Ferry from Naples to Positano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a direct ferry from Naples to Positano?
There are several weekly crossings to Positano from April to October. This service is offered by the companies Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG), Positano Jet and Alilauro.
Tip: please note that the Naples to Positano ferry timetable is subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the route on Ferryhopper.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Positano?
The Naples to Positano ferry route is only available from April to the end of October, with ferry frequency depending on the companies that are in operation. Still, you can normally find daily departures during those months.
As of now, the earliest Naples ferry to Positano departs at 08:30. The last departure is at 15:55, with the ferry reaching Positano at approximately 16:35.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Positano?
The Naples to Positano ferry tickets start from around €25-€35. However, the ticket cost can be higher or lower depending on seat selection and available discounts.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry from Naples to Positano. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Ferry Naples - Positano: discounts
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by boat from Naples to Positano with lower-cost ferry tickets. There are year-round special discounts for specific passenger categories, including:
- Children from 2 to 12 years old
Note: infants up to 2 years old that do not occupy an individual seat travel for free.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Positano?
The Naples - Positano ferry trip duration is between 40 min and 2 hr. Please, keep in mind that travel time depends on weather conditions and the type of ferry.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Positano?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Positano from Naples takes around 40 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
What’s the distance between Naples and Positano?
The distance between Naples and Positano is 27 nautical miles (approximately 50 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Naples to Positano: useful tips for your trip
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Naples to Positano:
- Especially during July and August, it is advisable to arrive at the port of Naples at least 1 hr before boarding.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Naples to Positano may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time on the Ferryhopper App!
- After you visit the extraordinary Positano, you can continue your adventure to the islands of the Gulf of Naples. Take a look at the Positano - Capri or Positano - Ischia ferry connections for an unforgettable stay in Italy!
- If you decide to visit Positano just for the day, keep in mind that the latest ferry from Positano to Naples departs around 16:30.
- Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy, and get ready for your Naples - Positano ferry trip!
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Positano
The port of Naples is located near the city center (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport. It is about 15 km from Capodichino airport and only 10 min from the Naples central railway station.
Ferries and hydrofoils to Positano leave from the Beverello pier in the port of Naples. You can reach the pier on foot, by taxi, bus or metro.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Positano with a car?
Unfortunately, vessels that travel from Naples to Positano do not transport vehicles. However, if you are traveling with a vehicle, you can take advantage of the paid parking lots near the port of Naples. They are mostly inexpensive and offer a free shuttle service to passenger terminals.
For the Naples - Positano route, luggage allowance policies vary depending on the operator. Specifically:
- NLG allows 1 piece of luggage up to 50x30x15 cm in size. The limit for carry-on luggage is up to 5 kg. Suitcases, travel bags and backpacks are considered luggage.
- With Positano Jet, you can bring only 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 55x40x20 cm (costing €2). Handbags and backpacks can be carried free of charge.
- Alilauro allows only carry-on luggage with a weight limit of 9 kg and a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm at no extra cost.
Tip: please note that the ferry company charges fees for additional baggage and baggage exceeding the size and/or weight policy.
Due to the short duration of the Naples - Positano ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the boats. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Positano
You can easily book ferry tickets to Positano on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the ferry from Naples to Positano on our Map of ferries, compare prices and schedules, and plan your trip with ease!