Ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
The route from Gran Canaria to Tenerife is served several times per day, with more than 10 ferry crossings available on most days.
Please note that ferry schedules can change from season to season. You can find real-time information, compare prices and book ferry tickets for the Gran Canaria - Tenerife ferry on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Yes, traveling from Gran Canaria to Tenerife by ferry is allowed. Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain and get ready for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
There are plenty of daily ferry crossings from Gran Canaria to the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, with increased frequency in the summer. Ferries depart either from the port of Agaete or from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria.
The earliest ferry from Gran Canaria departs at around 06:00, arriving in Tenerife at about 07:20 or 07:40. The last departure from Gran Canaria is usually at 22:45, with the ferry reaching Santa Cruz de Tenerife at 01:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
The Gran Canaria to Tenerife ferry price starts at around €44. The final cost may vary depending on available offers and discounts, seat type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your tickets on Ferryhopper at the same price as the ferry companies.
Find the discount that suits you best on Ferryhopper and book ferry tickets to Tenerife! For instance, if you are living in the Canaries, you can use the Canary Islands resident discount and save up to 75%.
Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
The average duration of the Gran Canaria - Tenerife ferry route varies between 1 hr 20 min and 2 hr 45 min, depending on the crossing you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Gran Canaria to Tenerife. The fastest ferry takes about 1 hr 20 min to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Gran Canaria and Tenerife?
The distance between Gran Canaria and Tenerife is approximately 43 nautical miles (80km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Tenerife from Gran Canaria
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Gran Canaria to Tenerife:
- The ports of Las Palmas de Gran Canaria and Agaete can get quite busy in the summer, so we recommend arriving at least 1.5 hr before boarding, especially if you are traveling with a vehicle.
- You can easily get from Tenerife to other neighboring islands of the Canaries, such as La Palma, Gran Canaria and La Gomera. Find all available ferry itineraries on Ferryhopper and plan your island hopping in the Canaries hassle-free.
- This route is ideal for planning day trips in the Canaries! Check out more information about the ferry from Tenerife to Gran Canaria on Ferryhopper and book your return tickets easily and quickly!
- Check out our Tenerife travel guide for more information about your holidays on the island.
Where to take the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife
You can take the ferry to the port of Santa Cruz de Tenerife either from Las Palmas de Gran Canaria or from the port of Agaete. Las Palmas is the capital of Gran Canaria and is located on the northeastern coast of the island, approximately 25km from Gran Canaria Airport. To get to the city from the airport, you can take bus 60, while bus routes 1 and 11 also stop in the capital.
Agaete is a small town in the northwest of Gran Canaria. It is located about 33km from Las Palmas and 56km from Gran Canaria Airport. Bus route 103 runs regularly from the capital to Agaete.
Can I travel on the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife with a car?
Yes, the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife can transport vehicles. Bear in mind that the garage seats for vehicles may run out fast, so we suggest that you book your car or motorbike ticket as early as possible!
Each ferry company has a different baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- Naviera Armas allows a maximum of 60kg or 4 items of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your baggage if you don't want to carry it on board the ferry.
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
Yes, you can book a cabin for your Gran Canaria - Tenerife trip for a more comfortable journey. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Gran Canaria to Tenerife. Pet policies may vary depending on the company you're traveling with. Make sure to carry along all necessary certificates, tickets and pet supplies you for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife?
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife on Ferryhopper in just a few clicks. Check out all available ferry routes on our Map of ferries, compare schedules, companies and prices, and buy ferry tickets from Gran Canaria to Tenerife online at no extra cost.