Ferry from Amalfi to Positano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Amalfi to Positano?
Yes, you can travel from Amalfi to Positano by ferry. The Amalfi - Positano ferry route is seasonal and is available with up to 18 daily connections from April to October.
The connection is operated by 5 ferry companies: NLG, Travelmar, Positano Jet, Alilauro, and Seremar.
What’s the ferry schedule from Amalfi to Positano?
Usually, the first ferry from Amalfi to Positano departs at 08:55 in the morning and arrives at its destination at 09:15. The last ferry is scheduled for 20:00, arriving in Positano at about 20:15.
Note: bear in mind that ferry timetables are subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the Amalfi - Positano route on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Amalfi to Positano?
The price of the ferry tickets to Positano from Amalfi starts at €9-€11. The final cost depends on seasonality, available discounts, and the type of vessel you travel with.
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Positano from Amalfi on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and companies, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper easily and quickly.
Current offers will be automatically applied when booking your ferry tickets.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel from Amalfi to Positano by ferry with lower-cost ferry tickets. Infants and toddlers up to 2-3 years old can travel to Positano for free, while children 3 to 12 years old are entitled to a 50% discount.
Bear in mind that available discounts may vary from one ferry company to another.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Amalfi to Positano?
The duration of the ferry trip from Amalfi to Positano takes between 15 min and 30 min, depending on the company and type of vessel.
Tip: remember that you can always check any changes and track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Amalfi to Positano?
Yes, the route from Amalfi to Positano is also operated by high-speed ferries, with the fastest crossing reaching the port in about 15 min.
What’s the distance between Amalfi and Positano?
The distance between Amalfi and Positano is approximately 5 nautical miles (about 10 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Amalfi to Positano
Have a look at some helpful tips for your ferry ride to Positano:
- The port of Amalfi can get quite busy during the high season, so we recommend arriving there at least 45 min before departure.
- In case of severe weather conditions, ferry trips are usually suspended. We suggest you contact the company you are traveling with before your trip.
- Once you reach Positano, you can continue your adventure and explore the islands nearby. Discover the Positano - Capri ferry route or hop on the Positano - Ischia ferry to explore the volcanic islands in the Gulf of Naples!
- Find the best tips for your vacation in Positano in our dedicated travel guide.
- Check out the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your Amalfi - Positano ferry trip.
Where to take the ferry from Amalfi to Positano
Ferries and hydrofoils to Positano depart from Molo Cassone, located in the beautiful port of Amalfi. You can easily get there on foot from the city center.
Can I travel on the ferry from Amalfi to Positano with a car?
No, you can't bring your car on ferries that travel to Positano from Amaldi. There are paid parking lots where you can leave your vehicle before your departure. For example, in the port area, you can find the Berma Portuale parking lot, the largest one in Amalfi.
Each company that operates on the ferry route from Amalfi to Positano has different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows suitcases, travel bags, and backpacks with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolley bags and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, and applies an additional fee of €2. Handbags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
- On the ferries of Travelmar, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20 cm.
- With Seremar, you can bring along 10 kg of luggage, as long as it's not bigger than 50x30x15 cm.
- On Alilauro ferries, passengers can have 1 piece of luggage up to 50x35x20 cm. The luggage weight limit is 9 kg.
Reminder: for any additional luggage or luggage that exceeds the proposed size/weight, companies usually apply an extra fee.
Given the short duration of the Amalfi - Positano trip, there are no cabins available on the ferries. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
For around €4, you can book a pet ticket for the Amalfi - Positano ferry route and safely travel with your little friend.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Amalfi to Positano
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Amalfi to Positano at the same prices as ferry companies. Discover all available routes on our Map of ferries, compare ferry schedules, companies and prices, and book your trip across the Amalfi Coast hassle-free today!