Positano to Capri Ferry
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
How to get from Positano to Capri by ferry?
The Positano - Capri ferry route is seasonal and it is available with up to 7 daily connections from April until the end of October.
The route is operated by 3 companies: NLG, Alilauro and Positano Jet.
What’s the ferry schedule from Positano to Capri?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Capri departs at 08:50 and arrives at the port at about 09:30. The last ferry departs from Positano at 18:10, arriving in Capri at 18:40.
Tip: please note that the Positano to Capri ferry schedule is subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the crossing on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much does the ferry cost from Positano to Capri?
The tickets for the ferry from Positano to Capri cost about €23. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry from Positano to Capri. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by boat from Positano to Capri with lower-cost ferry tickets. Ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Large groups of travelers
- Permanent residents of islands
- Passengers over 60 years old
Note: infants up to 2 years travel for free.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Positano to Capri?
The Positano - Capri ferry crossing can take between 30 min to 1 hr, depending on the vessel type you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Positano to Capri?
Yes, the route from Positano to Capri is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest ferry from Positano reaches the port of Capri in about 30 min.
What’s the distance between Positano and Capri?
The distance between Positano and Capri is approximately 12 nautical miles (about 22 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Positano - Capri: useful tips for your trip
Before you board the ferry from Positano to Capri, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- We recommend that you arrive at the port of Positano at least 1 hr before your ferry trip, especially on weekends to avoid the crowds.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Positano to Capri may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
- After your holidays in Capri, you can easily get to Naples, the capital of Campania. Have a look at the Capri - Naples ferry route!
- Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, and get ready for your Positano - Capri ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Positano to Capri
Ferries to Capri leave from the Campanian port of Positano, which is close to the historic center and the central beach of Marina Grande.
Can I travel on the ferry from Positano to Capri with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the ferry to Capri from Positano. Also, keep in mind that the circulation of cars, motorcycles and mopeds in Capri is prohibited for non-residents from Easter until November.
Each company that operates on the Positano - Capri ferry route has different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolleys and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Handbags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
Given the short duration of the Positano - Capri route, there are no cabins on the ferries. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the boat to Capri from Positano. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket. Smaller animals must be kept in special carriers, while large-sized animals must be equipped with a muzzle and a leash.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Positano to Capri
On Ferryhopper, you can easily book ferry tickets to Capri. Find more information about the Positano to Capri ferry on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and explore nearby destinations!