Ferry from Capri to Sorrento
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Capri to Sorrento?
Yes, you can easily reach Sorrento from Capri in Italy, thanks to the year-round connections operated by NLG, SNAV and Alilauro.
During summer, there are usually up to 20 connections per day.
What’s the ferry schedule from Capri to Sorrento?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Sorrento departs from Capri at 08:00 and arrives at 08:20. The last departure is at 18:30, with the ferry arriving in Sorrento at 19:00.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Capri to Sorrento?
The price of a single Capri - Sorrento ferry ticket varies between €17 and €20. Depending on the company and crossing you’ve chosen, the final ticket price may vary.
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Sorrento on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Children up to 2-3 years old travel for free, while there are discounts for older children. Some companies also provide reduced fares for large groups and residents.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Capri to Sorrento?
The Capri - Sorrento ferry route lasts 20-25 min, depending on the company and itinerary you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Capri to Sorrento?
The route from Capri to Sorrento is also operated by fast hydrofoils and high-speed ferries. The fastest crossing to Sorrento lasts approximately 20 min.
What’s the distance between Capri and Sorrento?
The distance between Capri and Sorrento is around 9 nautical miles (approximately 16 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Sorrento from Capri
Here are some travel tips for your trip to Sorrento:
- During the summer and on weekends, we recommend arriving at the port of Capri well in advance to avoid delays and overcrowding.
- Ferry and hydrofoil services can be suspended, depending on the weather conditions. In such cases, we recommend that you consult the company that you’re traveling with.
- Add our Sorrento travel guide to your reading list and make the most of your trip!
- From Sorrento, there are direct connections to the beautiful islands of Ischia, Capri and Procida. Take a look at our Map of ferries and plan your next adventure!
- How about some exciting coast hopping by ferry in Naples and Amalfi? Read our guide and discover our recommended coast-hopping itineraries!
Where to take the ferry from Capri to Sorrento
Ferries to Sorrento depart from the port of Marina Grande in the north of Capri. There is a funicular that can transfer you from the famous Piazzetta square in the town of Capri to the port in just a few minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Capri to Sorrento with a car?
No, motor vehicles are not allowed on the ferries and hydrofoils traveling from Capri to Sorrento.
Each company operating on this route has different baggage allowance policies:
- On the ferries of Alilauro and SNAV, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
As the duration of the Capri - Sorrento route is rather short, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet, as long as it’s included in your booking.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Capri to Sorrento
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets to Sorrento from Capri hassle-free! Find real-time information about ferries to Sorrento and plan your trip without hidden fees!