Traveling from Santorini to Paros by ferry
Santorini and Paros are connected with frequent ferry itineraries during the summer season. The distance between the two islands is approximately 65 nautical miles and the journey has an average duration of 3 hours and 30 minutes, which mainly depends on the ferry operator and the weather. An average ticket price of the ferry connecting Santorini to Paros is usually less than € 20.
Ferry schedules from Santorini to Paros*
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Paros?
Santorini to Paros Cost of the ferry
Ferry tickets from Santorini to Paros are quite affordable and may cost from 10 to 40 euros, depending on the ferry operator. Concerning the vehicles, the tickets are a bit more expensive but remain quite affordable. You may find more accurate information by searching the specific itinerary in Ferryhopper.
Santorini to Paros distance
The distance between Santorini and Paros is about 105 km or 65 nautical miles.
Which port of Santorini do I depart from?
Unlike Mykonos, Santorini (or Thira) has only one port that serves passenger ferries. The name of this port is Athinios and it is located on the middle-west side of the island.
Book in advance ferry tickets from Santorini to Paros
The most important thing if you really want to visit both islands is to be “on time”. We advise you to book your tickets at least three months prior to your trip. Ferryhopper is here to help you find all the possible options; it is up to you to choose the perfect one and book it while there is still availability.
Tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Paros
- The port of Santorini gets really crowded during high season. Make sure to arrive there at least one hour prior to your scheduled departure.
- If you visit Paros only for a day, be sure to rent a vehicle, to explore as much as possible. Also, if you like partying until the morning don't forget to enjoy the famous nightlife of the island!
- If you are visiting for more days and you do not want to spend a fortune on accommodations, you should definitely book a place to stay as early as possible; at least 4-5 months in advance.
- Ferry rides can become a bit bumpy during summer. There is absolutely nothing to be worry about, rather than getting a bit seasick. If you do not feel well you can always ask the ferry crew for some aspirins.
- Tickets to Paros from Santorini always sell out fast during high-season. If you are planning to take a ferry from Santorini to Heraklion on late July or August, make sure to book your tickets well in advance.
- There are many other beautiful islands around Santorini that you can visi as well, such as Mykonos, Naxos, Amorgos, Koufonisia and Ios.
- You can also check our top ferry routes from Santorini to Mykonos, to Milos, to Heraklion and to Naxos.
- Island hopping around Santorini is the best idea! You can check our Ferry Map for more ideas!