Naples to Capri Ferry
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Ηow to get to Capri from Naples by ferry?
The Naples - Capri ferry route is active from May to October with up to 17 daily ferry crossings with high-speed boats (hydrofoils). This route is operated by 2 companies: Navigazione Libera del Golfo (NLG) and SNAV.
What’s the ferry schedule from Naples to Capri?
The earliest ferry from Naples to Capri departs at 07:00 and arrives in Capri at 07:50. The latest departure is usually at 20:00 arriving in Capri at 20:50.
Tip: please note that the Naples to Capri ferry schedule is subject to change. You can check real-time schedules and ferry ticket prices for the crossing on Ferryhopper.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Naples to Capri?
The Naples to Capri ferry price starts at around €23. However, the final ticket price depends on discounts, offers and seat type.
On Ferryhopper, you can find all available offers for the ferry trip to Capri from Naples. Find the lowest prices and best offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper without any hidden fees.
Take advantage of the available discounts and travel by boat from Naples to Capri with lower-cost ferry tickets. Ferry companies offer discounts of up to 50% to the following passenger categories:
- Large groups of travelers
- Permanent residents of islands
Note: infants up to 2 years travel for free.
Ferry route info
How long is the ferry ride from Naples to Capri?
The Naples to Capri ferry time is around 50 min. This depends on the type of vessel and the weather conditions.
Is there a high-speed ferry from Naples to Capri?
Yes, the fastest ferry to Capri from Naples takes about 50 min by high-speed boats (hydrofoils).
What’s the distance between Naples and Capri?
The distance between Naples and Capri is 15 nautical miles (approximately 28 km).
Ferry Trip Tips
Ferry Naples - Capri: useful tips for your trip
Before you board the ferry to Capri from Naples, have a look at some important tips for your ferry ride:
- During the busy months of July and August, it is advisable to arrive at the port of Naples at least 1 hr before boarding to avoid delays.
- Due to unforeseen circumstances, the ferry schedules from Naples to Capri may change. Make sure to confirm your ferry’s departure time. You can also track the Naples - Capri ferry in real-time on the Ferryhopper App!
- From Capri, you can travel by ferry to the ports of Sorrento and Positano. With the Capri to Sorrento and Capri to Positano ferry routes, you can quickly and comfortably reach the Amalfi Coast and explore the breathtaking landscapes.
- Check the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry traveling in Italy, and get ready for your Naples - Capri ferry trip!
Do you need to book Capri ferry tickets in advance?
If you choose to visit Capri from Naples during the busy summer months, it is recommended to plan ahead. It is preferable to book your ferry tickets for the hydrofoil from Naples to Capri in advance and also buy a return ticket.
Where do you get the ferry from Naples to Capri?
Ferries from Naples to Capri depart from the Molo Beverello pier in the port of Naples. The port is located near the city center (Piazza Municipio) and is easily accessible by public transport. It is about 15 km from Capodichino airport and only 10 min from the Naples central railway station.
Can I travel on the ferry from Naples to Capri with a car?
You cannot bring your vehicle on the ferry from Naples to Capri. Keep in mind that, from April to October, traffic on Capri is prohibited for motor vehicles (cars, motorcycles, etc.) except for permanent residents of the island.
Each ferry company operating on the Naples - Capri route has its own baggage allowance policy. Specifically:
- NLG allows only one piece of luggage weighing up to 5 kg with a maximum size of 50x30x15 cm. Suitcases, travel bags and backpacks are considered luggage.
- SNAV allows passengers to bring 1 piece of hand luggage weighing up to 9 kg and with a maximum size of 50x35x20 cm with no extra fee.
Due to the short duration of the Naples - Capri ferry trip, there are no cabins available on the ferries. Onboard seating is included in the ticket price.
You can travel with your pet on the hydrofoil to Capri. Make sure to fill out the appropriate information as you book your tickets. A carrier or cage is required for small pets. As for larger pets, they must have a muzzle and be on a leash.
Book cheap ferry tickets from Naples to Capri
You can easily book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper. Find more information about the ferry to Capri on our Map of ferries, compare companies, prices and schedules, and plan the trip of your dreams!