Ferry from Naxos to Santorini
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naxos to Santorini?
You can normally catch a ferry from Naxos to Santorini throughout the year. Usually, there are up to 6 daily ferry crossings to Santorini in the summer.
The Naxos - Santorini connection is operated by 5 ferry companies: Seajets, Minoan Lines, Fast Ferries, Golden Star Ferries, and Blue Star Ferries.
Am I allowed to travel to Santorini from Naxos?
Yes, you can travel to Santorini from Naxos by ferry at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece before your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naxos to Santorini?
There are 1-2 daily ferry crossings from Naxos to Santorini during the winter. From May to October, there are up to 6 daily crossings to Santorini.
The earliest ferry departs from Naxos at 10:40 and arrives in Santorini at 12:10, while the latest scheduled trip to Santorini from Naxos is usually at 23:55, arriving around 02:10.
Good to know: ferry schedules are subject to change depending on the season.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How long is the ferry ride from Naxos to Santorini?
The Naxos to Santorini ferry duration ranges from approximately 1 hr 20 min to 2 hr 20 min. The travel time varies, depending on weather conditions, the type of vessel and the itinerary.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naxos to Santorini?
Yes, you can travel with a high-speed ferry from Naxos to Santorini. The fastest ferry to Santorini makes the trip in 1 hr 20 min.
What’s the distance between Naxos and Santorini?
The distance between Naxos and Santorini is 47 nautical miles (approximately 87km).
Ferry Route Info
How much is the ferry from Naxos to Santorini?
The Naxos - Santorini ferry price ranges from approximately €20 to €79. The ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on discounts, offers, seat and vessel type, as well as vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Santorini from Naxos. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest ferry prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Traveling from Naxos to Santorini by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. The ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children up to 3 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naxos to Santorini
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Naxos to Santorini:
- The port of Naxos is quite busy during the summer months, as it serves ferry routes to Athens, as well as more islands in the Aegean Sea. Make sure you get to the port at least 60 min before departure.
- The only port in Santorini operating ferry routes is Athinios. Cruise ships use the port of Fira, so make sure you arrange your transfer from the port accordingly. Discover more useful details about the port of Santorini.
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover island-hopping options from Santorini to more Greek islands, such as Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes and Paros.
Where to take the ferry from Naxos to Santorini
You can catch the ferry to Santorini from the port of Naxos on the west coast of the island. Naxos Port is located in the capital of the island, close to all visitor amenities and traveler services. You can easily walk to the port from the center of Chora, as well as catch an intercity bus or taxi from popular locations around the island.
Each company operating the ferry route from Naxos to Santorini has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50kg.
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
- On Golden Star Ferries, there is no weight limit for luggage but it needs to be placed in the specified luggage trunks.
- On Blue Star Ferries and Fast Ferries, passengers are entitled to carry free of charge luggage up to 50kg.
High-speed ferries do not have cabins, but they have numbered seats. There are cabins and numbered seats on standard ferries, but since the trip is quite short, we recommend that you book a seat for extra comfort.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry from Naxos to Santorini, depending on the company and type of vessel. Make sure to carry along the necessary certificates, tickets and any pet supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Naxos to Santorini
You can book cheap ferry tickets from Naxos to Santorini online on Ferryhopper. On our Map of ferries, you can see all the available ferry connections, compare ferry companies and fares, and book your ferry trip to Santorini with just a few clicks.