Traveling from Barcelona to Menorca by ferry
During peak season, there are more than 15 weekly ferry crossings from Barcelona to Menorca. The duration of the ferry crossing is approximately 8h 15min. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book ferry tickets to the Balearic island.
Ferry schedules from Barcelona to Menorca*
Is there a ferry from Barcelona to Menorca?
There are daily ferry crossings from Barcelona to Menorca (or Minorca) throughout the year. The itineraries are normally operated by the ferry companies Baleària and Trasmediterránea. Ferries from Barcelona travel to two ports in Menorca: Mahón and Ciutadella.
How long is the ferry ride from Barcelona to Menorca?
The ferry crossing to Menorca lasts an average of 8h 15min. The duration of the trip varies mainly depending on the type of vessel and the destination port.
How much is the ferry from Barcelona to Menorca?
The price for a simple ferry ticket from Barcelona to Menorca is around €55. The ticket price changes depending on offers, seat type, or cabin selection.
What’s the ferry schedule from Barcelona to Menorca?
There are frequent ferry routes from Barcelona to Menorca. You can travel daily to both ports of the island of Menorca and there are approximately 15 weekly crossings.The earliest ferry route is usually at 08:00 and the latest trip is at 23:59.
What’s the distance between Barcelona and Menorca?
The distance between Barcelona and Menorca is approximately 110 nautical miles (204 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Barcelona to Menorca?
At the moment, it is only possible to travel to Menorca from the port of Barcelona for non-holiday reasons. The autonomous community of Catalonia is under perimetral confinement. For the latest information on COVID-19 and traveling by ferry, visit our relevant FaQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Barcelona to Menorca?
On Ferryhopper you can easily book ferry tickets to Menorca. Find information about available itineraries on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and schedules, and plan your trip.
The historical landmark of Lithica Quarry of s'Hostal in Menorca.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Barcelona to Menorca
- The port of Barcelona is one of the busiest in Europe. It would help to arrive at the port at least 1h 30min before departure, especially if you’re traveling with a vehicle.
- Traveling to Menorca can become the start of an amazing island hopping experience in the Balearic Islands! Explore available routes on ferryhopper.com
- In Menorca, there is a regular port bus service that connects the ports of Mahón and Ciutadella. The bus route between the two ports lasts about 1h and the bus ticket is €10.
- Find out more up-to-date information about 2021 ferry routes from mainland Spain to the Balearic Islands.
- Menorca is popular for its untamed and wild beaches, but it is a great destination for families too. There are several family-friendly beaches on the island, such as Son Saura.