How to get from Naples to Capri by ferry
Traveling from Naples to Capri is easy thanks to the 16 daily ferry crossings between the two destinations. Compare companies, prices and timetables for the Naples - Capri ferry route and book your tickets online.
Is there a ferry from Naples to Capri?
The Naples - Capri ferry route is active all year round with more than 16 daily ferry crossings with conventional ferries and high-speed boats (hydrofoils). This service is offered by 3 companies: Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG), Caremar and SNAV.
Please bear in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change from season to season. You can check our fare search engine for the latest ferry timetables and book your ferry tickets with no extra fees.
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Capri?
The duration of the ferry trip from Naples to Capri takes from 45 min to 1 hr 20 min, depending on the port of arrival and the type of boat (conventional ferry or hydrofoil). Please, keep in mind that travel time depends on weather conditions and the type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Capri?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Capri from Naples takes about 45 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
How much is the ferry from Naples to Capri?
The ferry ticket price from Naples to Capri is around €44. However, the ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on vehicle and seat selection, as well as available discounts.
Tip: some ferry companies offer discount tickets for children. You can also travel with your pet by ferry for an additional cost of around €5.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Capri?
The earliest ferry from Naples to Capri departs around 05:30 and arrives in Capri around 06:30. The latest departure is usually at 21:15 arriving in Capri around 22:30.
What’s the distance between Naples and Capri?
The distance between Naples and Capri is 15 nautical miles (approximately 28km).
Am I allowed to travel from Naples to Capri?
Yes, you can travel from Naples to Capri at the moment. However, travel guidelines may change. So, make sure to check the latest Covid-19 travel requirements before your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Capri?
The jutting Faraglioni rocks complementing the scenic view of the Mediterranean Sea
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Capri
Here are some important travel tips for your trip from Naples to Capri:
- During the busy months of July and August, it is advisable to arrive at the port of Naples at least an hour before boarding to avoid delays.
- Ferry times change frequently. Make sure to recheck the ferry timetable between Naples and Capri a few days before your departure.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the ferry company.
- From Capri, you can travel by ferry to the ports of Sorrento and Positano. With ferry crossings from Capri to Sorrento and from Capri to Positano, you can quickly and comfortably reach the Amalfi Coast and explore the breathtaking landscapes.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Capri
The port of Naples is located near the city center (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport. It is about 15km from Capodichino airport and only 10 min from the Naples central railway station.
High-speed boats (hydrofoils) to Capri leave from the Beverello pier, next to Piazza Municipio. Conventional ferries (allowing the transfer of vehicles) depart from the Calata Porta di Massa quay. You can easily reach it by taking the free shuttle service from Beverello pier.
Tip: in summer, ferries to Capri can also leave from Mergellina pier (only hydrofoils). This platform is located 300m from the Mergellina station.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- NLG allows only one piece of luggage weighing up to 5kg with a maximum size of 50x30x15cm. Suitcases, travel bags and backpacks are considered luggage.
- SNAV allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 9kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20cm with no extra fee.
- With Caremar, it is possible to carry 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 20kg on a conventional ferry and up to 10kg on a hydrofoil with a maximum size of 50x40x20cm at no extra cost.
Due to the short duration of the Naples - Capri ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the ferries. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Capri with a car?
From April to October, traffic on Capri is prohibited for motor vehicles (cars, motorcycles, etc.) except for permanent residents of the island.
Therefore, if you are not sure whether or not you can transfer your vehicle to Capri, it is recommended to contact your travel ferry company beforehand.
However, in case you can’t transfer your vehicle to the island, you can still explore the beautiful Capri! Getting around is very easy as the public transport network is efficient and covers the entire island. Alternatively, you can take a taxi or rent a scooter, boat or bicycle!