Traveling from Tinos to Santorini by ferry
There are 2 weekly ferry crossings from Tinos to Santorini in high-season with tickets cost starting from 50€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Tinos to Santorini*
Is there a ferry from Tinos to Santorini?
There are usually 2 weekly ferry crossings by 2 ferry companies from Tinos to Santorini. The direct connection is mainly seasonal, operated by Minoan Lines and Golden Star Ferries. Schedules can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Tinos to Santorini?
The ferry ride can be from 2,5 hours to 5 hours depending on the type of vessel and its scheduled itinerary.
How much is the ferry from Tinos to Santorini?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts from 50€ and can be up to 70€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, or the ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Tinos to Santorini?
During high season there are at least 2 ferry crossings every week and the ferries usually depart in the early afternoon, around 14.00-15.00. During the winter, the easiest way to get from Tinos to Santorini is to get an indirect ferry via Mykonos.
What's the distance between Tinos and Santorini?
The distance between the port of Tinos and Athinios port in Santorini is 69 nautical miles (around 128 km)
Am I allowed to travel from Tinos to Santorini?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Tinos to Santorini?
On Ferryhopper you can find real-time ferry information for the crossing Tinos-Santorini and book cheap ferry tickets online.
The Red Beach in Santorini, named after the red - bronze color of the surrounding volcanic rocks.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Tinos to Santorini
- The port of Tinos can get quite busy during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes in advance of departure.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Tinos to Santorini, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- For tips and info about Athinios port in Santorini visit our relevant blog post.
- On our dedicated destination page, you can find useful information about holidays in Santorini.
- We suggest reserving your accommodation in Santorini at least 4 months in advance as the availability can be limited - especially in the summer and Easter season.
- Check our Map of ferries to discover island-hopping options from Santorini to nearby islands such as Ios, Milos, Anafi, or Heraklion.
- For extra tips on this route, read our blog A Ferry(tale) to Santorini with insights into Santorini ferries.