Ferry from Ischia to Capri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Ischia to Capri?
There are usually about 2 daily ferry crossings from Ischia to Capri. This service is operated by 2 companies: Alilauro and Captain Morgan.
From April to September, Alilauro provides service between Ischia and Capri, while Captain Morgan also operates during the winter.
Tip: keep in mind that both companies are only available on certain days a week.
What’s the ferry schedule from Ischia to Capri?
The earliest ferry from Ischia to Capri departs at around 08:40 and arrives in Capri around 09:30. The latest departure is usually at 10:45, reaching the island around 11:30.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your travel time before your trip.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Ischia to Capri?
The price of a single Ischia - Capri ferry ticket is around €23.
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Capri on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without hidden fees.
Children up to 2 years old travel for free, while there are year-round discounts for those up to the age of 12. Some companies also provide reduced fares for large groups and for round-trip tickets.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Ischia to Capri?
The duration of the ferry from the port of Ischia to Capri is around 40-50 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Ischia to Capri?
Yes, the Ischia - Capri route is also operated by high-speed ferries and hydrofoils, reaching the island in just 40 min.
What’s the distance between Ischia and Capri?
The distance between Ischia and Capri is 18 nautical miles (about 30 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Capri from Ischia
Here are some important travel tips for your trip from Ischia to Capri:
- During the summer months, it is preferable to arrive at the port of Ischia at least 1 hr before boarding to avoid delays.
- Ferry times change frequently. Make sure to check the ferry timetable from Ischia to Capri again a few days before your departure.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- You can also take a ferry from Ischia to Procida and visit all the islands of the Gulf of Naples.
- Add our Capri travel guide to your reading list and make the most of your trip!
Where to take the ferry from Ischia to Capri
The ferries from Ischia to Capri leave from 3 ports: Ischia port, Casamicciola and Forio.
Tip: Captain Morgan's ferries also leave from the small marina of Lacco Ameno.
Can I travel on the ferry from Ischia to Capri with a car?
Hydrofoils and high-speed ferries operating between Ischia and Capri do not carry motor vehicles. With Alilauro, you can transport your bicycle or electric scooter (extra charge € 6.50).
Each ferry company from Ischia to Capri has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, passengers can have 1 piece of luggage up to 50x35x20 cm. The limit for carry-on luggage is up to 9 kg.
- On Captain Morgan ferries, passengers can bring a single luggage with maximum dimensions of 40x30x15 cm and weighing up to 5 kg.
Tip: please note that ferry companies charge fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Given the short duration of the Ischia - Capri route, there are no cabins on the vessels. Only standard seats are available on this ferry route.
Pets are welcome on ferries traveling to Capri from Ischia. Therefore, you can safely travel with your pet, which must be included in the booking.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Ischia to Capri
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets to Capri from Ischia hassle-free! Find real-time information about all ferry routes on our Map of ferries and plan your next trip to Italy!