Ferry from Naples to Sorrento
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a ferry from Naples to Sorrento?
The Naples - Sorrento ferry route is available with about 15 weekly crossings, operated by 2 companies: Alilauro and NLG.
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Sorrento?
The duration of the Naples - Sorrento trip is about 40 min, depending on the company you’re traveling with.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Sorrento?
Yes, there are fast hydrofoils from Naples to Sorrento, reaching the port in about 40 min.
How much is the ferry from Naples to Sorrento?
The ferry tickets for the Naples - Sorrento route cost about €15. There is usually a discount for round trips, children and groups of travelers.
Tip: it is possible to travel with your pet to Sorrento for an additional fee of around €4.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Sorrento?
As of now, the first hydrofoil leaves Naples at 09:00 in the morning and arrives in Sorrento at 09:45. The last hydrofoil normally departs at 17:15, reaching the port of Sorrento at 18:00.
What’s the distance between Naples and Sorrento?
The distance between Naples and Sorrento is approximately 14 nautical miles (about 25km).
Am I allowed to travel from Naples to Sorrento?
Yes, traveling from Naples to Sorrento is possible. As you start planning your holidays, take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Italy, including all the documents required for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Sorrento?
On Ferryhopper, you can book ferry tickets from Naples to Sorrento easily, without hidden fees! Find more information about ferry connections on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!
A beautiful sunset in Marina Piccola, Sorrento
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Naples to Sorrento
Before your trip to Sorrento, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- Ferry schedules from Naples to Sorrento change frequently. Always check for any last-minute changes before your departure.
- In case of bad weather conditions, hydrofoils services are usually suspended. We suggest you consult the ferry company you are traveling with.
- If you wish to travel in July or August, we recommend that you arrive at the port of Naples 1 hr before boarding to avoid delays. This also applies to crossings during the weekends.
- From the port of Sorrento, you can continue your journey to the Gulf of Naples! Take a look at the Sorrento - Ischia and Sorrento - Capri routes on Ferryhopper and explore nearby destinations.
Where to take the ferry from Naples to Sorrento
Ferries to Sorrento depart from Molo Beverello, located at the port of Naples. It is close to the city center of Naples (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport.
Tip: close to the port, you can find bars, restrooms and parking lots.
The companies that operate on the Naples - Sorrento ferry route have similar policies for luggage:
- On the ferries of Alilauro, each passenger is entitled to a single piece of luggage with maximum dimensions of 50x35x20cm and a weight not exceeding 9kg.
- NLG allows passengers to carry a single piece of luggage with a maximum size of 50x30x15cm and a maximum weight of 5kg.
Reminder: for additional luggage and luggage that exceeds the proposed dimensions/weight, companies usually apply an extra boarding fee.
Given the short duration of the Naples - Sorrento ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the hydrofoils. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Sorrento with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the hydrofoils to Sorrento. If you’re traveling to Sorrento by car, you can make use of the paid parking lots close to the port of Naples.