Traveling from Positano to Capri by ferry
For those who are spending a few days on the Amalfi Coast, it is certainly worthy to plan a visit to the island of Capri. The island has so much to offer in every season of the year and is a favorite destination for tourists from all over the world. To reach Capri from the italian coast, you need to get to the port of Positano and take a catamaran. On Ferryhopper, you can find all the details about ferry routes and timetables in order to book cheap ferry tickets from Positano to Capri.
How frequent is the ferry connection between Positano and Capri?
The ferry connection of Positano and Capri is a very popular one with 3 daily and over 30 weekly sailings. The ferry companies that operate these crossings are NLG, Alilauro and Positano Jet.
How long is the ferry ride from Positano to Capri?
The duration of the ferry trip from the port of Positano to the island of Capri ranges from 25 to 50 min, depending on the ferry route that you choose.
What is the distance between Positano and Capri?
The ferry route from the port of Positano to the port of Capri is 12 nautical miles (22 km) long.
Ferry tickets from Positano to Capri: Cost
The ferry ticket price from Positano to Capri is around 20 euros. Even though it is possible to buy tickets directly at the port, we suggest that you buy your ferry tickets online in advance. Keep in mind that, motor vehicles are not allowed on catamarans from the Amalfi Coast to Capri.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Positano to Capri?
On Ferryhopper you can easily choose the solution you prefer to reach Capri from Positano. You only have to visit our search engine and you will find all the information you need about ferry schedules and ferry ticket prices.
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Positano to Capri:
- The ferry connection of Positano and Capri is operated only from early April until mid-October.
- One hand baggage is included in the catamaran ticket price. There is an extra fee for additional suitcases.
- In case of strong winds, flying dolphins are suspended. We, therefore, recommend that you always consult the announcements of the ferry companies.
- Children up to 3 years travel for free, while there are reductions for children up to 12 years.
- To reach the historic centre of Capri you can use the ATC public service buses or the funicular, a small train that connects Marina Grande to Capri in 5 minutes, and departures are approximately every 15 minutes.
- From the port of Positano, it is also possible to travel by ferry to Amalfi and Salerno.
- For further details about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer support!