Ferry from Salerno to Capri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salerno to Capri?
Yes, you can travel from Salerno to Capri by ferry thanks to seasonal routes operated by NLG (Navigazione Libera del Golfo)and Alicost.
The ferry route is active from April to October and is usually served 2-3 times a day.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Capri?
The first ferry to Capri usually departs from the port of Salerno at 07:50 and reaches its destination around 09:30. The last departure of the day is normally scheduled at 08:40, arriving in Capri around 11:00.
Tip: keep in mind that Salerno - Capri ferry timetables are subject to change depending on the season. Therefore, we recommend checking for updated schedules on our fare search engine.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Capri?
The price of a Salerno - Capri ferry ticket is around €26-27, but the cost may vary depending on the season.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Capri from Salerno. Find real-time information about available ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best prices.
Current offers are automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Infants and toddlers up to 2 or 3 years old travel for free. There are also discounts for children, groups and residents. The companies also offer discounts on return-trip bookings.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Capri?
The Salerno - Capri ferry trip ranges from 1.5 hr to 2 hr 20 min, depending on the operator and the type of vessel.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Capri?
The ferry connection between Salerno and Capri is also operated only by fast ferries. That fastest crossing to the island lasts about 1.5 hr.
What’s the distance between Salerno and Capri?
The distance between Salerno and Capri is 38 nautical miles (around 72 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Capri from Salerno
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Salerno to Capri:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Salerno 1 hr in advance, especially in high season and on weekends, to avoid overcrowding.
- In the event of very rough seas, ferry services can be suspended. Please make sure to always contact the company you are traveling with before the trip.
- Discover the best tips for your holiday in Capri on our dedicated travel guide.
- Want to save on your ferry tickets? Don’t forget to also book your return trip from Capri to Salerno!
- Find out the difference between a ferry and a hydrofoil, and choose which type of vessel suits you best for your trip to Capri.
- From Capri, you can also easily reach the ports of Sorrento and Positano. Take a look at the Capri - Sorrento and the Capri - Positano ferry routes.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Capri?
Normally, NLG ferries to Capri depart from Molo Manfredi, while Alicost ones leave from Molo Masuccio (in Piazza della Concordia square). The two piers are a 20-min walk from each other.
We recommend checking with the company about the exact departure pier, as it may vary.
Useful info: Molo Manfredi also hosts the famous shell-shaped maritime station designed by the architect Zaha Hadid, as well as various amenities including bars, pizzerias, megastores, and boutiques of all kinds.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Capri with a car?
No, you can’t embark your vehicle on ferries or hydrofoils serving the Salerno - Capri route, as they don’t have car decks.
You can leave your car in the paid parking lots close to the port area of Salerno.
Each ferry company traveling from Salerno to Capri has its own baggage allowance policy. More specifically:
- NLG allows passengers to bring 1 piece of luggage on board with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- With Alicost, you can carry 1 piece of luggage up to 50X35X20 cm in size and 9 kg in weight free of charge.
Bear in mind that an extra fee applies for any extra luggage or luggage exceeding the indicated dimensions.
As the trip duration is short, there are no cabins available on ferries traveling from Salerno to Capri. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Pets are welcome on all ferries from Salerno to Capri. You can travel with your pet as long as you include it in the booking and pay a small fee.
For more information on the documents and conditions required to travel with your pet, we recommend contacting the ferry company you travel with.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Capri
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Capri from Salerno easily and quickly. Find all available ferry crossings on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your ferry trip at the same prices as ferry companies!