Traveling from Sorrento to Capri by ferry
Sorrento is one of the most popular destinations for travellers who decide to visit South Italy, along with Naples and Pompeii. For those of you who want to spend a few days on the Sorrento peninsula, it is a great idea to plan an excursion to the island of Capri, with over 30 ferry daily ferry routes. Capri is a very cosmopolitan island and a favourite destination for visitors from all over the world. Ferryhopper will help you find all the information about the ferry routes to Capri and book your ferry tickets in just a few clicks!
How frequent is the ferry connection between Sorrento and Capri?
There are almost 35 daily ferry routes from the port of Sorrento to the island of Capri. The ferry companies that operate these crossings are SNAV, NLG and Alilauro.
How long is the ferry ride from Sorrento to Capri?
Capri is pretty close to the Italian coast and the duration of the ferry trip from the port of Sorrento is only 20 min.
What is the distance between Sorrento and Capri?
The distance between Sorrento and Capri is only 9 nautical miles (16 km).
Ferry tickets from Sorrento to Capri: Cost
The price of the ferry ticket for the trip from Sorrento to Capri is approximately 20 euros for single footing passengers. You can book your ferry tickets online in advance to avoid unavailability.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Sorrento to Capri?
You can plan your visit the luxury island of Capri, in just a few clicks! Check the Ferryhopper search engine, pick your preferred dates and book your ferry tickets for Capri from Sorrento.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Sorrento to Capri:
- The transfer from the port of Sorrento to Capri is made by catamarans. Keep in mind that motor vehicles are not allowed on this type of ferries.
- In July and August and during the weekends, it is recommended to get to the port an hour before boarding.
- Catamarans leave from the port of Marina Piccola in Sorrento. The port can be reached on foot from Piazza Tasso, or by the buses of the Cooperativa Tasso. There is also an elevator that connects the Villa Comunale of Sorrento with the port.
- To reach the historic centre of Capri you can use the ATC public service buses or the funicular, a small train that connects Marina Grande to Capri in 5 min and departures are approximately every 15 min.
- From Sorrento, you can also travel by ferry to Ischia, Naples and the Amalfi coast. Visit the Ferryhopper map of ferries to check all the available ferry routes.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer support!