Ferry from Santorini to Paros
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Santorini to Paros?
The Santorini - Paros ferry route runs all year round, with fewer sailings in winter. However, during the high season (from June to September), there are usually up to 4 daily ferry crossings.
Am I allowed to travel from Santorini to Paros?
Yes, you can travel from Santorini to Paros by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What's the ferry schedule from Santorini to Paros
There are up to 4 daily ferry crossings from Santorini to Paros in the summer. During the winter, there are usually 7 weekly sailings.
The earliest ferry departs from Santorini is around 06:45, while the latest ferry usually leaves the port of Santorini at 15:30, reaching the island of Paros around 18:45.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Paros?
The cost of a single ferry ticket varies between €20 and €95. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Paros from Santorini. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices for this route and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Santorini to Paros by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Paros?
The ferry ride from Santorini to Paros takes from 2 hr to 4 hr, depending on the type of vessel and the ferry company.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Paros?
Yes, you can travel with a fast ferry from Santorini to Paros as many companies run the route throughout the year. The duration of the trip with the high-speed ferry to Paros is about 2 hr.
What's the distance between Santorini and Paros?
The distance between Santorini and Paros is 43 nautical miles (around 80km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Paros
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Santorini to Paros:
- The port of Athinios in Santorini can get extra busy in the high season. Check our survival guide for Athinios Port to be prepared for your trip.
- Sometimes weather conditions can affect the duration of this ferry ride. If you get seasick, make sure to carry with you anti-nausea pills or ask the ferry crew for an aspirin.
- We recommend booking your return to Santorini in advance as tickets sell out fast, especially in the high season.
- Check out our destination pages for useful information about holidays in Paros.
- Paros has regular ferry connections to nearby islands. Find all island-hopping options in the Cyclades on our Map of ferries.
- While in Paros, we suggest organizing a day trip to the neighboring island of Antiparos.
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Paros
The Santorini - Paros ferry departs from the port of Athinios in Santorini. Athinios is located on the southwest side of the island. It’s about 8km south of the capital town of Fira and 9km from Santorini’s airport.
The boat from Santorini to Paros departs only from the port of Athinios. Therefore, considering it is a small port, it can get quite crowded, particularly in July and August.
There are taxis and public buses that offer services to the port, but they can sell out fast.
Can I travel on the Santorini to Paros ferry with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the majority of the ferries from Santorini to Paros. Both conventional and high-speed ferries provide the service of vehicle transfer.
The ferry prices range from €60 to €100 depending on the type of vehicle, the ferry company as well as the season.
Each company operating the Santorini - Paros ferry route has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- On Blue Star Ferries, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 50kg at no extra cost.
- In Golden Star Ferries, there is no weight limit for luggage, but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
Tip: please note that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Due to the short journey duration from Santorini to Paros, there is no cabin option. For a more comfortable crossing, we recommend booking a numbered seat.
You can travel with your pet on the Santorini - Paros ferry, depending on the company and type of vessel.
However, you should make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Paros
On Ferryhopper, you can easily find all ferry routes from Santorini to Paros. Compare ferry schedules, companies and book ferry tickets to Paros at no extra cost.