ON THIS PAGE
- Αn important note on ticket cancellations and refunds
- I have NOT picked up my ferry tickets. Can I cancel them and get a refund?
- I have already picked up my ferry tickets. Can I cancel them and get a refund?
- Why can’t I get a refund for my ferry ticket?
- Can I request a ticket cancellation on behalf of another passenger?
The information in this section is about ticket cancellation and refund policies that applied prior to the Covid-19 pandemic and it may be outdated. To find up-to-date information, please visit our Covid-19 Frequently Asked Questions.
You have planned your trip, booked your ferry and prepared for your holiday on the islands. But what happens if you wish to cancel your ticket? You can find all the information you need on ticket cancellations and refunds here.
Αn important note on ticket cancellations and refundsJuly 16, 2020
In this section we provide a summary of the policy of ferry companies regarding ticket cancellations and refunds. We also provide an outline of the rules on passenger rights as detailed by the relevant authorities. Company policies and passenger rights are determined by the ferry operators and the relevant authorities and not by Ferryhopper. Therefore, Ferryhopper is not liable for any modification of these policies and rules. For more detailed information on ticket cancellations and refunds please read the companies’ policies.
Ιf you book your ferry tickets through our platform, you will be fully covered by the cancellation policy of the ferry company/ies you are traveling with. Please note that Ferryhopper is obligated to follow these policies and cannot make any exceptions.
Regarding cases where you are required to pick up your paper tickets before the trip, please remember that the cancellation process is different if you have already collected them. The process also differs if you have already checked-in online and got your boarding card.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us or the ferry company. Our customer support team will be more than happy to answer all your questions!
I have NOT picked up my ferry tickets. Can I cancel them and get a refund?July 16, 2020
In order to cancel your ferry tickets you need to make a cancellation request at least 3 days (72 hours) before your ferry is scheduled to depart. Please note that cancellation requests cannot be made via phone. You can request a cancellation either through the ‘My Booking’ section on our website or by completing our online contact form.
Once you have canceled your booking you will get a refund, which is provided by the ferry company(ies) you had booked your trip with. You will be refunded with the maximum amount possible according to the remaining time between your cancellation and the departure date. Service fees, if applicable, are also refundable. Please note that Ferryhopper applies a 6€ (euro) cancellation fee per booking. The transaction currency used on our website is the euro (€). Ferryhopper is not responsible for the difference between the exchange rate at the time of the initial transaction and at the time of the cancellation.
If you have any questions regarding ticket cancellations and refunds, please do not hesitate to contact us. Our customer support team will be happy to help!
I have already picked up my ferry tickets. Can I cancel them and get a refund?December 18, 2020
*** Important note: According to the policy of some ferry companies, if paper tickets are required for boarding and you have already collected them, you must return the tickets in order to receive your refund. This policy is applied by the ferry operators and Ferryhopper is legally obligated to follow it. Please also note that the refund amount depends on the policy of each ferry company. ***
If you have already picked up your paper tickets and you wish to cancel them, you have to return them in one of the following ways:
- If you are outside of Athens (e.g. on an island), you can return your tickets to any local travel agency that collaborates with the ferry company you booked your trip with. You can find the contact details of all the ticket collection and return points by clicking on the link in your booking confirmation email. The travel agent will stamp and cancel your tickets. Once this is done, they are required to either keep the canceled tickets and give you your refund or give you the canceled tickets, so that you can return them to our offices in Athens and receive your refund through Ferryhopper.
- If you are still in Athens or planning to visit after your trip, you can return your tickets to Ferryhopper’s offices at Kallirois 23, 11743, Athens. Our team will cancel your tickets and issue your refund immediately.
- If you can’t return your tickets in person, you can send them to Ferryhopper by courier or post. In this case, you have to request a cancellation in any of the following ways: by sending us an email, by filling in our online contact form or through the ‘My booking’ section on our website. We will notify you by email as soon as we receive your tickets and issue your refund. If some time has gone by and you haven't received an email from us, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our mailing address is:
Kallirrois 23, 11743
We strongly recommend sending your tickets via registered post. Please note that Ferryhopper is not responsible for the loss of your tickets in the post.
Why can’t I get a refund for my ferry ticket?July 16, 2020
You may not be able to get a refund for your ferry ticket in the following cases:
- Some types of ferry tickets (e.g. special offer tickets) are non-refundable and non-amendable. This is clearly stated before you pay for your ticket.
- If your cancellation request is not made within the cancellation deadline of the ferry company.
- Some ferry companies require that you pick up your paper tickets before traveling. If you have already collected them, then you will have to return them in order to receive a refund. You can find detailed information on how to return your tickets here.
Please note that Ferryhopper is obligated to follow the policy of each ferry company regarding refunds and non-refundable tickets. We understand that this is frustrating and we have tried to convince ferry companies to change their policy. Nonetheless, we cannot make any exceptions to these rules.
Can I request a ticket cancellation on behalf of another passenger?July 16, 2020
According to the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (GDPR), if you wish to change a ticket on behalf of another passenger, you must contact us from the same email address or phone number used for the booking. Ferryhopper is obligated to comply with this regulation, in order to ensure the safety of your personal data. Therefore, if you don’t contact us from the same email address or phone number, we will not be able to process your request. We are committed to guaranteeing our customers’ privacy.
In case the email address or phone number used during the booking is not available anymore, we may require additional information in order to verify your identity and proceed with your request. We may also ask for additional information if you would like to change the email address or phone number you have provided.
Are you missing something on this page?
Send us a message and our customer support team will happily respond to all your questions