Ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento?
Yes, you can easily reach Sorrento from Amalfi in Italy, thanks to the seasonal connections operated by NLG, Alilauro and Seremar. There are usually up to 7 connections per day.
What’s the ferry schedule from Amalfi to Sorrento?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Sorrento departs from Amalfi at 10:55 in the morning and arrives at noon. The last departure is at 17:05, with the ferry arriving in Sorrento at 18:25.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento?
The price of a single Amalfi - Sorrento ferry ticket varies between €17 and €19. Depending on the company and crossing you’ve chosen, the final ticket price may vary.
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Sorrento on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Children up to 2-3 years old travel for free, while there are year-round discounts for those up to the age of 12. Some companies also provide reduced fares for large groups and residents.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Amalfi to Sorrento?
The Amalfi - Sorrento ferry route lasts 45 min to 1 hr 20 min, depending on the company and itinerary you’ve chosen.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento?
The route from Amalfi to Sorrento is also operated by fast hydrofoils. The fastest crossing to Sorrento lasts approximately 45 min.
What’s the distance between Amalfi and Sorrento?
The distance between Amalfi and Sorrento is around 10 nautical miles (approximately 19 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Sorrento from Amalfi
Here are some travel tips for your trip to Sorrento:
- During the summer and on weekends, we recommend arriving at the port of Amalfi well in advance to avoid delays and overcrowding.
- Ferry and hydrofoil services can be suspended, depending on the weather conditions. In such cases, we recommend that you consult the company that you’re traveling with.
- Add our Sorrento travel guide to your reading list and make the most of your trip!
- From Sorrento, there are direct connections to the beautiful islands of Ischia, Capri and Procida. Take a look at our Map of ferries and plan your next adventure!
- How about some exciting coast hopping by ferry in Naples and Amalfi? Read our guide and discover our recommended coast-hopping itineraries!
- Take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, and get ready for your Amalfi - Sorrento ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento
Ferries and hydrofoils to Sorrento depart from Molo Cassone, located at the beautiful port of Amalfi. You can easily get there on foot from the city center.
Can I travel on the ferry from Amalfi to Sorrento with a car?
No, motor vehicles are not allowed on the ferries and hydrofoils traveling from Amalfi to Sorrento. If you choose to reach Amalfi by car, you can leave your car in a paid parking lot for about €2-5 per hr.
Each company operating on this route has different baggage allowance policies:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- With Seremar, you can bring along 10 kg of luggage, as long as it's smaller than 50x30x15 cm.
As the duration of the Amalfi - Sorrento route is rather short, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Alternatively, onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
For around €4, you can book a pet ticket for the Amalfi - Sorrento route and safely travel with your little friend.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Amalfi to Sorrento
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets to Sorrento from Amalfi hassle-free! Find real-time information about ferries to Sorrento and plan your trip without hidden fees!