Ferry from Positano to Ischia
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Positano to Ischia?
Yes, you can catch a ferry from Positano to Ischia in the summer months thanks to seasonal routes operated by Alicost.
The connection is active daily from mid-June to the end of September with 1 crossing in the morning.
What’s the ferry schedule from Positano to Ischia?
The daily ferry to Ischia departs from Positano at 08:50 and arrives in the island’s port (Ischia Porto) around 10:50.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Positano to Ischia?
Positano - Ischia ferry tickets cost around €25. The fare is usually fixed, but there are some discounts available.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all current offers for the ferry trip to Ischia from Positano. Find real-time information about available ferry routes, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at the best prices.
Infants and toddlers up to 3 years old travel for free, while children from 4 to 12 years old travel with discount tickets. There are also discounts for groups.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Positano to Ischia?
The Positano - Ischia ferry trip takes approximately 2 hr.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Positano to Ischia?
The ferry connection between Positano and Ischia is operated only by fast hydrofoils.
What’s the distance between Positano and Ischia?
The distance between Positano and Ischia is 29 nautical miles (around 53 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Ischia from Positano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Positano to Ischia:
- We recommend arriving at the port of Positano well in advance, especially in high season and on weekends, to avoid overcrowding.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry services are usually suspended. Please make sure to always consult with the company you are traveling with.
- Keep in mind that hydrofoils traveling to Ischia from Positano reach the main port of Ischia Porto, which is just a few meters from the center of the island.
- Discover the beautiful Ischia with our dedicated travel guide.
- After spending a few days in Ischia, you can continue your adventure in the nearby islands of Capri and Procida. Take a look at the Ischia - Capri and the Ischia - Procida ferry routes.
- For the latest information on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, you can check our relevant post.
Where to take the ferry from Positano to Ischia?
Ferries to Ischia depart from the only pier in the small port of Positano, located very close to the historic center and the beach of Marina Grande.
Near the port, there are bars, restaurants, boat rentals, and nightclubs. Most shops are located in the town-center streets which lead to the upper part of the town.
Can I travel on the ferry from Positano to Ischia with a car?
No, you can’t embark your vehicle on Positano - Ischia ferries.
On Alicost ferries, you can bring along 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm and a maximum weight of 9 kg.
Given the short duration of the Positano - Ischia route, there are no cabins available on the vessels.
On Positano - Ischia hydrofoils, you can travel safely with your pet, which must be included in the booking.
Keep in mind that only small- and medium-sized pets are allowed on board. When it comes to pets of particularly large size, boarding may be denied or accepted provided that they don't cause nuisance or damage to other passengers.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Positano to Ischia
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets to Ischia from Positano easily and quickly. Find all available ferry crossings on our Map of ferries, compare schedules and fares, and plan your ferry trip in the Amalfi Coast at the same prices as ferry companies!