Traveling from Sorrento to Naples by ferry
Sorrento is located on the south edge of the Gulf of Naples right across Capri. It is a well known destination with many ferry connections with other Italian ports. The city of Naples is pretty close to Sorrento and even though you can reach Naples by car, it is highly recommended to take a ferry and admire the Italian coastline! On Ferryhopper you can find information about the regular ferry routes and their itineraries to book your ferry tickets and explore the beautiful Italian coast!
How frequent is the ferry connection between Sorrento and Naples?
There are several ferry routes from the port of Sorrento to the port of Naples. The ferry company NGL offers 7 weekly crossings while Alilauro offers 5 daily crossings.
How long is the ferry ride from Sorrento and Naples?
The ferry journey from Sorrento to Naples lasts 35 to 45 min, depending on the ferry route you choose.
What is the distance between Sorrento and Naples?
The port of Sorrento is approximately 14 nautical miles (25 km) from the port of Naples.
Ferry tickets from Sorrento to Naples: Cost
Usually the ferry ticket for the trip from Sorrento to Naples costs around 15 euros. The ferry route is only operated by catamarans so vehicle transportation is unavailable.
How can I book my ferry tickets from Sorrento to Naples?
You can easily hop from Sorrento to Naples in only 4 clicks! Check the Ferryhopper search engine and find all the available itineraries to book ferry tickets at the best prices!
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Sorrento to Naples:
- Catamarans leave from the port of Marina Piccola in Sorrento. The port can be reached on foot from Piazza Tasso, or by the buses of Cooperativa Tasso. There is also an elevator that connects the Villa Comunale of Sorrento with the port.
- In Naples, the most convenient way to reach the central station of Piazza Garibaldi from the port is by taxi (with a fixed fee of 10 euros), or Line 1 of the subway (Piazza Municipio or Università).
- If you have to go to the Capodichino airport, the Alibus stop is located in Piazza Garibaldi and goes directly to Capodichino.
- From Sorrento, you can also travel by ferry to Capri and the Amalfi coast. Check the Ferryhopper map of ferries in order to have a look at all the ferry connections.
- For further information about your ferry trip or ferry tickets, you can contact the Ferryhopper customer support!