Ferry from Santorini to Mykonos
Tickets, Prices & Schedules
Is there a direct ferry from Santorini to Mykonos?
Yes, there are 7 daily ferry crossings from Santorini to Mykonos during summer. Ferry routes to Santorini are usually operated by 4 ferry companies: Seajets, Minoan Lines, Golden Star Ferries, and Fast Ferries.
Tip: you can check real-time data for ferries from Santorini to Mykonos on our fare search engine.
Am I allowed to travel to Mykonos from Santorini?
Yes, traveling from Santorini to Mykonos is allowed. As you start planning your holidays, we suggest you take a look at the latest updates on Covid-19 and ferry travel in Greece, including all the documents required for your ferry trip.
What’s the ferry schedule from Santorini to Mykonos
The ferry route from Santorini to Mykonos is seasonal, running from April to October. In summer, there are usually 3 to 7 daily ferries from Santorini to Mykonos.
The earliest ferry departs from Santorini around 09:00 in the morning and reaches the port of Mykonos around 11:30. The latest departure from Santorini to Mykonos is usually at 14:15, with the ferry arriving at 17:35.
Ferry Tickets, Offers & Discounts
How much is the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos?
The Santorini to Mykonos ferry price ranges from €67 to €89. The final cost may vary depending on available offers and discounts, ferry company and type of vessel.
On Ferryhopper, you can find the best available offers for the ferry to Mykonos from Santorini. Find real-time information about all ferry routes, compare prices and offers, and book your ferry tickets on Ferryhopper at no extra cost.
The ferry route from Santorini to Mykonos offers discount tickets to the following passenger categories:
- Permanent residents of islands (holders of Unique Islander Number)
- Students of Greek Public Universities
- People with disabilities and their accompanying persons
Note: keep in mind that available discounts may vary depending on the company that operates on the route.
Ferry Route Info
How long is the ferry ride from Santorini to Mykonos?
Getting from Santorini to Mykonos by ferry takes about 2-3.5 hr, depending on the ferry route and type of vessel you’ve chosen.
Tip: bear in mind that ferry timetables may change. Therefore, make sure to check your departure time before your trip. You can also track your ferry in real time on the Ferryhopper App!
How far is Santorini from Mykonos?
The distance between Santorini and Mykonos is approximately 64 nautical miles (about 118 km).
Is there a high-speed ferry from Santorini to Mykonos?
Yes, the route from Santorini to Mykonos is mainly served by high-speed ferries. The fastest ferry to Mykonos reaches the port in 1 hr 55 min.
Ferry Trip Tips
Useful tips for your ferry trip from Santorini to Mykonos
Here are some useful tips for your ferry trip to Mykonos from Santorini:
- The port of Athinios in Santorini gets rather busy in high season. Make sure to arrive well in advance, especially if you want to bring along your vehicle. For more tips, take a look at our survival guide for Athinios Port.
- We recommend booking your return ticket to Santorini in time, as tickets sell out quickly.
- If you visit Mykonos for a day or two, make sure to plan a night out during your stay, as Mykonos is well-known for its nightlife.
- Discover more tips about holidays in Mykonos, and take your vacation to the next level!
- Mykonos is a cosmopolitan destination that attracts many visitors, especially in summer. We recommend that you book ferry tickets and accommodation well in advance.
- For more information about available timetables, check our updated guide on Santorini-Mykonos ferry schedules for 2023.
- Check our Map of ferries to discover additional island-hopping options from the port of Mykonos to nearby destinations, including Tinos, Milos, Amorgos, and Ikaria.
Where to take the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos
Ferries to Mykonos depart from the port of Athinios (also known as the “New port” or “Thira port”). The port of Athinios is located on the southwest side of the Santorini, about 7.5 km from Fira, the capital of the island. You can easily get there by car, bus or taxi.
Can I travel on the Santorini to Mykonos ferry with a car?
If you’re planning to travel to Mykonos with your vehicle, make sure to check whether there is a car deck on the ferry before booking your tickets.
Ferry companies are usually quite flexible when it comes to luggage size and weight. You can keep your luggage next to you or store your bags and suitcases in the designated luggage area on the ferry from Santorini to Mykonos.
Tip: each ferry company has its own policies for luggage. We recommend that you don’t carry more than 50 kg of luggage, as there might be limited storage capacity on the vessels.
Given the short duration of the Santorini - Mykonos ferry crossing, there are no cabins available on the ferries. Depending on the type of vessel and ferry company you’re traveling with, you can choose between numbered, airplane and VIP seats.
You can travel with your pet to Mykonos, as most vessel types have specifically designed infrastructure for pets. Make sure to consult the company you’ve chosen about necessary certificates, pet tickets and any supplies you may need for your trip.
Where can I book cheap ferry tickets from Santorini to Mykonos
On Ferryhopper, you plan your trip from Santorini to Mykonos with ease! Find real-time information about schedules, compare companies and prices, and book ferry tickets at no extra cost!