Traveling from Santorini to Milos by ferry
Santorini is connected to Milos with daily ferry itineraries during the summer season. The distance between the two islands is approximately 85 nautical miles and the journey can last from 2 hours and 30 minutes to almost 6 hours, which mainly depends on the ferry operator. Ticket prices for passengers range from € 20 to € 50.
Ferry schedules from Santorini to Milos*
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Milos?
Santorini to Milos: Cost of the ferry
Ferry tickets from Santorini to Milos cost from 20 to 50 euros, depending on the ferry operator. Concerning the vehicles, a car ticket costs around 50 euros and the motorbike ticket is equal to 12 euros.
Distance from Santorini to Milos
The distance between Santorini and Milos is about 136 km or 85 nautical miles.
Which port of Santorini do I depart from?
Santorini (or Thira) has only one port that serves passenger ferries. The name of this port is Athinios and it is located on the middle-west side of the island.
Tips for your Trip
- The port of Santorini can become very crowded during August, and multiple ferries can arrive/depart at the same time. Make sure to be there on time, and ask the port authorities personnel for information regarding your ferry.
- The port of Milos, called Adamas, is very close to Chora.
- If you visit Milos only for a day, be sure to rent a vehicle, to explore as much as possible.
- If you are visiting for more days and you do not want to spend a fortune on accommodations, you should definitely book a place to stay as early as possible; at least 4-5 months in advance.
- There are many other beautiful islands around Santorini that you can visi as well, such as Paros, Naxos, Amorgos, Koufonisia and Ios.
- You can also check other ferry routes from Santorini to Mykonos, to Paros, to Heraklion and to Naxos.
- Island hopping around Santorini is the best! You can check our Ferry Map for more ideas!