Ferry from Paros to Santorini
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Paros to Santorini?
The Paros - Santorini ferry route runs all year round with at least 1 daily crossing. The connection is served more frequently during spring and summer, while during high season (from June to September) there are usually up to 7 daily ferry crossings.
The ferry crossing from Paros to Santorini is normally operated by 5 ferry companies: Seajets, Blue Star Ferries, Minoan Lines, Fast Ferries, and Golden Star Ferries. Blue Star Ferries is the only company operating on the route in the winter months (mid-November to mid-March).
What’s the ferry schedule from Paros to Santorini?
There are up to 7 daily ferry crossings from Paros to Santorini in the summer months. During winter, there are usually 7 weekly sailings.
The first ferry departs from Paros at 10:25 and arrives in Santorini at 12:00. The last scheduled trip to Santorini from Paros is usually at 23:05, arriving around 02:45 past midnight.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Paros to Santorini?
Paros - Santorini ferry usually start at €32.50 for conventional ferries, and at around €49 for high-speed ferries.
Apart from the type of vessel, ticket prices also depend on discounts, offers, seat type, and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best offers for the ferry trip to Santorini from Paros. Take a look at our routes, find the lowest prices, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Traveling from Paros to Santorini by ferry is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. Ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to certain passenger categories, such as:
- Children from 5 to 10 years old
- Students (Greek public universities and ISIC card holders)
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: infants and children 4-5 years travel for free. However, keep in mind that available discounts may vary from one ferry operator to another.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Paros to Santorini?
The Paros - Santorini ferry duration ranges from approximately 1 hr 25 min to approximately 3 hr 45 min. Travel time depends on weather conditions, the type of vessel and the route.
Tip: worried that weather conditions might affect your time of departure? You can see any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Paros to Santorini?
Yes, you can travel from Paros to Santorini by high-speed ferry in the spring and summer months. The fastest ferry to Santorini takes less than 1.5 hr to reach the island.
What’s the distance between Paros and Santorini?
The distance between the port of Parikia in Paros and Santorini is 43 nautical miles (approximately 80 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Paros to Santorini
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip from Paros to Santorini:
- The port of Parikia in Paros can get quite busy in the summer, so make sure to get there at least 1 hr in advance, especially if you travel with your vehicle.
- Your port of arrival in Santorini is Athinios. The port is small and might get quite crowded in high season. You can find a helpful guide on our blog about the port of Athinios in Santorini.
- Discover the best travel tips for the island of Santorini and prepare for an unforgettable vacation!
- On Ferryhopper, you can discover all island-hopping options from Santorini. Find out how you can get to more Greek islands, such as Mykonos, Crete, Rhodes, and Naxos, on our Map of ferries.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Greece, you can check our relevant post. Note that, for the time being, all restrictions have been lifted.
Where to take the ferry from Paros to Santorini
You can catch the ferry to Santorini from the port of Parikia in Paros. The port is quite small, yet quite busy in the summer.
There is 1 terminal for all ferries to Santorini, Athens and more islands. The port of Parikia is located in the island's capital, close to many restaurants, cafés and services.
You can get to the port of Parikia on foot if you’re staying in the capital, or by taxi and bus from Naoussa, the airport and several major villages. The distance between Naoussa and the port of Parikia is 10 km.
Can I travel on the ferry from Paros to Santorini with a car?
Yes, you can travel with a vehicle on the majority of the ferries from Paros to Santorini. There are car decks available on both conventional and several high-speed ferries.
However, if you’re traveling without a vehicle, you can find various rental services in Santorini to easily get around the island by car.
Each company operating the Paros - Santorini ferry route has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- On Seajets ferries, passengers can bring single luggage weighing up to 50 kg.
- On Blue Star Ferries, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum weight of 50 kg at no extra cost.
- With Golden Star Ferries and Fast Ferries vessels, there is no specific weight limit for luggage. Luggage should be placed on special locations of the ferry.
- Minoan Lines allows each passenger to carry up to 2 pieces of luggage and 1 hand luggage.
Tip: normally Greek ferry companies are quite flexible regarding luggage size and weight. Also note that there is no check-in procedure for luggage items.
High-speed ferries to Santorini normally don't have cabins, but they have numbered airplane-type seats. There are cabins available on standard vessels of Blue Star Ferries, as well as numbered seats.
On Paros - Santorini ferries, you can travel with your pet free of charge. Bear in mind that each ferry company has its own pet policy.
Make sure to carry along all necessary pet health certificates, tickets and any supplies you may need for your trip.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Paros to Santorini
You can easily book cheap ferry tickets from Paros to Santorini on Ferryhopper at the same prices as ferry companies. Check all available ferry connections, compare companies and fares, and plan your trip in the Cyclades in no time!