Ferry from Capri to Sorrento
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Capri to Sorrento?
There are normally more than 20 daily crossings from Capri to Sorrento throughout the year. The route is operated by ferries and hydrofoils, high-speed vessels that are smaller than conventional ferries.
Ferry services are usually provided by the companies Caremar, SNAV, Alilauro and Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG). Some of them operate the route only from April to October.
How long is the ferry ride from Capri to Sorrento?
The average ferry duration from Capri to Sorrento is about 30 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Capri to Sorrento?
The ferry route from Capri to Sorrento is operated by high-speed hydrofoils. The fastest boat to Sorrento takes just 20 min.
How much is the ferry from Capri to Sorrento?
Ferry prices from Capri to Sorrento start at approximately €17. Ticket cost can be lower or higher depending on the ferry company, season and vehicle selection.
Children get a reduced ticket price, while infants travel for free. You can also take your pet on board for an additional fee.
What’s the ferry schedule from Capri to Sorrento?
Ferry crossings from Capri to Sorrento take place every day all year long. The earliest ferry to Sorrento usually leaves the island at around 09:00 and arrives at 09:25. The latest departure from Capri is normally at midnight, with the ferry reaching Sorrento at about 00:30.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change. You can find real-time schedules, compare prices and companies, and book ferry tickets online from Capri to Sorrento on Ferryhopper.
What's the distance between Capri and Sorrento?
The distance between the island of Capri and the port of Sorrento is only 9 nautical miles (approximately 16km).
Am I allowed to travel from Capri to Sorrento?
Yes, traveling between Capri and Sorrento and within the Campania region is currently permitted. For the latest information about travel restrictions and requirements, you can check our blog post on Covid-19 and ferry trips in Italy.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Capri to Sorrento?
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Sorrento from Capri on Ferryhopper. See all the available routes on our Map of ferries and book your ferry trip to Sorrento online with no hidden fees.
Magnificent view of the Gulf of Sorrento from a terrace
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Capri to Sorrento
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Capri to Sorrento:
- The port of Capri can get quite busy in the summer and during weekends, so it is advisable to arrive at least 1 hr before departure.
- Strong winds may disrupt ferry services. You can contact the company you are traveling with to check if there are any changes to your ferry trip schedule.
- From Sorrento, you can easily travel by ferry to Naples and Positano. For more information, have a look at our ferry guides for the Sorrento - Naples and Sorrento - Positano routes.
- From the port of Sorrento you can reach the city center and the Circumvesuviana train station on foot (climbing a hundred steps) or by bus.
Where to take the ferry from Capri to Sorrento
Ferries and hydrofoils to Sorrento depart from the port of Marina Grande in the north of Capri. There is a funicular that can transfer you from the famous Piazzetta square in the town of Capri to the port in just a few minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Capri to Sorrento with a car?
You can travel from Capri to Sorrento with a vehicle only on the Caremar ferries.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy:
- Caremar permits 1 piece of carry-on luggage up to 20kg.
- Alilauro and SNAV allow passengers to bring 1 piece of luggage up to 50x35x20cm and 9kg.
- NLG allows 1 piece of luggage up to 50x30x15cm and 5kg.
Important note: additional charges apply if your luggage exceeds the company's baggage allowance.
Ferries from Capri to Sorrento do not have cabins, as the journey is very short.