Ferry from Mykonos to Santorini
Tickets, Prices, Times & Schedules
Is there a direct ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?
Yes, there are 4 daily ferry crossings from Mykonos to Santorini year-round. Ferry routes to Santorini are usually operated by 4 ferry companies: Seajets, Minoan Lines, Golden Star Ferries, and Blue Star Ferries.
Tip: you can check real-time data for ferries from Mykonos to Santorini on our fare search engine.
Am I allowed to travel to Santorini from Mykonos?
Yes, you can travel to Santorini from Mykonos by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Mykonos to Santorini
There are 4 daily crossings from Mykonos to Santorini in the summer months. The earliest ferry departs around 10:00 and arrives in Santorini at 12:00. The latest departure during the high season is at about 13:00.
Tip: the ferry route is mainly active between April and October. Also, the duration of the trip varies depending on the type of vessel (high-speed or conventional ferry).
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?
The Mykonos to Santorini ferry price ranges between 40€ to 120€. Ferry ticket prices can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat or cabin type and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Santorini from Mykonos. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Mykonos to Santorini by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 4 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Mykonos to Santorini?
The ferry crossing duration from Mykonos to Santorini ranges from 2 to 3 hr, depending on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
How far is Mykonos from Santorini?
The distance between the new port of Mykonos and the port of Athinios in Santorini is 64 nautical miles (around 118km).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Mykonos to Santorini?
Yes, you can travel with a fast ferry from Mykonos to Santorini as many companies operate the route throughout the year providing high-speed ferries. The fastest ferry from Mykonos to Santorini reaches the island in 2 hr.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Santorini
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Mykonos to Santorini:
- Mykonos has 2 ports, however, the majority of the ferries depart from the new port of Mykonos. Find out more about Mykonos' ports on our relevant blog post.
- Mykonos port can get quite busy during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes prior to departure.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Mykonos to Santorini, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- Summer ferry rides can be bumpy. There is nothing to worry about but if you feel seasick you can ask the ferry crew for some aspirin or carry with you anti-nausea pills.
- We recommend booking your return to Mykonos in advance as tickets sell out fast.
- For useful information about Athinios port in Santorini visit our relevant blog post.
- We suggest reserving your accommodation in Santorini at least 4 months in advance as the availability can be limited, especially in the summer and Easter season.
- Island hopping around Santorini is a great idea! Check our Map of ferries to discover ferry connections with nearby islands.
- For extra tips on this route, read our blog A Ferry(tale) to Santorini with insights into Santorini ferries.
Also, if you’re wondering whether to go to Santorini or Mykonos first, there is no easy answer. Both are very popular and beautiful islands so it depends on what you like the most. Some people prefer Mykonos as their first stop thanks to its lively nightlife and then head to Santorini for its spectacular views and breathtaking sunset.
Where to take the ferry from Mykonos to Santorini
You can catch the ferry to Santorini from the new port of Mykonos in Tourlos. It’s almost 2km away from Mykonos town (Chora) and it is where most of the vessels arrive and depart.
You can get to the port of Mykonos by car, taxi and bus. The Sea Bus departs every 30 min from early in the morning to midnight with a ticket price of €2.
Can I travel on the Mykonos - Santorini ferry with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle in the majority of the ferries from Mykonos to Santorini.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible regarding luggage size and weight. You can store your bags and suitcases at the designated luggage area onboard the ferry to Mykonos from Santorini.
Good to know: there is no check-in procedure for luggage items. However, carrying luggage up to 50kg is recommended to avoid delays due to restricted space in the luggage area.
The trip to Mykonos is quite short, so the ferries have no cabins. For extra comfort during the journey, you can book a seat.
You can take the ferry to Santorini from Mykonos and travel with your pet, depending on the company and type of vessel you’ve chosen. Before your trip, make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Mykonos to Santorini
You can easily book Santorini ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find information about available routes on Ferryhopper’s Map of ferries, compare ferry companies and book your ferry trip.