ON THIS PAGE
- How do I book a ferry ticket?
- How do I know if my booking is confirmed?
- Do you charge a service fee?
- The name on my ticket is misspelled. The license plate number I entered is wrong. What do I do?
- Can I book a whole cabin for me & my travel companions?
- What is the maximum number of passengers and vehicles I can book?
- Do I need to confirm the departure time of my ferry?
- Can I choose my seat on the ferry?
- Are terms and conditions important?
- Are tickets on Ferryhopper the same price as those of the ferry companies? Why did the ticket price increase / decrease?
There is no need to worry about how to book ferry tickets anymore! Ferryhopper has made the process of booking a ferry easier than ever. Now, you can just focus on finding the perfect destination and dates for your holiday! If you have any questions about booking a ferry for your trip in the Mediterranean, this is where you will find the answers.
How do I book a ferry ticket?December 21, 2021
You can book ferry tickets online on Ferryhopper in just a few quick and easy steps. Booking a ferry has never been simpler! Here’s how it works:
- In step 1, you choose departure and destination ports, one-way or return tickets and travel dates. You can also select the number of passengers and vehicles that you would like to transfer on the ferry. Please note that you can revise the number of passengers and vehicles in step 3. Click on the 'Search' button to proceed to step 2.
- In step 2, all available ferry crossings and itineraries will be displayed. Please select the itinerary(ies) that you prefer (outbound and inbound journey) and click 'Continue'. You can search for both indirect and direct ferry routes. If there are no direct ferries available on the selected dates, we will show you direct trips for alternative dates as well as indirect ferry routes for the selected dates.
- In step 3, you choose ticket type and any discount that you are eligible for. If you are a registered user you can have your saved passenger details filled in automatically to save time. Click 'Verify prices' to check availability for the selected seat type and to update the total price according to your selections. If there are tickets available, click 'Proceed to booking' to continue.
- In step 4, you will be asked to enter the passenger and vehicle details (if applicable). If you are logged in as a registered user, you can have your details filled in automatically. You will also have to provide contact details for the lead passenger and choose a collection option for your tickets. Make sure that you read our 'Terms & Conditions' and that you agree before you tick the box! Please review your trip details and click 'Book and pay' to proceed. You are almost there!
- In the final step you will be redirected to our bank’s secure payment gateway to complete your booking. Select card type, enter your card details and make your payment. Your ferry tickets are booked! We will send you a booking confirmation email with your booking details and all the necessary information for your trip. Enjoy your holidays!
How do I know if my booking is confirmed?December 21, 2021
Once you have made your payment and your booking has been successfully completed, you will be redirected to the booking confirmation page, where you will find a summary of your ferry trip as well as your booking details. You will also receive a booking confirmation email with all the necessary information for your trip. To view your trip details you can also access 'My Booking' on our website. You just need the email address you used for your booking and the Ferryhopper code you will find in the booking confirmation email.
If there is a problem with your booking, an error message will appear explaining why your booking has failed. If you are not sure why your booking failed or if you don’t understand the error message, please contact our customer support team and they will be happy to answer your questions. Copying and pasting the error message will make it easier for us to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and to provide the appropriate advice on how to proceed.
Do you charge a service fee?July 17, 2020
A service fee is an additional charge that may be applied to your ticket in order to cover various operating costs (e.g. affiliation services, bank transaction charges, customer service, etc.). Please note that we don’t charge any extra fees when you book your ferry tickets through our website. However, if you book your tickets through an affiliate website, additional charges may be applied. This will be clearly explained before confirmation of any payment. Furthermore, if your trip is canceled and the ferry company is responsible for the cancellation, the service fee is refundable. You can find more detailed information on cancellations here.
The name on my ticket is misspelled. The license plate number I entered is wrong. What do I do?July 17, 2020
It is important to be careful when you fill in the passenger and vehicle details during booking in order to avoid typos and mistakes. The standard procedure for changing a booking is to cancel the issued ticket and book a new one with the correct details. On domestic routes, ferry companies may be more lenient when it comes to spelling mistakes and it is unlikely that you will encounter a problem during boarding. However, if you are traveling internationally or have purchased discounted tickets, you may not be allowed to board the ferry. You should thus make sure that all passenger and vehicle details are written exactly as they appear on your personal documents.
Please also ensure that you have provided the correct email address and phone number, so that we can send you the booking confirmation email and contact you in case of last minute changes to your trip (e.g. due to bad weather conditions, strikes, etc.)
Can I book a whole cabin for me & my travel companions?December 21, 2021
In order to book a whole cabin for you and your travel companions, you will have to select the same accommodation type for all passengers. If the 'whole cabin' option is available, please select 'whole cabin' from the drop-down list. In case the 'whole cabin' option is not available, you can select the 'single bed' option and if all passengers fit in one cabin, they will be placed in the same cabin automatically. If you select the same accommodation type for all passengers, you should see the phrase 'whole cabin' in the trip summary (on the right hand side, just below 'Seat selections & prices'). This verifies that you will be booking a whole cabin.
What is the maximum number of passengers and vehicles I can book?July 17, 2020
Ferryhopper allows you to book up to 4 ferry journeys at once for up to 9 passengers traveling with up to 4 vehicles. If you are traveling with more people, wish to transfer more vehicles or if you would like to book more journeys, you will have to repeat the booking process.
Do I need to confirm the departure time of my ferry?July 17, 2020
It is not necessary to confirm the departure time of your ferry, as it is uncommon for ferry schedules to change. If there is a schedule change that affects your trip, Ferryhopper will notify you via e-mail immediately. We thus recommend that you check your email once on the day before your departure and once on the day of your ferry trip. Some ferry companies also inform their passengers directly via text message in case of schedule modifications. You can also contact the local port authority on the day of your trip to get the latest information on schedule changes and delays.
Can I choose my seat on the ferry?December 21, 2021
You can choose your seat type but not the exact seat. While ferry companies do not provide the option to select your seat, they automatically assign adjacent seats to passengers in the same booking, provided that adjacent seats are available. This is how the booking system of the ferry operators works and, unfortunately, there is nothing Ferryhopper can do if there are no adjacent seats available. Nonetheless, if you and your travel companions are not seated together, you can always ask the crew members for assistance and they will try to accommodate you.
Are terms and conditions important?July 17, 2020
Are tickets on Ferryhopper the same price as those of the ferry companies? Why did the ticket price increase / decrease?July 17, 2020
Ticket prices, discounts and special offers are provided by ferry companies and can change throughout the year according to each ferry company’s pricing policy. Ferryhopper guarantees the best price for you and your travel companions by constantly updating its ticket prices to include all new offers and discounts.
If you are visiting Ferryhopper’s website directly and not through an affiliate website, no extra or hidden fees will be added to your booking. Otherwise, additional charges (clearly mentioned before pricing) may be applied to cover the affiliation fee and the transaction costs.
Are you missing something on this page?
Send us a message and our customer support team will happily respond to all your questions