Ferry from Capri to Positano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Capri to Positano?
Yes, you can easily reach Positano from Capri in Italy, thanks to the seasonal connections operated by NLG, Alicost and Positano Jet.
The ferry route is active from April until the end of October and there are usually up to 7 daily crossings between Capri and Positano.
What’s the ferry schedule from Capri to Positano?
Usually, the earliest ferry to Positano departs from Capri at 09:30 and arrives at 10:00. The last departure is at 18:00, with the ferry arriving in Positano at 18:30.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Capri to Positano?
The price of a single Capri - Positano ferry ticket starts at €21. Depending on the company and crossing you’ve chosen, the final ticket price may vary.
Keep in mind that there is also a disembarkation fee for your arrival on the island of Capri (around €2.50).
Discover the best available offers for your trip to Positano on Ferryhopper. Find real-time information about our ferry routes in Italy, compare fares and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Children up to 2 years old travel for free, while there are year-round discounts for those up to the age of 12. Some companies also provide reduced fares for large groups and residents.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Capri to Positano?
The Capri - Positano ferry route lasts about 30 min.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Capri to Positano?
The route from Capri to Positano is operated by fast ferries. The fastest crossing to Positano lasts approximately 30 min.
What’s the distance between Capri and Positano?
The distance between Capri and Positano is around 12 nautical miles (approximately 22 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip to Positano from Capri
Here are some travel tips for your trip to Positano:
- During the summer and on weekends, we recommend arriving at the port of Capri well in advance to avoid delays and overcrowding.
- Ferry and hydrofoil services can be suspended, depending on the weather conditions. In such cases, we recommend that you consult the company that you’re traveling with.
- Add our Positano travel guide to your reading list and make the most of your trip!
- How about some exciting coast hopping by ferry in Naples and Amalfi? Read our guide and discover our recommended coast-hopping itineraries!
Where to take the ferry from Capri to Positano
Ferries to Positano depart from the port of Marina Grande in the north of Capri. There is a funicular that can transfer you from the famous Piazzetta square in the town of Capri to the port in just a few minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Capri to Positano with a car?
No, motor vehicles are not allowed on the ferries and hydrofoils traveling from Capri to Positano.
Each company operating on this route has different baggage allowance policies:
- NLG allows passengers to carry 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a maximum weight of 5 kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolleys and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Handbags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
- Alicost allows you to carry a single piece of luggage up to 9 kg, with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20 cm.
As the duration of the Capri - Positano route is rather short, there are no cabins on the ferries and hydrofoils.
You can travel with your pet, as long as it’s included in your booking.
As pet policies and amenities may vary, make sure to contact the company you’re traveling with for additional information.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Capri to Positano
On Ferryhopper, you can book your ferry tickets to Positano from Capri hassle-free! Find real-time information about ferries to Positano and plan your trip without hidden fees!