On this page
What are the available payment options for my purchase? I am worried about my credit card details. Is it safe to place an order through ferryhopper.com? Why do you need my personal data (e.g. Name, Gender, Phone, e-mail) when issuing a ticket? Why doesn't my credit card payment go through? When do refunds become visible?
What are the available payment options for my purchase?June 27, 2019
You can pay for your ticket by credit and debit cards (Maestro, Mastercard, VISA, Visa Electron) or by MasterPass. Currently, Paypal and American Express are not supported but are planned to be integrated soon.
Why do you need my personal data when issuing a ticket?June 27, 2019
Ferry tickets are personal. Thus, in order to issue a ticket, we are required to provide the ferry companies with some personal details, such as the following:
- Your name, surname and gender: the ferry companies’ systems only work with gender conforming identities. Unfortunately, we cannot provide you with any other option than male or female.
- For international trips, and for trips within certain countries, date of birth, nationality, birthplace and ID or passport number are also required in order to book a ticket.
- Your phone number is required by the ferry companies so they can call you in case of a last minute change to your trip.
- Our email address is used by Ferryhopper to send you the booking confirmation e-mail with all the necessary details. We may also send you information if your trip changes or if there is any specific action you need to take. You can also choose to receive our newsletter and specific personal offers we sometimes run.
Why doesn’t my credit card payment go through?June 27, 2019
In some very rare cases, we notice that our bank rejects payment from some of our customers. This could occur as a result of one of the following:
- A typing error was made when entering the card details;
- Insufficient funds on the card you provided;
- Temporary connection error between your bank and ours.
If a payment fails, we suggest that you try again, taking care when entering your data. If the issue persists, contact your bank who will be able to tell you why the payment hasn’t gone through. If you feel the issue could have come from our bank, then simply drop us an e-mail and we will take the issue up with them.
In some cases, you may be prompted for a 3D Secure Code. This is an extra level of security that we enforce in order to protect you from unauthorized transactions. 3D Security is a widely adopted security protocol and is supported by most of the banks worldwide. If your payment is stuck in the 3D security code question, you have just to request this code (usually online) from your bank. If you are still facing problems, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
If you are a US or Canadian bank cardholder (e.g. Capital One), you may need to contact your bank to authorize international transactions (including transactions to Greece).
Transactions & currency rateJune 27, 2019
All transactions are conducted in Euro (€) according to the exchange rate of your card provider that is valid at the time of the transaction. Please note that your bank or payment system may apply their own inter-bank exchange rates, foreign currency transactions or service fees on top of the prices you see on our website.
I have not received my refund yetJune 27, 2019
Refunds are processed to the same bank account used to perform the initial transaction. Usually, depending on the card issuer or your bank, the amount can take 5 to 7 business days to appear in your account. In case 7 business days have passed and your refund has not become visible yet, you can always contact us so that we verify that everything was carried out successfully and help you sort this out.
I am worried about my credit card detailsJune 27, 2019
In Ferryhopper, your safety is of utmost importance. In order to assure that your details are handled in the most secure way, we redirect you to our collaborating bank payment providers’ (Eurobank S.A, Alpha Bank or National Bank of Greece) webpages for the completion of your payment. Your details are securely transferred directly to the bank’s servers through secure SSL 2048-bit encryption.