On this page
- Can I book a whole cabin for me & my co-passengers?
- How can I be sure that my booking has been successful?
- When is a service fee applied?
- The name on my ticket is misspelled. The license plate I have issued is mistaken
- How to book a ferry ticket?
- What is the maximum number of passengers and vehicles I can book?
- Do I need to confirm the departure time?
- Can I choose exactly where I sit?
- Are the terms and conditions important?
- Are your tickets the same price as those of the ferry operators? Why did the ticket price increase or decrease?
Ferryhopper has simplified ferry booking, so it shouldnt be about the process anymore, but about the destination. If you have questions about booking a ferry to the Greek islands, this is where you should start from
Can I book a whole cabin for me & my co-passengers?June 27, 2019
In order to book a private cabin for you and your co-passengers, you need to choose one of the whole cabin options. In the case of two passengers, choose the two-bed option. If you are three passengers and you want to sleep in the same cabin, you need to choose the whole three-bed cabin option. In the case of four passengers, the same rule applies for a whole four-bed cabin. In all these cases, the same accommodation type should be applied to all passengers as cabins are booked as a whole.
If you opt for single beds in shared cabins, you should note that there are separate cabins for males and females. Thus, if you and your travel companion are of a different gender, choosing the single bed option will separate you in different cabins.
How can I be sure that my booking has been successful?June 27, 2019
Once the booking procedure is successfully completed, you will be directed to the booking confirmation page, which includes a summary of the trip you booked as well as any booking details you might need. Shortly after this, you will receive a confirmation email with all of these details handily packaged together. Moreover, you can visit the My Booking feature on our website, providing the e-mail you used during booking as well as your reservation code. Here you will retrieve your booking information and find all the details of your reservation. If the booking is unsuccessful for any reason, you will be redirected to the booking page with an error message, explaining why your booking attempt has failed. If you are not sure why this has happened or don’t understand the error message, get in touch with us and we’ll help you out. Try to copy and paste the error message as this will help us find the right advice for you as fast as possible.
When is a service fee applied?June 27, 2019
A service fee is an additional charge that may be applied to the ticket value, covering several operational costs such as affiliation services, customer service, bank transaction costs etc. If any additional service fee is to be applied upon the price of your ticket, it will be clearly described and explained to you prior to any payment procedure. Please note that in case of a cancellation, the service fee is also refundable (more details to be found here).
The name on my ticket is misspelled. The license plate I have issued is mistakenJune 27, 2019
It is important to be careful when you fill in your details and avoid typos or mistakes. The typical procedure for changing a reservation is to cancel the issued ticket and book a new one with the correct details. In domestic routes, the authorities are not too strict regarding misspellings and it is unlikely that you will encounter a problem upon ticket control. Please note though that on international trips or discount tickets, you should be more careful as you a mistake could cause confusion at the port, resulting, in the worst case in a difficulty to board, or less dramatically, in needing to pay the full fare.
Regarding your email and phone number, please check that you have entered the correct details in order to receive the booking confirmation email as well as any communication in a case of last minute changes to your trip (bad weather, strike, etc).
How to book a ferry ticket?February 25, 2019
We have simplified the steps required for booking your ferry, so it shouldn’t be about the process anymore, but about the destination. Here’s a description of how it works:
- The first step is to choose your departure and destination ports, single or return ticket and your travel dates. You can also choose the number of passengers and cars from this very first step in order to save time. However, you’ll be able to revise passengers and cars in step 3. Click the Search button to move to the second step.
- In the second step, all the available routes will be displayed. Please choose the itineraries (outbound and inbound) that fit your needs and click Continue.You can search for indirect options or choose a direct trip. If there are no available direct trips for the selected dates, we will show you direct trips for adjacent alternative dates as well as indirect trips for the selected date.
- In the third step, you should choose the ticket types and the available discounts. If you are a registered user you can use your stored passengers in order to save time in the next step. Click "Verify prices" to update the current prices and check for availability of your seat type.
- If the chosen tickets are available, click "Proceed to booking" to continue on the last step.
- You are getting close! Please fill in the names of your passengers (if you are logged in and you use your saved passenger, the details will be automatically filled in for you). You have to provide us with your contact details of your lead passenger and choose the way of collecting your ticket. Please read our Terms & Conditions and be sure you agree before you tick the box! If you don’t have any objections, click "Book and Pay" and here you go!
- In the final step, you are redirected to our bank’s secure payment portal to complete your payment. Select your card type, fill in the card details and pay! Your ticket is issued! An e-mail with your reservation has just arrived in your Inbox! Have a nice trip!
What is the maximum number of passengers and vehicles I can book?June 27, 2019
Ferryhopper allows you to book up to 4 trips at once for up to 9 people travelling with up to 4 vehicles. We feel that’s quite a lot already. If you want to travel in a bigger party, you’re going to have to go through the reservation procedure multiple times.
Do I need to confirm the departure time?June 27, 2019
It is not necessary to confirm the departure time since the schedule announced by the ferry operators usually remains the same. In case your ferry operator issues a modification that affects your trip, you can rest assured that Ferryhopper will notify you via email or SMS as soon as we have this information. Moreover, some ferry operators inform the passengers directly via text message in case a modification occurs. On the day of your trip, you can also contact the port authorities at your location to get the most updated information. So generally, it’s a good idea to have access to your e-mail once on the day of your trip, and once the day before.
Can I choose exactly where I sit?June 27, 2019
You can choose your preferred seat type but not the exact seat. Ferry companies do not provide seat selection options but automatically place passengers under the same reservation in adjacent seats provided that there is availability. This isn’t always possible though. Unfortunately this is a parameter set by the reservation system of the ferry operators and we cannot control it. However, in case you and your co-passengers are not seated together, you can ask the ferry crew members to assist you, they are always willing to help sit a family or group of friends together.
Are the terms and conditions important?June 27, 2019
Moreover, each ferry operator has its own policy that defines exactly what you are allowed or not allowed to do regarding cancellations, refunds, modifications, changing your travel dates or destination. The terms and conditions of your ticket are decided and enforced by the ferry operator and not by Ferryhopper. Before you purchase your tickets, you are asked to read and consent with the terms and conditions of both Ferryhopper and the ferry operators that operate your trip. During the issuing, the possible modification or the cancellation of your tickets we are legally obliged to follow these policies. Therefore, it is not possible for us to bypass these terms and conditions by any means.
Are your tickets the same price as those of the ferry operators? Why did the ticket price increase or decrease?March 28, 2019
Prices of the ferry tickets as well as special offers are set by the ferry operators and may vary over the year according to the ferry company’s pricing policy. Ferryhopper is continuously updating this information so as to incorporate all new offers and achieve the lowest price for you and your co-travellers. If you are visiting Ferryhopper directly and not through any affiliate network, no additional or hidden costs will be added to your ticket price. Otherwise, a service fee (clearly mentioned before pricing) may be applied to cover the affiliation and transactional costs.