Ferry from Santorini to Paros
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Paros?
The Santorini - Paros ferry route runs all year round with at least 1 daily crossing. During the high season (from June to September), there are usually up to 10 daily ferry crossings.
The ferry crossing from Santorini to Paros is usually operated by 4 ferry companies: Seajets, Blue Star Ferries, Fast Ferries, and Golden Star Ferries. Blue Star Ferries is the only company operating on the route in the winter months (mid-November to mid-March).
What's the ferry schedule from Santorini to Paros
There are up to 10 daily ferry crossings from Santorini to Paros in the summer months. During the winter, there are usually 7 weekly sailings.
The earliest ferry usually departs from Santorini at 06:45 arriving in Paros at around 10:20, while the last ferry usually leaves the port of Santorini at 19:30 and reaches the island of Paros around 21:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Paros?
Santorini - Paros ferry tickets normally start at €32.50 for conventional ferries and at €47 for high-speed ferries.
Apart from the type of vessel, the final ticket price also depends on discounts, offers, seat type, and vehicle transportation.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Paros from Santorini. Take a look at our routes, find the lowest prices and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Traveling from Santorini to Paros by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to certain passenger categories, such as:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Students (Greek public universities and ISIC card holders)
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and toddlers up to 4-5 years old normally travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary from one ferry operator to another.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Paros?
The ferry ride from Santorini to Paros takes from around 1.5 to 4.5 hr, depending on the type of vessel, the route and the weather conditions.
Tip: worried that weather conditions might affect your time of departure? You can see any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Paros?
Yes, you can travel from Santorini to Paros with a high-speed vessel in the spring and summer months. The fastest ferry reaches Paros in less than 1.5 hr.
What's the distance between Santorini and Paros?
The distance between Santorini and Paros is 43 nautical miles (around 80 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Paros from Santorini
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Santorini to Paros:
- The port of Athinios in Santorini can get extra busy in the high season (July and August). Check out our survival guide for Athinios Port to be prepared for your trip.
- Sometimes weather conditions can affect the duration of this ferry ride. If you get seasick, make sure to carry with you anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- We recommend booking your return to Santorini in advance as tickets sell out fast, especially in the high season.
- Check out our destination page for useful information about holidays in Paros.
- Paros has regular ferry connections to nearby islands, such as Mykonos, Tinos and Ios, and Naxos. Discover all available island-hopping opportunities in the Cyclades on our Map of ferries.
- While in Paros, we suggest organizing a day trip to the neighboring island of Antiparos.
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Paros
The Santorini - Paros ferry departs from the port of Athinios in Santorini. Athinios is located in the southwestern side of the island. It’s about 8 km south of the capital town of Fira and 9 km from Santorini’s airport.
There are taxis and public buses that offer services to the port. Make sure to book your ride in advance, especially in the summer months.
Can I travel on the Santorini to Paros ferry with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the majority of the ferries from Santorini to Paros. There are car decks available on both conventional and some high-speed ferries.
Each company operating the Santorini - Paros ferry route has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50 kg.
- On Blue Star Ferries, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 50 kg at no extra cost.
- With Golden Star Ferries and Fast Ferries vessels, there is no specific weight limit for luggage. Luggage should be placed on special locations of the ferry.
Tip: normally Greek ferry companies are quite flexible regarding luggage size and weight. Also note that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
High-speed ferries to Paros normally don't have cabins, but they have numbered airplane-type seats. There are cabins available on standard vessels of Blue Star Ferries, as well as numbered seats.
On Santorini - Paros ferries, you can travel with your pet free of charge. Bear in mind that each ferry company has its own pet policy.
Make sure to carry along all necessary pet health certificates, tickets and any supplies you may need for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Paros
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Santorini to Paros at the best prices. Check all available ferry connections, compare companies and fares, and plan your trip in the Cyclades in no time!