Ferry from Santorini to Naxos
Tickets, Prices, Times & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Naxos?
There are at least 5 daily ferry crossings from Santorini to Naxos in the high season. The ferry companies that mainly operate on this route are Blue Star Ferries, Seajets and Golden Star Ferries.
The route is served by both conventional and high-speed ferries while schedules are subject to change depending on the season and the weather. You can check real-time schedules and book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Naxos?
Yes, you can travel from Santorini to Naxos by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Santorini to Naxos
The earliest Santorini to Naxos ferry departs from the port of Athinios at 06:45 and arrives at the port of Naxos around 08:45. The latest ferry from Santorini departs around 15:30 and arrives in Naxos around 17:30.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Naxos?
The Santorini - Naxos ferry time takes from 1 hr to 3 hr, depending on the type of ferry (conventional or high-speed). Please bear in mind that travel time varies, depending on the type of vessel.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Naxos?
Yes. You can travel with a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Naxos. The fastest ferry from Santorini to Naxos takes about 1 hr 20 min.
What’s the distance between Santorini to Naxos?
The distance from the port of Athinios in Santorini to Naxos is 43 nautical miles (around 79km).
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Naxos?
The Santorini to Naxos ferry price ranges from €20 to €80. The average price for a passenger ticket with a conventional ferry is around €20 while with a high-speed ferry around €43. Ticket prices depend on reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle option or vessel type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Naxos from Santorini. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Santorini to Naxos by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts.
The ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Santorini to Naxos
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Santorini to Naxos:
- The port of Santorini, Athinios, can get extra busy in the high season. Check our survival guide for Athinios Port to be prepared for your trip.
- Sometimes weather conditions can affect the duration of this ferry ride. If you get seasick, make sure to carry with you anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- The Santorini-Naxos crossing is a popular ferry route so we recommend booking your ferry tickets well in advance.
- There are many island hopping options from Naxos to nearby islands. Check our Map of ferries for all available ferry connections.
- Read our travel guide about Naxos for more tips and tricks!
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Naxos
The Santorini - Naxos ferry departs from the port of Athinios in Santorini. Athinios is located on the southwest side of the island. It’s about 8km south of the capital town of Fira and 9km from Santorini’s airport.
The boat from Santorini to Naxos departs only from the port of Athinios. Therefore, considering it is a small port it can get quite crowded, particularly in July and August.
There are taxis and public buses that offer services to the port but they can sell out fast. On our blog, you can find a helpful travel guide for the port of Santorini.
Can I travel on the ferry from Santorini to Naxos with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle in the majority of the ferries from Santorini to Naxos. Both conventional and high-speed ferries provide the service of vehicle transfer.
The ferry prices range between €60 and €100 depending on the type of vehicle, the ferry company as well as the season.
Each company operating the Santorini - Naxos ferry route has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50 kg.
- On Blue Star Ferries, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 50kg at no extra cost.
- In Golden Star Ferries there is no weight limit for luggage but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
Tip: please note that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Some ferries traveling from Santorini to Naxos have cabins but the majority of them offer numbered seats.
You can travel with your pet on the Santorini - Naxos ferry, depending on the company and type of vessel you’ve chosen.
Please, make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Naxos
On Ferryhopper, you can compare all available ferry schedules, ticket prices, and ferry companies in the Santorini - Naxos route and book cheap ferry tickets online.