Ferry from Sorrento to Positano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Sorrento to Positano?
The ferries that serve the route from Sorrento to Positano are daily from May to October. During summer, you can find up to 13 direct crossings per day.
The ferry companies that usually operate on this connection are Alilauro, NLG and Positano Jet.
Tip: please note that the Sorrento to Positano ferry timetable is subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the Sorrento - Positano crossing on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Sorrento to Positano?
Yes, traveling from Sorrento to Positano is possible. Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy and get ready for your trip!
What's the ferry schedule from Sorrento to Positano?
The Sorrento - Positano ferry connection is frequent with up to 13 daily sailings in the summer months.
The earliest ferry from Sorrento to Positano departs at 09:00, while the latest scheduled trip to Positano from Sorrento is at 17:10.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Sorrento to Positano?
The Sorrento to Positano ferry tickets start from €15.50. The final ticket price depends on vehicle selection, discounts, offers, and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Positano from Sorrento. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Ferry Sorrento - Positano: discounts
Traveling by boat from Sorrento to Positano is easy, comfortable and you can take advantage of lower-cost ferry tickets thanks to the available discounts. Ferry companies offer special discounts for specific passenger categories, including:
- Permanent residents
- Large groups of travelers
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Sorrento to Positano?
The Sorrento - Positano ferry trip duration is between 20 min and 1 hr 25 min. This depends on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Sorrento to Positano?
Yes, there is. In fact, you can travel with a high-speed hydrofoil ferry from Sorrento to Positano. The fastest ferry to Positano reaches the port in about 20 min.
What's the distance between Sorrento and Positano?
The distance between the port of Sorrento and Positano is 15 nautical miles (approximately 27 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Sorrento to Positano: useful tips for your trip
Before you board the ferry to Positano, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- As the port of Sorrento gets quite busy in summer, it is highly recommended that you arrive at least 1 hr before boarding.
- You can also catch a ferry to Positano from the ports of Naples, Amalfi, Capri, Ischia, Salerno, Castellammare di Stabia, and Vietri sul Mare.
- Traveling by ferry from Positano to other islands in the Gulf of Naples is easy. Take a look at the Positano - Ischia and Positano - Capri ferry routes on Ferryhopper and explore nearby destinations.
- If you decide to visit Positano just for the day, the latest Positano to Sorrento ferry departs around 18:00, so you’ll have plenty of time to explore the beauty of Positano.
- Check out our blog for useful information about your next coast-hopping adventure in Italy.
Where do ferries leave from Sorrento to Positano?
Ferries and hydrofoils to Positano depart from the port of Marina Piccola, which is located close to Sorrento’s historical center. There, you can find bars, restaurants, shops, and several paid parking lots for long or short-term stays.
You can reach the port of Marina Piccola by car, train or bus. Alternatively, you can take the Circumvesuviana railway line from Naples and arrive in Sorrento in about 1 hr.
Can I travel on the ferry from Sorrento to Positano with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the Sorrento - Positano hydrofoil. If you’re traveling to Positano by car, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Sorrento.
Each company that operates on the Sorrento - Positano ferry route has different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows 1 piece of luggage: suitcases, travel bags and backpacks with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15 cm and a weight that must not exceed 5 kg.
- With Alilauro, you can bring a single piece of luggage weighing less than 9 kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm.
- Positano Jet considers trolley bags and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Handbags and backpacks are free of charge.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed size/weight, companies apply an extra boarding fee.
There are no cabins in the hydrofoils operating the Sorrento - Positano ferry route, as the trip is short.
On Sorrento - Positano ferries, you can travel with your pet. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must have a muzzle and be on a leash.
Where can I book ferry tickets from Sorrento to Positano?
You can easily book ferry tickets to Positano on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the ferry to Positano from Sorrento on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!