Ferry from Amalfi to Capri
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a direct ferry from Amalfi to Capri?
The Amalfi - Capri ferry route is seasonal and it is available with up to 9 daily crossings from April to October. The route is operated by 3 companies: NLG, Alilauro and Positano Jet.
Tip: please note that the Amalfi to Capri ferry timetable is subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the crossing on Ferryhopper.
Am I allowed to travel from Amalfi to Capri?
Yes, it is possible to travel from Amalfi to Capri and get around the islands of the Gulf of Naples. Before planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
What’s the ferry schedule from Amalfi to Capri?
As of now, the earliest ferry from Amalfi to Capri departs around 09:00 in the morning and arrives at 10:00. The latest ferry usually departs at 16:25, arriving in Capri at 17:15.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Amalfi to Capri?
The Amalfi to Capri ferry tickets start at €23.50. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the Amalfi - Capri ferry route. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Ferry Amalfi - Capri discounts
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by ferry from Amalfi to Capri with lower-cost ferry tickets. Ferry companies offer special discounts for specific passenger categories, including:
- Permanent residents
- Large groups of travelers
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Amalfi to Capri?
The ferry trip from Amalfi to Capri lasts about 50 min to 1 hr, depending on the company and the type of vessel you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Amalfi to Capri?
Yes, the connections from Amalfi to Capri are also operated by high-speed ferries. The fastest ferry to Capri reaches the port in about 50 min.
What’s the distance between Amalfi and Capri?
The distance between Amalfi and Capri is approximately 17 nautical miles (about 33 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Amalfi to Capri: useful tips for your trip
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride to Capri:
- In the busy months of July and August, we suggest you arrive at the port of Amalfi early to avoid delays. The same applies to ferry trips on weekends.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Amalfi to Capri may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track your ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper app!
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry and hydrofoil services are usually suspended. We suggest you always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- After your holidays in Capri, you can catch a ferry to Naples, the capital of Campania. Have a look at the Capri - Naples ferry route on Ferryhopper!
- If you decide to visit Capri just for the day, the latest Capri to Amalfi ferry departs at 18:00, so you’ll have plenty of time to swim in Capri’s crystal clear waters.
Can I travel on the ferry from Amalfi to Capri with a car?
You cannot bring your car on the ferries and hydrofoils to Capri. Instead, you can leave your vehicle in a parking lot right before you depart for Capri.
Reminder: from Easter until the beginning of November, the circulation of cars, motorcycles and mopeds in Capri is prohibited for non-residents.
Where to take the ferry from Amalfi to Capri
Ferries and hydrofoils to Capri depart from Molo Cassone, located at the port of Amalfi. You can walk to the port from the city center.
The companies that operate on the Amalfi - Capri ferry route have different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolleys and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Hand bags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm and a weight not exceeding 9 kg.
Given the short duration of the Amalfi - Capri route, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the boat from Amalfi to Capri. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket. Smaller animals must be kept in special carriers, while large-sized animals must be equipped with a muzzle and a leash.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Amalfi to Capri?
You can easily book ferry tickets to Capri on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the ferry to Capri from Amalfi on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!