Ferry from Amalfi to Positano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Amalfi to Positano?
The Amalfi - Positano ferry route is seasonal and it is available with about 10 daily connections from April to October.
The route is operated by 3 companies: NLG, Travelmar and Positano Jet.
How long is the ferry ride from Amalfi to Positano?
The duration of the ferry trip from Amalfi to Positano is about 15-25 min, depending on the company and type of vessel you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Amalfi to Positano?
Yes, the route from Amalfi to Positano is also operated by fast ferries that reach the port in about 15 min.
How much is the ferry from Amalfi to Positano?
The price of the ferry tickets to Positano from Amalfi is about €20. The final cost varies depending on seasonality, available discounts and the type of vessel you’ve chosen.
Tip: toddlers can travel for free, while there are discount tickets for children.
What’s the ferry schedule from Amalfi to Positano?
Usually, the first ferry from Amalfi to Positano departs at 09:20 in the morning and arrives at its destination at 09.45. The last ferry is scheduled for 18:00, arriving in Positano at about 18:25.
What’s the distance between Amalfi and Positano?
The distance between Amalfi and Positano is approximately 5 nautical miles (about 10km).
Am I allowed to travel from Amalfi to Positano?
Yes, traveling from Amalfi to Positano is currently possible. Before planning your ferry trip, take a look at the latest updates on COVID-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your journey.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Amalfi to Positano?
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Amalfi to Positano with just a few clicks! Find all the details about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan your trip with ease!
The colorful houses of Positano
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Amalfi to Positano
Have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride to Positano:
- Make sure to check the ferry schedules before your trip, as they change often.
- In case of hazardous weather conditions, ferry trips are usually suspended. We suggest you consult with the company you are traveling with.
- Ferries from Amalfi to Positano allow you to travel with your pet.
- Once you reach Positano, you can continue your adventure and explore the islands of the Gulf of Naples. Discover the Positano - Capri and Positano - Ischia ferry routes on Ferryhopper!
Where to take the ferry from Amalfi to Positano
Ferries to Positano depart from Molo Cassone, located at the port of Amalfi. You can walk to the port from the city center.
Each company that operates on the ferry route from Amalfi to Positano has different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows suitcases, travel bags and backpacks with maximum dimensions of 50x30x15cm and a weight that must not exceed 5kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolley bags and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Handbags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
- On the ferries of Travelmar, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20cm.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed size/weight, companies usually apply an extra boarding fee.
Given the short duration of the Amalfi - Positano trip, there are no cabins available on the ferries. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Amalfi to Positano with a car?
You cannot bring your car on the ferry to Positano. There are paid parking lots where you can leave your vehicle right before your departure.