Traveling from Ios to Santorini by ferry
There are 2 to 4 daily ferry crossings from Ios to Santorini in high-season with tickets cost starting from 6€. Read our ferry guide with the latest information for this route.
Ferry schedules from Ios to Santorini*
Is there a ferry from Ios to Santorini?
Usually, there are 2 daily ferries by 4 ferry companies on the Ios to Santorini route during high season. There are both conventional and high-speed ferries on this route, operated mainly by the ferry companies Seajets, Zante Ferries, Blue Star Ferries, and Golden Star Ferries. Schedules can change depending on the season and the weather, but you can compare information and check real-time data on our fare search engine.
How long is the ferry ride from Ios to Santorini?
The ferry ride can be around 25 minutes with a high-speed vessel and around 1,5 hours with a conventional one.
How much is the ferry from Ios to Santorini?
The cost of a single ferry ticket starts at 6€ and can get up to 60€. The final ticket price depends on reductions, offers, seat type, vehicle selection, or the ferry company.
What's the ferry schedule from Ios to Santorini?
During high season there are 2 to 4 ferry crossings per day, while during the winter there are at least 7 weekly sailings on the Ios - Santorini route. The earliest ferry departure from Ios can be either at 01.00-02.00 or at around 12.00. The latest ferry usually departs from Ios between 17.30 to 18.30.
What's the distance between Ios and Santorini?
The distance between the port of Ios and Athinios port in Santorini is 21 nautical miles (around 38 km).
Am I allowed to travel from Ios to Santorini?
Yes, travel within Greek destinations is currently allowed. For the latest information on COVID-19 and ferry traveling in Greece please visit our relevant FAQ section.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Ios to Santorini?
On Ferryhopper you can find real-time ferry information for the crossing Ios-Santorini and book cheap ferry tickets online.
Breathtaking view from a balcony in Santorini.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Ios to Santorini
- The port of Ios can get quite busy during the summer months so we recommend arriving at least 45 minutes in advance of departure.
- Please keep in mind that the weather conditions might affect the duration of your ferry trip from Ios to Santorini, particularly if you travel with a high-speed vessel.
- For tips and info about Athinios port in Santorini visit our relevant blog post.
- On our dedicated destination page, you can find useful information about holidays in Santorini.
- We suggest reserving your accommodation in Santorini at least 4 months in advance as the availability can be limited - especially in the summer and Easter season.
- Check our Map of ferries to discover island-hopping options from Santorini to nearby islands such as Mykonos, Milos, Anafi, or Heraklion.
- For extra tips on this route, read our blog A Ferry(tale) to Santorini with insights into Santorini ferries.