Ferry from Sorrento to Capri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Sorrento to Capri?
Yes, you can easily reach Capri from Sorrento thanks to the several ferry crossings operated by 3 companies: NLG (Navigazione Libera del Golfo), SNAV and Alilauro.
There are up to 20 daily Sorrento - Capri ferry crossings, with more sailings during the summer.
What’s the ferry schedule from Sorrento to Capri?
The earliest ferry usually departs from the port of Sorrento at 07:15 and reaches Capri around 07:35. The latest ferry to Capri normally leaves Sorrento at 17:45, reaching the island around 18:00.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Sorrento to Capri?
Sorrento - Capri ferry tickets start at around €20. The final ticket price depends on discounts and offers, seat type, and vehicle selection.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Sorrento from Capri. Take a look at our ferry routes, find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper with no hidden fees.
Traveling from Sorrento to Capri by ferry is easy and comfortable, and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to available discounts. Some ferry companies have discounts and special offers for groups and residents, while infants and toddlers up to 2-3 years travel for free.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Sorrento to Capri?
The ferry ride from the port of Sorrento to Capri normally takes about 15-25 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Sorrento to Capri?
Yes, the Sorrento - Capri route is also operated by high-speed ferries and hydrofoils, reaching the island in just 15 min.
What’s the distance between Sorrento and Capri?
The distance between the port of Sorrento and Capri is around 9 nautical miles (approximately 16 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Capri from Sorrento
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Capri to Sorrento:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Sorrento at least 1 hr before your ferry trip, especially on weekends to avoid the crowds.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Sorrento to Capri may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper App!
- After your holidays in Capri, you can easily get to Naples, the capital of Campania. Have a look at the Capri - Naples ferry route!
- The Sorrento - Capri ferry tickets can be quite expensive during the high season. Therefore, it is better to check the Capri - Sorrento ferry itinerary to choose the one that best suits your needs and book a return ticket in advance.
- From Sorrento, you can also easily reach the beautiful islands of Ischia and Procida. So, go island hopping and hop on a ferry from Sorrento to Ischia or take the Sorrento - Procida ferry for an amazing day trip.
Where to take the ferry from Sorrento to Capri
The Sorrento - Capri ferries depart from the port of Marina Piccola, which is located a few steps from the historic center.
You can reach the port on foot from Piazza Tasso, or by bus. There is also an elevator that connects the Villa Comunale of Sorrento with the port.
In the area, you will find bars, restaurants, shops, and several paid parking lots for long or short stays.
Can I travel on the ferry from Sorrento to Capri with a car?
No, motor vehicles are not allowed on the Sorrento - Capri ferry crossing.
Remember that non-Capri residents are not permitted to drive cars, motorcycles, or mopeds from Easter to early November.
On the Sorrento - Capri ferries, each company has its own baggage policy:
- With NLG it is possible to bring on board only one piece of baggage with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15 cm and weighing 5 kg.
- SNAV and Alilauro allow passengers to bring on board a single piece of hand luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
Tip: please note that there is an extra fee for additional baggage or bags larger than those indicated by the companies.
As the trip is pretty short, there are no cabins on the ferry traveling from Sorrento to Capri. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Pets are welcome on ferries traveling to Capri from Sorrento. Therefore, you can safely travel with your pet, which must be included in the booking.
However, we advise you to contact the ferry company with which you are traveling for more information on the animal transport conditions and the required documents.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Sorrento to Capri
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Sorrento to Capri online on Ferryhopper. Check all available ferry schedules to Capri on our Map of ferries, compare prices, and book your ferry trip in no time!