Traveling from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry
There are up to 4 ferry crossings daily from Mykonos to Santorini with sailing durations starting from 2 hours. Find all information regarding ticket prices and departure times. Compare ferry companies and book your ferry tickets.
Ferry schedules from Mykonos to Santorini*
Is there a ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?
Usually, there are at least 3 direct ferry crossings per day by 4 ferry companies on this route. This seasonal ferry connection is served mainly by high-speed ferries and the companies that operate on the route are usually Seajets, Minoan Lines, Golden Star Ferries, and Blue Star Ferries. Schedules can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Santorini?
The ferry ride can last from 2 hours to 3 hours depending on the type of vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?
The cost of a single ferry ticket ranges between 40€ - 80€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Santorini?
There are at least 3 daily ferries traveling from Mykonos to Santorini in the summer months. The route is mainly active between April and October. The earliest ferry to Santorini departs around 09.30 and there are at least 2 more departures after that with the latest being in the early afternoon, around 14.00-15.00.
What's the distance between Mykonos and Santorini?
The distance between the port of Mykonos and the port of Athinios in Santorini is 64 nautical miles (around 118 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Mykonos to Santorini?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For updated information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Mykonos to Santorini?
On Ferryhopper you can find real-time ferry information for the crossing Mykonos-Santorini and book ferry tickets online, at the best prices.
Orange and yellow sky colors during the famous sunset hour in Santorini.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Santorini
- Mykonos has 2 ports, however, the majority of the ferries depart from the New Port of Mykonos. Find out more about Mykonos' ports on our relevant FAQ.
- Mykonos port can get quite busy during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Mykonos to Santorini, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be a bit bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Mykonos in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- For useful information about Athinios port in Santorini visit our relevant blog post.
- Check out our dedicated destination page for tips about holidays in Santorini.
- We suggest reserving your accommodation in Santorini at least 4 months in advance as the availability can be limited - especially in the summer and Easter season.
- Island hopping around Santorini is a great idea! Check our Map of ferries to discover ferry connections with nearby islands.
- For extra tips on this route, read our blog A Ferry(tale) to Santorini with insights into Santorini ferries.