Ferry from Salerno to Capri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Salerno to Capri?
The Salerno - Capri ferry route is seasonal and it is available with 20 weekly connections from April until the end of October.
The route is operated by 2 companies: NLG and Alicost.
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Capri?
The ferry trip from Salerno to Capri lasts about 1 hr 30 min, depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Capri?
Yes, the route from Salerno to Capri is also operated by fast ferries that reach the port of the island in 90 min.
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Capri?
The price of the ferry tickets to Capri from Salerno is about €25, depending on seasonality. Toddlers can travel for free, while there are discount tickets for children, groups and round trips.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Capri?
The first ferry to Capri departs from Salerno at 07:50 in the morning and arrives at 09:20. There is usually another ferry trip scheduled for 08:40, arriving in Capri at 10:00.
What’s the distance between Salerno and Capri?
The distance between Salerno and Capri is approximately 38 nautical miles (about 72km).
Am I allowed to travel from Salerno to Capri?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Salerno to Capri and get around the islands of the Gulf of Naples. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Capri?
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Salerno to Capri easily and quickly. Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and explore nearby destinations!
The beautiful port of Marina Grande in Capri
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Salerno to Capri
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride to Capri:
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Salerno early to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- Ferry times change often. Make sure to check them again a few days before your departure.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry trips are usually suspended. We suggest you always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- Ferries from Salerno to Capri allow you to travel with your pet.
- After your holidays in Capri, you can catch a ferry to Sorrento and Positano. Have a look at the Capri - Sorrento and Capri - Positano ferry routes and discover the Amalfi Coast!
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Capri
Ferries from Salerno to Capri depart from Molo Manfredi, which is about 50km from Naples. Nearby, you can find plenty of pubs, pizzerias and all kinds of boutiques.
Tip: here, you can visit the famous seashell-shaped maritime station, designed by Zaha Hadid.
The companies that operate on the ferry route from Salerno to Capri have similar policies for luggage:
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15cm and a maximum weight of 5kg.
- Alicost allows you to carry a single piece of luggage for free, with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20cm.
Given the short duration of the Salerno - Capri route, there are no cabins on the ferries. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Capri with a car?
You cannot bring your car on the ferry to Capri. There are paid parking lots located close to the port of Salerno where you can leave your vehicle.
Reminder: from Easter until the end of October, the circulation of cars, motorcycles and mopeds in Capri is usually prohibited for non-residents.