change from season to season. You can find real-time information, compare ferry ticket prices and book tickets for the ferry Gran Canaria - Tenerife on Ferryhopper, with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Ferry duration from Gran Canaria to Tenerife usually ranges from around 1 hr 20 min to 2 hr, while there are also some ferry crossings that last approximately 3 hr. Travel time depends on the port of departure (Agaete or Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) and type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Gran Canaria to Tenerife. The fastest ferry departs from the port of Agaete and takes about 1 hr 20 min to reach the island.
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Ferry prices for the Gran Canaria - Tenerife crossing usually start at around €45, while sometimes there is also 1 weekly crossing with a minimum ticket cost of €27. The final ticket price can be higher or lower depending on the vehicle and seat selection, as well as the available discounts, such as the resident discount.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
There are many daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, with frequency usually increasing during the summer. Ferries depart either from the port of Agaete or from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
The earliest ferry from Gran Canaria is normally at around 06:00, arriving in Tenerife at about 07:20 or 07:40. Sometimes, there is also a weekly ferry crossing at 05:30. The latest departure from Gran Canaria is usually at 21:30, with the ferry reaching Santa Cruz de Tenerife at 00:15.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and Tenerife?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Tenerife is approximately 43 nautical miles (80km).
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Yes, you can travel from Gran Canaria to Tenerife at the moment, as movement between the Canary Islands is allowed. Βear in mind, however, that travel guidelines may change. For more detailed and up-to-date information, please visit the official Canary Islands tourism website.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife on Ferryhopper with just 4 clicks. See all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and buy ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife online at no extra cost.
Street with colorful houses and palm trees in Puerto de la Cruz in Tenerife
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Gran Canaria to Tenerife:
- The ports of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Agaete can get quite busy in the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before departure if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- Tenerife is the largest of the Canary Islands and a great all-year-round destination, as temperatures rarely drop below 20°C.
- If you're wondering if you can do a day trip from Gran Canaria to Tenerife, then you most certainly can do so. They are close to each other, the Gran Canaria to Tenerife ferry time is less than 3 hours and there are multiple return crossings. Check our relevant page on the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria to get the overall picture of the trip.
- Check our Tenerife travel guide for more information about your holidays on the island.
- You can easily get from Tenerife to other neighboring islands of the Canaries, such as La Palma, Gran Canaria and La Gomera. Find all available ferry itineraries on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping hassle-free.
Where to take the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
You can take the ferry to the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife either from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or from the port of Agaete. Las Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria and is located on the northeastern coast of the island, approximately 25km from Gran Canaria Airport. To get to the city from the airport, you can take bus 60, while bus routes 1 and 11 also stop in the capital.
Agaete is a small town in the northwest of Gran Canaria. It is located about 33km from Las Palmas and 56km from Gran Canaria Airport. Bus route 103 runs regularly from the capital to Agaete.
Can I travel with a car on the Gran Canaria - Tenerife ferry?
Yes, the boat from Gran Canaria to Tenerife can transport vehicles. An average ferry price for a car ticket is around €35 - €55, while for motorcycles from approximately €32 - €47. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket well in advance!
Follow Ferryhopper to find all available ferry ticket discounts and offers for vehicles and easily travel to Tenerife by ferry.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Fred. Olsen Express: The company allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy a seat.
- Naveria Armas: The company allows 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport them.
- Trasmediterránea: The company allows up to 30kg per person or 40kg in the cabins.
You cannot book a cabin on the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife, but you can book a numbered seat.