Ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria?
There are 2-3 weekly sailings from Huelva to Gran Canaria, served by the ferry companies Naviera Armas and Fred. Olsen Express.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules, compare companies and book ferry tickets online for the Canary Islands on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Huelva to Gran Canaria
The ferry route from Huelva to the port of Las Palmas in Gran Canaria is normally served 3 times per week.
The earliest ferry normally departs from Huelva at 12:30 on Saturday and arrives in Las Palmas at around 20:30 on Sunday. The last departure is usually on Friday at 23:59, with the ferry reaching Las Palmas at 07:30 on Sunday.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria?
Ferry prices from Huelva to Gran Canaria start at approximately €121. The final cost varies depending on available offers and discounts, seat type, vehicle selection, and the company you’re traveling with.
Discover the best available offers for ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with confidence.
Find all special discounts on Ferryhopper, including the Canary Islands resident discount! Some indicative passenger categories that are entitled to discount tickets are:
- Senior travelers
- Residents of the Canary Islands
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Huelva to Gran Canaria?
The duration of the Huelva - Gran Canaria ferry trip ranges from 33 hr to 37 hr, depending on the crossing. Ferryhopper suggests that you book a bed cabin to enjoy a more pleasant ferry trip!
Is there a high-speed ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria?
There are no high-speed ferries traveling from Huelva to Gran Canaria, as the trip is long. The fastest ferry from mainland Spain takes about 33 hr to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Huelva and Gran Canaria?
The distance between Huelva and Gran Canaria is approximately 692 nautical miles (1,280 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Gran Canaria from Huelva
Here, you can find our top travel tips for your ferry to Gran Canaria:
- If you are traveling with a vehicle, we recommend arriving at the port of Huelva 1.5 hr before boarding.
- Gran Canaria has 2 ports: the port of the capital of Las Palmas (or Puerto de La Luz) and the port of Agaete (or Puerto de las Nieves).
- The island of Gran Canaria is a popular destination for outdoor activities in the Canaries, including surfing, diving, cycling, hiking, and climbing.
- Check our Gran Canaria travel guide for more information about your vacation on the island.
- Gran Canaria is also ideal for island hopping in the nearby Canary Islands, such as Tenerife, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. Find all available ferry connections on our Map of ferries.
Where to take the ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria
You can travel by ferry to Gran Canaria and the Canary Islands from the port of Huelva in Andalusia. The city is located on the southwest coast of Spain, close to the border with Portugal.
The port of Huelva has 2 sections: the inner port (Puerto Interior), which is in the city, and the outer port (Puerto Exterior), the main port of Huelva where ferries to the Canary Islands depart from. The outer port is located about 17 km from the city of Huelva and the ferry terminals are at the south pier (Puerto Exterior Muelle Sur).
The outer port of Huelva can be reached by car and train, while the closest airport is the Seville Airport (about 105 km from Huelva). Ferry companies offer free bus services from the center of Huelva to the ferry terminal.
Can I travel on the ferry from Huelva to Gran Canaria with a car?
Yes, ferries traveling from Huelva to Gran Canaria carry vehicles.
Each ferry company serving this route has a different baggage allowance policy:
- Fred. Olsen Express allows 20 kg of luggage per person. It also offers trolleys to transport your bags and lockers for €1. Keep in mind that you can only have 1 piece of luggage in the lounge in addition to your handbags, provided that it doesn't obstruct passageways or occupy any seats.
- With Naviera Armas, each passenger can carry a maximum of 60 kg in luggage or 4 items in total. The company also offers trolleys to transport them.
All ferries traveling from Huelva to Gran Canaria have cabins and numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on all Huelva - Gran Canaria ferries, as long as you book a special ticket for your pet. Make sure you carry your pet’s health certificates and necessary supplies.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Huelva to Gran Canaria
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Huelva to Gran Canaria on Ferryhopper easily and quickly. Compare the available ferry connections, ferry companies and schedules and book ferry tickets from Huelva to the Canary Islands without hidden fees.