Ferry from Amalfi to Capri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Amalfi to Capri?
The Amalfi - Capri ferry route is seasonal and it is available with 5 daily crossings from April to October.
The route is operated by 3 companies: Alicost, NLG and Positano Jet.
How long is the ferry ride from Amalfi to Capri?
The ferry trip from Amalfi to Capri lasts about 50 min to 1 hr, depending on the company and the type of vessel you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Amalfi to Capri?
Yes, the connections from Amalfi to Capri are also operated by fast ferries that reach the port of the island in 50 min.
How much is the ferry from Amalfi to Capri?
The price of the ferry tickets to Capri from Amalfi is about €25, depending on seasonality. Toddlers can travel for free, while there are discount tickets for children.
Tip: you can also travel with your pet by ferry for an extra boarding fee.
What’s the ferry schedule from Amalfi to Capri?
As of now, the first ferry to Capri leaves from Amalfi around 09:00 in the morning and arrives at 10:00. The last ferry usually departs at 16:25, arriving in Capri at 17:15.
What’s the distance between Amalfi and Capri?
The distance between Amalfi and Capri is approximately 17 nautical miles (about 33km).
Am I allowed to travel from Amalfi to Capri?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Amalfi to Capri and get around the islands of the Gulf of Naples. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Amalfi to Capri?
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Amalfi to Capri easily and quickly. Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and explore nearby destinations!
View of the Port of Capri in Italy
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Amalfi to Capri
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride to Capri:
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Amalfi early to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- Ferry times change often. Make sure to check them again a few days before your departure.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry and hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- After your holidays in Capri, you can catch a ferry to Naples, the capital of Campania. Have a look at the Capri - Naples ferry route on Ferryhopper!
Where to take the ferry from Amalfi to Capri
Ferries and hydrofoils to Capri depart from Molo Cassone, located at the port of Amalfi. You can walk to the port from the city center.
The companies that operate on the Amalfi - Capri ferry route have different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15cm and a maximum weight of 5kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolleys and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Hand bags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
- Alicost allows you to carry a single piece of luggage for free, with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20cm.
Given the short duration of the Amalfi - Capri route, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Amalfi to Capri with a car?
You cannot bring your car on the ferries and hydrofoils to Capri. Instead, you can leave your vehicle in a parking lot right before you depart for Capri.
Reminder: from Easter until the beginning of November, the circulation of cars, motorcycles and mopeds in Capri is prohibited for non-residents.