Ferry from Barcelona to Menorca
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Barcelona to Menorca?
There are daily ferry crossings from Barcelona to the ports of Menorca (or Minorca) throughout the year, with increased ferry frequency in the summer. The route is usually operated by 3 ferry companies: Baleària, GNV, and Trasmed.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can find real-time schedules and book your ferry tickets for the Barcelona - Menorca route on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Barcelona to Menorca
There are approximately 20 weekly ferry crossings from the port of Barcelona to the 2 ports of Menorca: Ciutadella and Mahón.
The earliest ferry usually departs from Barcelona at around 08:00 in the morning and arrives at the port of Ciutadella in Menorca at 13:00. The last ferry departs at 22:30 from Barcelona, arriving at the port of Mahón the following day, at 07:00 in the morning.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Barcelona to Menorca?
The cost of the ferry trip from Barcelona to Menorca starts at around €46-€55, though you can find cheaper tickets in the off-season months. The final cost also may vary depending on available offers, seat/cabin type and vehicle selection.
Discover the best available offers for the route you’re interested in on Ferryhopper. Read updated information about our ferry crossings across the Balearics, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Toddlers can travel from Barcelona to Menorca for free, while there are also discount tickets for children.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Menorca?
The duration of the ferry ride from Barcelona to Menorca ranges from 5 to 8 hr. Travel time depends on the company, type of vessel (high-speed or conventional) and the port of arrival.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Barcelona to Menorca?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Barcelona to Menorca. The fastest ferry to Menorca reaches the island in 5 hr.
What’s the distance between Barcelona and Menorca?
The distance between Barcelona and Menorca is approximately 110 nautical miles (204 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Menorca from Barcelona
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Barcelona to Menorca:
- The port of Barcelona is one of the busiest in Europe. We recommend arriving at the port well in advance, especially if you’re traveling with a vehicle.
- Menorca has 2 ports: Mahón in the east, and Ciutadella in the west. There is a regular bus service that connects the 2 ports. The tickets cost around €10 and the trip lasts about 1 hr.
- Menorca is popular for its untamed and wild beaches and is a great destination for families too. There are several family-friendly beaches on the island, such as Son Saura. Make sure to read our Menorca travel guide for useful information and tips about the island.
- For additional tips on getting to Menorca, read our guide and travel like a pro!
- Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Spain, and get ready for your Barcelona - Menorca ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Barcelona to Menorca
There are frequent ferry crossings from the port of Barcelona to Menorca and the rest of the Balearic islands. The port of Barcelona is located 9 km from the city center and it's easily accessible by public transport (bus or underground) and taxi.
If you are planning to drive to the port of Barcelona, there are several parking lots where you can leave your car. You can then use the port’s free shuttle services to get to the ferry departure gates.
To get to the port of Barcelona from the city airport, you need about 25 min by car or 1 hr by public transport.
Can I travel on the ferry from Barcelona to Menorca with a car?
Yes, the ferries that travel from Barcelona to Menorca allow the transport of vehicles.
Each ferry operator serving this route has different luggage policies:
- Trasmed allows each passenger to carry up to 30 kg per luggage item.
- On the ferries of Baleària, there are no limitations on the amount of luggage, as long as you can carry and handle it on your own. There are also open luggage trunks in the passenger lounges, where you can leave your luggage during the trip.
- With GNV, passengers can carry up to 2 pieces of personal luggage.
Most of the ferries traveling from Barcelona to Menorca have cabins, as the duration of the trip is usually long.
When it comes to traveling to Menorca by ferry, you can bring along your pet. Depending on the operator and type of vessel, there are various services and infrastructures for your little friend.
For more information regarding documents and pet travel, we suggest that you consult the ferry company you’re traveling with from Barcelona to Menorca.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Barcelona to Menorca
You can book your ferry tickets from Barcelona to Menorca on Ferryhopper without any hidden costs. Find information about all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies and prices, and book your trip to Menorca hassle-free.