Traveling from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini by ferry
There are almost 4 daily ferry crossings from Heraklion to Santorini and tickets cost from 50€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini*
Is there a ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini?
The ferry routes that connect Heraklion of Crete with Santorini are seasonal, but very popular during the summer months and run almost every day. This can change depending on the season and weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine. Usually, this ferry crossing is operated by the companies Seajets, Golden Star Ferries, Minoan Lines and once a week by Aegeon Pelagos.
How long is the ferry ride from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini?
The trip from Piraeus to Serifos lasts between 2 and 6 hours. The duration of the trip varies depending on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
How much is the ferry from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini?
The average price for a standard ferry ticket for this crossing is around 50€. However, the total cost can be higher or lower depending on reductions, offers, and seat or cabin type.
What’s the ferry schedule from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini?
There are multiple everyday ferry crossings from Heraklion to Santorini. The earliest ferry usually departs from Piraeus at 08:00. The last scheduled ferry trip is at 20:00.
What’s the distance between Heraklion (Crete) and Santorini?
The port of Heraklion is around 65 nautical miles from Milos, or else 120 km.
Am I allowed to travel from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini?
Yes, travel within Greece is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece, visit our relevant FAQ section.
Athinios port of Santorini.
How can I book ferry tickets from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini?
With the search engine of Ferryhopper, you will find all available ferry routes from the port of Heraklion to Santorini and Cyclades. Compare schedules, prices and book your trip online and at the best prices.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Heraklion (Crete) to Santorini
- The port of Heraklion is easily accessible from the city center and is just a 15-minute walk from the KTEL station. We suggest you get to the port at least 45 minutes before departure. If you are traveling with your vehicle, it is a good idea to be at the port at least 1 hour before departure.
- If you intend to stay in Santorini for more than 1 day, we suggest you book your stay on the island as soon as possible (at least 4 months in advance).
- If you are thinking of traveling from Heraklion to Santorini this summer, especially from mid-July to mid-August, it is a good idea to plan your trip in advance and book ferry tickets at least 3 months before the trip. Tickets run out fast, as do car and motorcycle garage seats.
- On the route Heraklion - Santorini can be quite windy so there may be delays regarding arrival, departure or the trip itself due to weather. You can check any itinerary changes by contacting the Port Authority of Heraklion or Santorini.
- Santorini is also ideal for island-hopping around the Cyclades! On our map of routes, you will find all the available ferry connections from Santorini to organize your trip to the Greek islands in the best way!
- Another popular route in the summer months from the port of Heraklion is the one to the cosmopolitan Mykonos. You can find more information about the ferry crossing Heraklion - Mykonos on the respective page.
- Any information you need about the itineraries and times of your trip, you can contact the Ferryhopper team.