Salerno to Positano Ferry
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
How to get from Salerno to Positano by ferry?
You can travel from Salerno to Positano by ferry from April to October. There are several daily crossings and the route is usually serviced by 3 ferry companies: NLG, Travelmar and Positano Jet.
Am I allowed to travel from Salerno to Positano?
Yes, traveling from Salerno to Positano is possible. As you start planning your trip, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Salerno to Positano?
The Salerno - Positano ferry route is seasonal. As of now, the earliest ferry to Positano departs at 08:20 and arrives at the port around 09:00. The latest ferry is scheduled for 16:40 and usually arrives in Positano at 18:25.
Please note that the Salerno to Positano ferry schedule is subject to change depending on the season. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the crossing on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Salerno to Positano?
The tickets for the ferry from Salerno to Positano cost about €14. The final ticket price depends on discounts, offers and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the Salerno to Positano ferry. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by ferry from Salerno to Positano with lower-cost ferry tickets. Ferry companies offer discounts up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Large groups of travelers
- Passengers over 60 years old
Note: infants up to 2 years travel for free.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Salerno to Positano?
The duration of the Salerno - Positano ferry trip is 45 min to 1 hr 45 min, depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Salerno to Positano?
Yes, the crossings from the port of Salerno to that of Positano are operated by fast ferries. The fastest ferry to Positano makes the trip in 45 min.
What’s the distance between Salerno and Positano?
The distance between Salerno and Positano is approximately 15 nautical miles (about 27 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Salerno - Positano ferry: useful tips for your trip
Before you board the ferry from Salerno to Positano, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- If you wish to travel in July or August, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Salerno at least 1 hr in advance to avoid delays. This also applies to ferry trips during the weekends.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Salerno to Positano may change. Always check for any last-minute changes before your departure.
- In case of bad weather conditions, ferry services are suspended. We suggest you consult the ferry company you are traveling with.
- From Positano, you can continue your adventure and explore the Gulf of Naples. Take a look at the Positano - Ischia and Positano - Capri ferry routes on Ferryhopper and explore nearby destinations.
- If you decide to visit Positano just for the day, the latest ferry from Positano to Salerno departs at 18:30, so you’ll have plenty of time to explore the beauty of Positano.
Where to take the ferry from Salerno to Positano
Normally, NLG ferries from Salerno to Positano depart from Molo Manfredi, while Travelmar and Positano Jet ferries depart from Piazza della Concordia (Molo Masuccio). The two piers are 20 min apart on foot. We always recommend that you check with the ferry operator about departure gates, as they may change.
Tip: here, you can visit the famous seashell-shaped maritime station, designed by Zaha Hadid.
Can I travel on the ferry from Salerno to Positano with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the ferry to Positano and the Amalfi Coast. Luckily, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Salerno.
Each ferry company serving the Salerno - Positano ferry route has different policies for luggage:
- NLG allows passengers to carry a single piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm and a weight that must not exceed 5 kg.
- Positano Jet considers trolleys and all types of suitcases to be luggage, regardless of weight and size, with an additional fee of €2. Handbags and backpacks are allowed free of charge.
- On the ferries of Travelmar, each passenger is entitled to 1 piece of luggage with a maximum size of 45x35x20 cm.
Given the short duration of the Salerno - Positano ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the vessels. However, onboard seats are included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the ferry to Positano from Salerno. In order to be allowed on board, all pets should hold a ticket. Smaller animals must be kept in special carriers, while large-sized animals must be equipped with a muzzle and a leash.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Salerno to Positano?
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Salerno to Positano quickly, without hidden fees! Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!