Ferry from Capri to Positano
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Capri to Positano?
Ferry sailings from Capri to Positano are normally available several times per day from April to October. The route is usually operated by the ferry companies Alilauro, Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG) and Positano Jet.
Please note that ferry timetables are subject to change. You can find real-time schedules, compare prices and book ferry tickets online from Capri to Positano on Ferryhopper.
How long is the ferry ride from Capri to Positano?
Ferry duration from Capri to Positano ranges from 30-40 min. Travel time depends on the ferry company.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Capri to Positano?
Yes, there are high-speed ferries traveling from Capri to Positano. The fastest ferry takes about 30 min.
How much is the ferry from Capri to Positano?
Ferry prices from Capri to Positano start at approximately €20. Ticket cost can be lower or higher depending on the ferry company and available discounts.
Children get a reduced ticket price, while there are also dicounts for group bookings. On some crossings, you can take your pet on board for an additional fee.
What’s the ferry schedule from Capri to Positano?
Ferry crossings from Capri to Positano usually take place daily from April to October. The earliest ferry to Positano normally leaves the island at 09:30 and arrives at around 10:00. The latest departure from Capri is usually at 19:00, with the ferry reaching Positano at about 19:30.
What's the distance between Capri and Positano?
The distance between the island of Capri and the port of Positano is about 12 nautical miles (approximately 22km).
Am I allowed to travel from Capri to Positano?
Yes, you can currently travel from Capri to Positano and between the villages on the Amalfi Coast. For the latest information about travel restrictions and requirements, you can check our blog post on Covid-19 and ferry trips in Italy.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Capri to Positano?
You can book cheap ferry tickets to Positano from Capri on Ferryhopper. See all the available connections on our Map of ferries and book your ferry trip to Positano online at no extra cost.
Picturesque alley in Positano
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Capri to Positano
Here are some travel tips for your trip from Capri to Positano:
- The port of Capri can get quite busy in the summer and during weekends, so it is advisable to arrive at least 1 hr before departure.
- Strong winds may disrupt ferry services. You can contact the company you are traveling with to check if there are any changes to your ferry trip schedule.
- From Positano, you can easily travel by ferry to other beautiful destinations on the coast, such as Amalfi, Castellammare di Stabia and Vietri sul Mare. Take advantage of the available ferry connections and avoid seasonal road traffic!
Where to take the ferry from Capri to Positano
Ferries to Positano depart from the port of Marina Grande in the north of Capri. There is a funicular that can transfer you from the famous Piazzetta square in the town of Capri to the port in just a few minutes.
Can I travel on the ferry from Capri to Positano with a car?
Ferries operating between Capri and Positano do not carry vehicles.
Each ferry company has its own baggage allowance policy:
- Alilauro allows you to bring 1 piece of luggage up to 50x35x20cm and 9kg. Additional charges apply if your luggage exceeds the company's baggage allowance.
- NLG allows 1 piece of luggage up to 50x30x15cm and 5kg. Additional charges apply if your luggage exceeds the company's baggage allowance.
- Positano Jet allows you to take hand bags and backpacks on board free of charge. An additional fee of €2 applies to all types of suitcases regardless of weight and size.
Ferries from Capri to Positano do not have cabins, as the journey is very short.